Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decision for Evans 13:09 - Oct 5 with 4067 viewsitfcjoe

Fairly simple really....

Does he think Paul Hurst or AN Other is better equipped to get more points from the following games:

QPR (H)
Leeds (A)
Millwall (A)
Preston North End (H)
Reading (A)

Because I think we all accept is there is to be a change of manager an international break is as good a time as there is to give new man 2 weeks to have a crack at it.

If we change manager, Evans will likely need to dip into his pocket in January, because we can't go down without giving it a good go and trying all we can.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Decision for Evans on 13:16 - Oct 5 with 4013 viewsMeenoITFC

All this talk about getting rid. It would do more damage then good! Keep the faith we will get a win somewhere soon.

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Decision for Evans on 13:17 - Oct 5 with 4004 viewsBlueBadger

Decision for Evans on 13:16 - Oct 5 by MeenoITFC

All this talk about getting rid. It would do more damage then good! Keep the faith we will get a win somewhere soon.

I'm not sure how much MORE damage than 'no win in 11, no sign of a win and an utterly directionless, demoralised team that can neither defend nor score' can be done, right now.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 13:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Decision for Evans on 13:24 - Oct 5 with 3946 viewsPJH

I used to go to all games home and away either expecting to win or at least believing that there was a way that we could win-thank you MM.
I now go to all games home and away thinking either that we might win(at home)but just as likely not or expecting to lose(away)-thank you PH.

Of those five games listed in the OP under normal circumstances it would be reasonable to expect to beat QPR and Preston at PR and at least not lose at Millwall and Reading but these are not normal circumstances.

Leeds away is usually difficult but in the recent past has been seen by me as winnable but this season I don't think so.
Decision for Evans on 13:25 - Oct 5 with 3933 viewsfactual_blue

Decision for Evans on 13:17 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

I'm not sure how much MORE damage than 'no win in 11, no sign of a win and an utterly directionless, demoralised team that can neither defend nor score' can be done, right now.

...and as for the turnstiles......

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Decision for Evans on 13:27 - Oct 5 with 3926 viewsBlueBadger

Decision for Evans on 13:25 - Oct 5 by factual_blue

...and as for the turnstiles......

...and the pressers, at least dear old Mick used to upset the sort of people who thoroughly deserved upsetting.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Decision for Evans on 13:28 - Oct 5 with 3911 viewshomer_123

Given we can't change the squad, what we need is a manager that can get a disparate group of players to play as a team. Get more from them than the sum of their parts.

Grind out a few wins, solid defense, good work rate and commitment etc.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Decision for Evans on 13:29 - Oct 5 with 3889 viewsronnyblue

The only way we could possibly get a win is to play the rest of the games as table football on Felixstowe pier ! The shower masquerading as itfc would struggle to beat the Ipswich ladies team !
Decision for Evans on 13:29 - Oct 5 with 3890 viewsPJH

Decision for Evans on 13:28 - Oct 5 by homer_123

Given we can't change the squad, what we need is a manager that can get a disparate group of players to play as a team. Get more from them than the sum of their parts.

Yes, just like we did 6 years ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Decision for Evans on 13:35 - Oct 5 with 3842 viewsNo9

Unfortunately Joe, it's a business.
Decision for Evans on 14:33 - Oct 5 with 3735 viewsRegencyBlue

Faith, as someone famous, whose name completely escapes me at the moment, once said, is for people who do not want to know the truth!

This guy is so far out of his depth it is frightening and the new man is going to need as much time as posssible to sort this mess out.

Make the change and make it now.
Decision for Evans on 14:41 - Oct 5 with 3709 viewsRegencyBlue

I agree the change needs to be made now.

Having said that the prospect of Evans dipping into his pocket in January is pretty unlikely. We had a great chance of going up in January 2015 with some judicious spending but Evans sat on his hands. If he wouldnt spend then I cannot see him spending much in this situation.

I really dont know what he is doing here.
Decision for Evans on 14:51 - Oct 5 with 3662 viewsNo9

Decision for Evans on 13:24 - Oct 5 by PJH

I used to go to all games home and away either expecting to win or at least believing that there was a way that we could win-thank you MM.
I now go to all games home and away thinking either that we might win(at home)but just as likely not or expecting to lose(away)-thank you PH.

Of those five games listed in the OP under normal circumstances it would be reasonable to expect to beat QPR and Preston at PR and at least not lose at Millwall and Reading but these are not normal circumstances.

Leeds away is usually difficult but in the recent past has been seen by me as winnable but this season I don't think so.

"I used to go to all games home and away either expecting to win or at least believing that there was a way that we could win-thank you MM. "

Really, in his day I used to go to PR wondering who & what and if we made a draw it would be good. You can imagine how overjoyed I was at wins?
Decision for Evans on 14:51 - Oct 5 with 3663 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

I hate sacking managers but it got to be done before the damage gets to great. We haven't looked like winning a game over 90 mins so far this season.

The style of play Hurst said he was going to bring to the club has been non-existent.

Hurst sounded completely lost and beaten after the Boro game, the whispers of unrest behind the scenes is most worrying, we cant afford to lose Klug again.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Decision for Evans on 15:18 - Oct 5 with 3624 viewsipswich78

We need a lot more than one though?

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Decision for Evans on 15:18 - Oct 5 with 3624 viewsBluebell

To be honest I think I could do that with the team at Hurst's disposal.

For a start I would drop a few of the 'undropables' and start with players who I think would put 100% in playing for the shirt!
Decision for Evans on 15:19 - Oct 5 with 3610 viewsipswich78

"Grind out a few wins, solid defense, good work rate and commitment etc."

Mmmmm now if only we could have a manager who could do that?

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Decision for Evans on 15:36 - Oct 5 with 3573 viewsGuthrum

Decision for Evans on 15:18 - Oct 5 by Bluebell

To be honest I think I could do that with the team at Hurst's disposal.

For a start I would drop a few of the 'undropables' and start with players who I think would put 100% in playing for the shirt!

Yes, I think it would be quite possible to perform better with the same set of players.

Drop Nolan and replace with Dozzell/Ward/Edun. Push Chalobah up from DM to AM. Get more bodies into the box when attacking. Practice corners.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Decision for Evans on 15:51 - Oct 5 with 3525 viewsSuperfrans

Problem is, one win is not enough. We need 10 or more wins this season to have any chance of staying up.

Average wins for a relegated club over the past 25 years is 10, average points gained about 42. To be safe, we need about 13-15 wins minimum I reckon.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Decision for Evans on 00:00 - Oct 6 with 3335 viewsPlums

Decision for Evans on 13:17 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

I work with a Boro, season ticket holder who just walked up to me on Wednesday and summed it all up:
‘What the hell was that? I can’t remember ever seeing a Championship team perform like that first half. You only had more of the ball in the second half because we’d already won the game’

It’s a shambles.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Decision for Evans on 00:09 - Oct 6 with 3322 viewswellhungphil

Rumours are The Special One will be available very shortly...
Decision for Evans on 07:39 - Oct 6 with 3207 viewsjas0999

Evans will need to dip into his pocket in January anyway. We only reinvested around 50% of the transfer fees received in August. This year, wages is not an argument for where the money went. Although we signed as many players as we let go, there is very little chance that the new signings are on as much as the likes of Waghorn, Garner, McGoldrick, Webster etc.

Equally this years loans must be considerably cheaper.
Decision for Evans on 08:47 - Oct 6 with 3136 viewsblueconscience

Only decision Evans has to make, is whether or not he wants to invest in the squad to make them competitive in this league.

New manager will just have the same issues.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Decision for Evans on 09:07 - Oct 6 with 3092 viewsclive_baker

I don’t think that is the decision, that’s overly simplistic. The future of this football club stretches far beyond 5 matches, albeit they could be critical in terms of this season. The question Evans really needs to ask himself is does he have the appetite to support a team that can be competitive at this level? He’s not shown that for a while and I would suggest the answer is no. Replacing the manager is fine, but the root of the issue is under investment across areas, and it’s a slow regression that’s only a matter of time before it results in relegation and levelling out in league status. On paper we aren’t good enough, and PH needs to take some of that responsibility because I really don’t think he’s recruitment has been up to scratch. The money he has spent has been misplaced, but he’s only a part of the problem.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024