Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop Chambers 09:10 - Oct 6 with 613 viewssotd78

Stop playing Chambers out of position just because he’s the best at doing so. Put him at the heart of the defence and build properly around him. If the others aren’t good enough then replace those.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Stop Chambers on 09:16 - Oct 6 with 595 viewsStokieBlue

Where do you think he has been playing?

He was appalling midweek, dreadful. Hopefully he will be back to his best today. Unfortunately passing is never going to be a strong point.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Stop Chambers on 09:19 - Oct 6 with 591 viewsBasuco

I think that Chambo's mis-placed pass has taken attention away from the fact he made many good blocks and tackles, there were several crucial brilliant tackles he put in, in the box and cleanly took the ball. Yes he is playing on the left but he has a good left foot and regularly uses it, the mis-placed pass was with his right foot so can't really blame his position on the pitch. In my opinion he has been a solid consistent performer this season and along with Skuse looks to have benefited from the PH pre-season training. We need to move on from focusing on "that pass" it is not a regular feature of his game.
Stop Chambers on 09:26 - Oct 6 with 574 viewsGuthrum

Stop Chambers on 09:19 - Oct 6 by Basuco

I think that Chambo's mis-placed pass has taken attention away from the fact he made many good blocks and tackles, there were several crucial brilliant tackles he put in, in the box and cleanly took the ball. Yes he is playing on the left but he has a good left foot and regularly uses it, the mis-placed pass was with his right foot so can't really blame his position on the pitch. In my opinion he has been a solid consistent performer this season and along with Skuse looks to have benefited from the PH pre-season training. We need to move on from focusing on "that pass" it is not a regular feature of his game.

It's also being put forward as a "reason" why we lost against Boro, when in reality that was only one of quite a few chances we nearly conceded from (in two cases actually did). It misses the fact that virtually the whole team are misplacing passes all over the pitch - an issue of coordination and cohesion, knowing where each other are and should be.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stop Chambers on 09:38 - Oct 6 with 552 viewsBasuco

Stop Chambers on 09:26 - Oct 6 by Guthrum

It's also being put forward as a "reason" why we lost against Boro, when in reality that was only one of quite a few chances we nearly conceded from (in two cases actually did). It misses the fact that virtually the whole team are misplacing passes all over the pitch - an issue of coordination and cohesion, knowing where each other are and should be.

Agree, that is something I always thought would take time to get right, the fact that Boro were the most organised, coordinated and cohesive side I have seen at PR for quite some time has been missed as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024