Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spoke to George Burley 17:18 - Oct 5 with 8486 viewsIpswich24

Whilst picking my daughter up from school today. He defiantly wants another shot. I would love see him return working alongside Brian Plug.

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Spoke to George Burley on 17:20 - Oct 5 with 5346 viewsLord_Lucan

That made I laugh

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Spoke to George Burley on 17:21 - Oct 5 with 5339 viewsjpring89

Did this really happen

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Spoke to George Burley on 17:25 - Oct 5 with 5302 viewsJ2BLUE

I wouldn't. Love him but our fans turn incredibly quickly these days. Rather than bringing back the glory years we'd be destroying a legend. We should definitely have some sort of role for him at the club but the manager role isn't it.

Would we put it past Evans to use Burley's good will to cut funding even more?

Not a good idea.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Spoke to George Burley on 17:25 - Oct 5 with 5312 viewsITFC_Forever

Who knows if this is true... but I wouldn't be surprised... GB's grandkids go to the same school in north-west Ipswich as my nephew, my sister-in-law often sees him doing the school run.

And of course he wants another go at it, witness his interview when we knew Mick was going. Whether ME will let him or not is a different question.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Spoke to George Burley on 17:27 - Oct 5 with 5277 viewsSuperfrans

Spoke to George Burley on 17:25 - Oct 5 by ITFC_Forever

Who knows if this is true... but I wouldn't be surprised... GB's grandkids go to the same school in north-west Ipswich as my nephew, my sister-in-law often sees him doing the school run.

And of course he wants another go at it, witness his interview when we knew Mick was going. Whether ME will let him or not is a different question.

I would be utterly astonished if ME ever went for Burley as our manager. I just can't see it ever happening.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Spoke to George Burley on 17:30 - Oct 5 with 5250 viewsITFC_Forever

Spoke to George Burley on 17:27 - Oct 5 by Superfrans

I would be utterly astonished if ME ever went for Burley as our manager. I just can't see it ever happening.

I can't see it either - what GB wants and what ME will do are likely to be two different things.

But any incoming manager could do alot worse than get Burley involved..... or PH for that matter. But there's no way he'll bin Deputy Doig and PH is too insecure to see someone like Burley as anything other than a threat to his position.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Spoke to George Burley on 17:32 - Oct 5 with 5237 viewsfooters

Good troll post is good troll post.

8/10, for the bites, defiantly and Plug.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Spoke to George Burley on 17:33 - Oct 5 with 5221 viewsstewartm

Spoke to George Burley on 17:25 - Oct 5 by J2BLUE

I wouldn't. Love him but our fans turn incredibly quickly these days. Rather than bringing back the glory years we'd be destroying a legend. We should definitely have some sort of role for him at the club but the manager role isn't it.

Not a good idea.

Good post! Maybe Burley would get this team playing, it’s not just results that have turned people against ph it’s the dross on the pitch. You know as well as me that Burley would have a good go at getting this team playing and I would appreciate that even if it did not work..
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 17:35]

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Spoke to George Burley on 17:34 - Oct 5 with 5206 viewsSuperfrans

Spoke to George Burley on 17:30 - Oct 5 by ITFC_Forever

I can't see it either - what GB wants and what ME will do are likely to be two different things.

But any incoming manager could do alot worse than get Burley involved..... or PH for that matter. But there's no way he'll bin Deputy Doig and PH is too insecure to see someone like Burley as anything other than a threat to his position.

I suspect most managers would view Burley as a threat. And even if not, it can't be easy for any manager having to work with the ghosts of our prestigious past looking over their shoulder - actually having a successful ex-player and manager would be even worse.

Also, I just don't want Burley to sully our memories of him. He was a great manager for us, having been a great player. Lets just leave it at that...

Spoke to George Burley on 17:41 - Oct 5 with 5136 viewsGuthrum

Spoke to George Burley on 17:34 - Oct 5 by Superfrans

I suspect most managers would view Burley as a threat. And even if not, it can't be easy for any manager having to work with the ghosts of our prestigious past looking over their shoulder - actually having a successful ex-player and manager would be even worse.

Also, I just don't want Burley to sully our memories of him. He was a great manager for us, having been a great player. Lets just leave it at that...

But (playing Devil's advocate) what if he now steps in and saves us from near disaster?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Spoke to George Burley on 17:48 - Oct 5 with 5077 viewsBasuco

Sadly without Dale it would not be the same.
Spoke to George Burley on 17:48 - Oct 5 with 5068 viewsIpswich24

Spoke to George Burley on 17:25 - Oct 5 by ITFC_Forever

His grandson goes same school as my daughter..I live round corner from him. Why would I make it up?

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Spoke to George Burley on 18:10 - Oct 5 with 4904 viewsfactual_blue

What's he defiant about?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Spoke to George Burley on 18:13 - Oct 5 with 4893 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Spoke to George Burley on 18:25 - Oct 5 with 4828 viewsBerlinBlue

Spoke to George Burley on 17:33 - Oct 5 by stewartm

Good post! Maybe Burley would get this team playing, it’s not just results that have turned people against ph it’s the dross on the pitch. You know as well as me that Burley would have a good go at getting this team playing and I would appreciate that even if it did not work..
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 17:35]

And PH isn't having a good go at getting this team playing?

If GB were ever to come back and he had a similar start to PH, I reckon the fan reaction would be exactly the same as it has been so far this season, club legend or not.
Spoke to George Burley on 18:26 - Oct 5 with 4835 viewstomo

I had a very brief chat with him after seeing Our Blue Heaven, we were mangerless at the time but he seemed like he was very keen. Personally I’m not sure whether it is a good idea or not.
Spoke to George Burley on 18:53 - Oct 5 with 4664 viewsSwansea_Blue

Spoke to George Burley on 17:25 - Oct 5 by J2BLUE

Not a good idea.

Oh I don't know. We destroyed him once, I'm sure he could take it again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Spoke to George Burley on 18:58 - Oct 5 with 4612 viewsm14_blue

Spoke to George Burley on 17:30 - Oct 5 by ITFC_Forever

"PH is too insecure to see someone like Burley as anything other than a threat to his position."

What on earth is that based on?

PH really isn't doing a very good job but some of the character assassinations seem a bit unnecessary.
Spoke to George Burley on 19:08 - Oct 5 with 4547 viewsMullet

Spoke to George Burley on 18:58 - Oct 5 by m14_blue

"PH is too insecure to see someone like Burley as anything other than a threat to his position."

What on earth is that based on?

PH really isn't doing a very good job but some of the character assassinations seem a bit unnecessary.

I think there's a clear case to highlight PH as being insecure, and it's very uncharitable and pointless given his tenure is likely to be concluded in 24 hours and officially over soon after the way we are going.

It's very frustrating.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Spoke to George Burley on 19:13 - Oct 5 with 4480 viewsm14_blue

Spoke to George Burley on 19:08 - Oct 5 by Mullet

I think there's a clear case to highlight PH as being insecure, and it's very uncharitable and pointless given his tenure is likely to be concluded in 24 hours and officially over soon after the way we are going.

It's very frustrating.

You think he'll go if we lose tomorrow?
Spoke to George Burley on 19:18 - Oct 5 with 4417 viewsMullet

Spoke to George Burley on 19:13 - Oct 5 by m14_blue

You think he'll go if we lose tomorrow?

I assume so. What other alternatives do we have?

If Evans isn't interested in our survival, it'll be a travesty. It seemed obvious after Bolton Hurst had little way back or room for manoeuvre. Since then..... well he's been marching the team to the gulag hasn't he unfortunately.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Spoke to George Burley on 19:23 - Oct 5 with 4372 viewsBloomBlue

You should have told him, thanks but no thanks. We had some great times with him but any Manager who takes a team from 5th to relegation the next season doesn't deserve another chance.
Unfortunately Burley believed his own hype that relegation season and completely lost it.
Spoke to George Burley on 19:31 - Oct 5 with 4321 viewsm14_blue

Spoke to George Burley on 19:18 - Oct 5 by Mullet

I assume so. What other alternatives do we have?

If Evans isn't interested in our survival, it'll be a travesty. It seemed obvious after Bolton Hurst had little way back or room for manoeuvre. Since then..... well he's been marching the team to the gulag hasn't he unfortunately.

It is difficult to see him turning this round, Bolton was the big chance.
Spoke to George Burley on 19:59 - Oct 5 with 4171 viewsWestSussexBlue

Spoke to George Burley on 17:34 - Oct 5 by Superfrans

Leave it at that and watch Town sink to league one with a whimper.
Spoke to George Burley on 20:06 - Oct 5 with 4116 viewsSuperfrans

Spoke to George Burley on 19:59 - Oct 5 by WestSussexBlue

Leave it at that and watch Town sink to league one with a whimper.

I'd rather go down with a whimper with Hurst at the helm, than go down with a whimper with Burley at the helm.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024