Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last chance month for PH 09:56 - Oct 4 with 2372 viewsDA22A

I have to admit that I wanted a change of manager this season and really liked the way that PH came across in his press conferences. I had no idea how good the players he was signing were, so I just put my faith that he knew what he was doing. So I'm disappointed that the club is in its current position and worried about the quality of the squad that's now in place.

I would have thought that October is the final month for PH to prove that he can put a team together to win matches. If we get to November and our win column still reads "0", then I would hope that Evans would replace him.

That would give the new manager November/December to look over the squad before the transfer window opens in January.

The state of our attacking options is dire though, so I don't expect much improvement over the next few games.
Last chance month for PH on 10:06 - Oct 4 with 2348 viewsBasuco

It would be a very sad day if ITFC started the revolving door policy of hiring and firing managers every few games. Town need to stick with PH at least until the new year.
Last chance month for PH on 10:14 - Oct 4 with 2324 viewssimoitfc

Last chance month for PH on 10:06 - Oct 4 by Basuco

It would be a very sad day if ITFC started the revolving door policy of hiring and firing managers every few games. Town need to stick with PH at least until the new year.

and who says we will have money to spend in jan??
Last chance month for PH on 11:04 - Oct 4 with 2271 viewsBasuco

Last chance month for PH on 10:14 - Oct 4 by simoitfc

and who says we will have money to spend in jan??

We will have more money to spend on players in January if we do not pay off a very large sum to PH and his coaching team.
Last chance month for PH on 11:42 - Oct 4 with 2234 viewsGuthrum

Thing is, it's not like we're contemplating sacking the manager for being in 12th place rather than the playoffs. We're in the bottom three, unable to win a single game and showing no sign of turning things around.

It would be a very sad day for ITFC if we were to get relegated because of a sentimental desire not to rectify a situation which it is becoming abundantly clear is not working. If the manager cannot turn it around, then we have to try someone else.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Last chance month for PH on 11:54 - Oct 4 with 2204 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Agree with Dazza, this has to be the last chance month. We cannot continue into November if we have zero wins. I too was thrilled that we got PH, but began to become anxious at the amount of change he brought, and especially at the sale of Waghorn. I really hope he can turn it around, but in reality I have low expectation as our strike force just seems inadequate. I dont think Jackson has a good enough first touch, same with Harrison although he is now injured, and think PH has seriously under-estimated the gulf between League 1 and Championship. If its zero wins by end of Oct, he has to go.

Poll: would you rather

Last chance month for PH on 12:01 - Oct 4 with 2188 viewsghostofescobar

Spot on.

On one hand I feel PH has made a mistake by changing the majority of the squad too quickly and with not enough Championship experience, and on the other, we haven't been a millions miles off being a bit further up the table. Bit unlucky with red cards and injuries? For me the biggest mistake was Waghorn, Garner and Didz going and not replacing them with similar experienced players. Main reason we suffered after Murphy went was that we didn't adequately replace him (different circumstances, I accept).

GhostOfEscobar

Last chance month for PH on 12:28 - Oct 4 with 2140 viewsPinewoodblue

Last chance month for PH on 11:04 - Oct 4 by Basuco

We will have more money to spend on players in January if we do not pay off a very large sum to PH and his coaching team.

Be very surprised if contracts don't contain a cap on sum to be paid if departure in the first six months, or less. He hasn't moved his family to Suffolk yet.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Last chance month for PH on 12:38 - Oct 4 with 2119 viewsWD19

Last chance month for PH on 11:54 - Oct 4 by LegendofthePhoenix

Agree with Dazza, this has to be the last chance month. We cannot continue into November if we have zero wins. I too was thrilled that we got PH, but began to become anxious at the amount of change he brought, and especially at the sale of Waghorn. I really hope he can turn it around, but in reality I have low expectation as our strike force just seems inadequate. I dont think Jackson has a good enough first touch, same with Harrison although he is now injured, and think PH has seriously under-estimated the gulf between League 1 and Championship. If its zero wins by end of Oct, he has to go.

Its only the 4th. Can we not just agree between ourselves that September was the month to turn it around? Its going to be a long month otherwise.
Login to get fewer ads

Last chance month for PH on 12:40 - Oct 4 with 2121 viewsGavTWTD

I think, personally, we should give him until the start of december. Sound out a new manager and get him in with enough time to get new players in the January window.

The frustrating thing is that most fans were very happy with Hurst when he was chosen (87% on our poll), and made signings like Nolan and Edwards that the majority appluaded.

I'm still at the stage that I desperately want him to turn it around as his hand was forced with Waghorn/McGoldrick/Webster/Gardner.

His biggest mistake has been the loan market and not getting someone in of quality up front.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Last chance month for PH on 12:50 - Oct 4 with 2072 viewsGuthrum

Last chance month for PH on 12:40 - Oct 4 by GavTWTD

I think, personally, we should give him until the start of december. Sound out a new manager and get him in with enough time to get new players in the January window.

The frustrating thing is that most fans were very happy with Hurst when he was chosen (87% on our poll), and made signings like Nolan and Edwards that the majority appluaded.

I'm still at the stage that I desperately want him to turn it around as his hand was forced with Waghorn/McGoldrick/Webster/Gardner.

His biggest mistake has been the loan market and not getting someone in of quality up front.

In terms of giving Hurst a fair crack of the whip, no problem with December.

However, if we have failed to win between now and then, continuing to average about half a point per game, the risk is we would be too far adrift down the foot of the table to fix the problems and avoid relegation. There's already a two point gap between us and the team in 21st.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Last chance month for PH on 23:19 - Oct 4 with 1955 viewsBlueBadger

Last chance month for PH on 11:04 - Oct 4 by Basuco

We'll have b*gger all to spend on anything in League One..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Last chance month for PH on 00:01 - Oct 5 with 1914 viewsStNeotsBlue

You're last point is the most pertinent. In previous years we've brought in some dross on loan but there is always one game changer, Celina, Lawrence, Williams etc. Do any of our loan players massively improve the team, not sure. Would any of the loan players have got into previous teams, again not sure.

As it stands we're going down without too much of a struggle.

FWIW McM had to go his time here was done, Hurst has messed up the tremendous goodwill he had and I'm not sure if he will be able to claw it back with the players at his disposal which is down to him.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 0:04]
Last chance month for PH on 00:19 - Oct 5 with 1892 viewsjeera

How is sacking one crap manager after a few months a "revolving door"?

He is the 2nd man in 6 odd years.

Should we hang onto him for dear life at all costs then, to protect some kind of reputation regardless? Of course not.

One manager for the next 10 years or 20 - who cares? If one is up to the job, then you try to keep him. If he's crap, you get rid.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Last chance month for PH on 00:31 - Oct 5 with 1872 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'His biggest mistake has been the loan market and not getting someone in of quality up front'.

Loan market yes indeed. As for the striking department I'm led to believe that it's partly his fault because if he had been handed money to spend for the Championship quality striker things might have been different.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 0:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024