Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus' new plan strategy? 21:03 - Oct 4 with 1243 viewsbadadski

I have been thinking, worrying, thinking some more over our predicament and massive overhaul to the Sqaud and of course negative results which have followed.

I cant decide that maybe Paul Hurst and Evans had already discussed and knew that this was the possible outcome and that before things can get better they would most likely get worse first. With such a drastic change of style it wasn't possible with keeping lots of players we had and of course you have to build from the floor upwards.

It was a demolition job and with it was the possible outcome of relegation which maybe Evans has discussed and even allowed to happen before getting the players at a competitive level with one another and to play the way Hurst wants them to play. If the same Sqaud stays even after relegation, we can see that the players are to a decent standard on an individual level just not together as a squad for the time being?

Just thinking aloud and come to the realisation that this is what has been planned and maybe Evans has all ready accepted relegation as the risk and possible outcome before the rebuild and playing style can be ingrained for quick promotion and better togetherness and competitiveness in later years?

Marcus' new plan strategy? on 21:17 - Oct 4 with 1202 viewsANNA3ROA

My plan would be for Paul Hurst to be sacked after Swansea defeat and if M.E did accepted relegation I think not? Sell the club....Ipswich are a joke.
Marcus' new plan strategy? on 21:46 - Oct 4 with 1156 viewsBlueNode

Ah Yes, it all makes sense now.

The resurgence of the grass roots football scene, and we will be at the forefront of this unstoppable movement.

Everyone is sick of the money go round which is the modern game and how tv money has corrupted the whole environment.

Everybody knows Labour will nationalise everything again, and football clubs will have to readjust to the new wages cap in the great leap forward of the 5 year sporting plan.

So when all the johnny foreigner players relocate, and the mercenary players emigrate. We will have the infrastructure already in place to take advantage of the new prevailing order.

Local clubs for local people. Pride in the Shirt.

I can smell it already.

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Marcus' new plan strategy? on 21:54 - Oct 4 with 1136 viewsbadadski

Marcus' new plan strategy? on 21:46 - Oct 4 by BlueNode

Ah Yes, it all makes sense now.

The resurgence of the grass roots football scene, and we will be at the forefront of this unstoppable movement.

Everyone is sick of the money go round which is the modern game and how tv money has corrupted the whole environment.

Everybody knows Labour will nationalise everything again, and football clubs will have to readjust to the new wages cap in the great leap forward of the 5 year sporting plan.

So when all the johnny foreigner players relocate, and the mercenary players emigrate. We will have the infrastructure already in place to take advantage of the new prevailing order.

Local clubs for local people. Pride in the Shirt.

I can smell it already.

We can't compete with the parachute teams, we can't compete with the big money spenders, Evans has acknowledged he won't spend big bucks so what are we actually playing for ?

What's the end game, it's an entertainment business and if we can't compete we certainly can't entertain by playing the way we have season after season.

spending money on top league one and two players was never going to compete straight out of the gate with big money championship, proven players or Ex Premier league or current premier league loans that the majority of the other championship teams now have and the divide is becoming bigger and bigger each season as it passes so it's the only rationale I can see ?
Marcus' new plan strategy? on 22:14 - Oct 4 with 1091 viewsScuzzer

Marcus' new plan strategy? on 21:54 - Oct 4 by badadski

We can't compete with the parachute teams, we can't compete with the big money spenders, Evans has acknowledged he won't spend big bucks so what are we actually playing for ?

What's the end game, it's an entertainment business and if we can't compete we certainly can't entertain by playing the way we have season after season.

spending money on top league one and two players was never going to compete straight out of the gate with big money championship, proven players or Ex Premier league or current premier league loans that the majority of the other championship teams now have and the divide is becoming bigger and bigger each season as it passes so it's the only rationale I can see ?

Thing is we are not competing with any club at the moment regardless of their financial clout.

Established 1968

Marcus' new plan strategy? on 22:17 - Oct 4 with 1077 viewsRob88

Your conclusion is absurd.

I think you have all lost your marbles.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 22:24]
Marcus' new plan strategy? on 22:22 - Oct 4 with 1078 viewsgt81

It is possible that Marcus could be thinking on those lines but it's a risky strategy.

No guarantee if we go down that we'd come back up, let alone come back and be stronger - especially if football finances continue to inflate.

But it might be easier to build a team on the cheap, blood youngsters and develop a playing style in League 1 than the Championship.

How much more pain can fans endure to see such a strategy through though? How much of a hit can the club and Evans take in terms of a revenue drop relegation would bring?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 22:31]
Marcus' new plan strategy? on 22:23 - Oct 4 with 1068 viewsbadadski

Marcus' new plan strategy? on 22:17 - Oct 4 by Rob88

Your conclusion is absurd.

I think you have all lost your marbles.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 22:24]

It's not a conclusion, merely a thought, its unfoundered, has no substance and only when time passes will we know. If we keep losing and Hurst continues to be employed will we know for sure.
Marcus' new plan strategy? on 22:28 - Oct 4 with 1046 viewsRob88

Marcus' new plan strategy? on 22:23 - Oct 4 by badadski

It's not a conclusion, merely a thought, its unfoundered, has no substance and only when time passes will we know. If we keep losing and Hurst continues to be employed will we know for sure.

Know what for sure?

If we get relegated it doesn’t confirm your thought.
Login to get fewer ads

Marcus' new plan strategy? on 22:43 - Oct 4 with 1005 viewsRegencyBlue

Marcus' new plan strategy? on 22:22 - Oct 4 by gt81

It is possible that Marcus could be thinking on those lines but it's a risky strategy.

No guarantee if we go down that we'd come back up, let alone come back and be stronger - especially if football finances continue to inflate.

But it might be easier to build a team on the cheap, blood youngsters and develop a playing style in League 1 than the Championship.

How much more pain can fans endure to see such a strategy through though? How much of a hit can the club and Evans take in terms of a revenue drop relegation would bring?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 22:31]

If Evans is contemplating anything along these lines it will be the biggest mistake he’s ever made and that’s saying something!

All I see happening if we are relegated is contracts being cancelled, much more penny pinching and a lot of talk about not being able to compete with the big spenders of League 1!

In short more of what we have now and with about as much chance of promotion as we have now ie none.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024