Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Pubs 10:36 - Oct 5 with 1152 viewsChocorange

Off to Swansea tomorrow, setting off today for the mammoth trip.

Never been before, any recommendations on where the hardy few ITFC fans making the trip will head for?
Swansea Pubs on 10:39 - Oct 5 with 1144 viewssoupytwist

Also heading there (from the in-laws place in south Wales so will be most of the way to Swansea by tonight). No idea on pubs but any parking tips greatly received.
Swansea Pubs on 11:19 - Oct 5 with 1112 viewsSwansea_Blue

Swansea Pubs on 10:39 - Oct 5 by soupytwist

Also heading there (from the in-laws place in south Wales so will be most of the way to Swansea by tonight). No idea on pubs but any parking tips greatly received.

(updated to include park & ride options)

PARKING:
Parking's a bit crap. They've been drawing double yellow lines everywhere i the last few years to force people into the car parks. There's an 'official' car park by the Landore Park and Ride opposite the stadium; can be a bit of a nightmare getting out at the end of the game, but it's probably the easiest option and the one I've used as a local. Instructions from Liberty stadium site:
"Park and Walk Post code: SA1 2JT Landore Park and Walk is a 3 minute walk to the stadium and can be purchased on the day at £6 per vehicle, subject to availability. The Park and Walk sites open two hours prior to kick off and close up to 2 hours after the final whistle. Visitors are advised that some of this car park's surface will be gravel."

If you stay on the M4 until J46, there's another park and ride just off the motorway:
"Park and Ride Felindre and Ride is located off Junction 46 of the M4. The cost of which is £10 a vehicle. The Park and Ride opens two hours prior to kick off and closes up to 2 hours after final whistle."

Street parking is possible, but the wrong side of the ground for fans coming from the East. But if you're there early you can head towards Pentre Mawr Road, and there's on-street parking in the side roads around there (about 5-10 mins walk SW of the ground). BUT there are road closures after the game and you may have hell of a job getting back past the stadium heading north or east.

Curve ball option:
If it's a nice day (unlikely for here!), and you like a walk, another option is to park in the car park behind Sainsbury's - come in on the A483 off J42 of the M4, keep going straight to the town centre. About 100m after Sainsbury's take a small left into Sainsbury Place and there's a pay & display at the end of that road (SA1 1RP will get you close).

From there you walk across the river on the footbridge, there's a nice bar/restaurant at the end of the bridge that has Moretti on tap (expensive though). Turn left and follow the footpath all the way up the river (after crossing the main road bridge, which is a bit confusing, but basically head up-river). It's nice enough walk on a sunny day - takes about 30 mins.

PUBS BY THE GROUND:
- Harvester & Frankie & benny's outside the ground are both away fan friendly (as are the Swans fans in general).
- Opposite the ground, about 5 mins walk to the SW is a micro-brewery (Boss Brewing). This place is a bit of a shed, but is away fan friendly. Their beers are good (plastic cups though) if you like stronger, hoppy stuff.
- Local pubs - I've heard the Plough and Harrow is ok, but steer clear of the Railway (bit of a home pub and ram packed too)
- There's a fan zone outside the ground, but drinks are in bottles and probably not that cold. i think they just sell the same Carling and cider as inside the ground, not sure as I've never been in. They'll have a band on and games for the kids..
- In the ground is Carling / bottled cider and a bit crap/expensive - ok fo those with a beer head on but that's about it.

PUBS IN TOWN (to get to the ground from these, head to the Railway station and catch the No 4 bus from opposite side of the road to the station entrance. It's also possible to walk from the station - just Google maps route, takes about 20-25 mins):
- Grand Hotel - right outside the rail station - away fan friendly, used to crowds, normally showing the early games.
- Wind street has many places - take your pick, again many show early game.
- Copper Bar ( https://en-gb.facebook.com/CopperBarSwansea/). *MY PICK*. On Castle Square (top of Wind Street) this is a small place by local micro brewery Boss (not really a footie bar, and not suited to big groups, but ideal for the more sensible of us!). IPA heaven.
- 'Spoons - I only mention it because people always talk about it. It's the Potters Wheel and is quite out, down the far end of the Kingsway. I wouldn't bother.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 12:01]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Swansea Pubs on 11:59 - Oct 5 with 1085 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186466-d5914884-r402321706-The_Up

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Swansea Pubs on 12:01 - Oct 5 with 1084 viewsSwansea_Blue

Swansea Pubs on 11:59 - Oct 5 by factual_blue

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186466-d5914884-r402321706-The_Up

Used to be my local - it was good! Sounds like the tone lowered when I left though, which obviously is to be expected.

Swansea Pubs on 13:12 - Oct 5 with 1024 viewsfactual_blue

Swansea Pubs on 12:01 - Oct 5 by Swansea_Blue

Used to be my local - it was good! Sounds like the tone lowered when I left though, which obviously is to be expected.

How was your trip to the Charente by the way?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Swansea Pubs on 15:41 - Oct 5 with 953 viewsSwansea_Blue

Swansea Pubs on 13:12 - Oct 5 by factual_blue

How was your trip to the Charente by the way?

Brilliant thanks. First campsite was a bit of a dive, so we re-booked in on Île d'Oléron and had a great time. There was so much to do with the kids that we didn't travel much at all, so the sand dunes and cities will have to wait for another trip. Just far to much to cram into the week.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024