Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a bit of a bügger. 12:37 - Oct 6 with 1049 viewsLord_Lucan

Not sure I'd be entirely happy about paying this.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-st-francis-tower-cladding-1-5723972

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This is a bit of a bügger. on 12:43 - Oct 6 with 1002 viewsbrogansnose

Some legal Beagle would probably now better than me but, surely there could be possible recourse to sue the main contractor, those that specified using the cladding, architects, surveyors from mortgage companies ect.
This is a bit of a bügger. on 13:21 - Oct 6 with 906 viewsLord_Lucan

This is a bit of a bügger. on 12:43 - Oct 6 by brogansnose

Some legal Beagle would probably now better than me but, surely there could be possible recourse to sue the main contractor, those that specified using the cladding, architects, surveyors from mortgage companies ect.

You would think so wouldn't you - although from reading what the landlords say it's watertight.

I often wonder why people buy flats as you never really own it do you and you run the risk of it falling into a state of disrepair. It's not as if you can paint the outside of 1016 on floor 10 is it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This is a bit of a bügger. on 13:36 - Oct 6 with 871 viewsJ2BLUE

This is a bit of a bügger. on 13:21 - Oct 6 by Lord_Lucan

You would think so wouldn't you - although from reading what the landlords say it's watertight.

I often wonder why people buy flats as you never really own it do you and you run the risk of it falling into a state of disrepair. It's not as if you can paint the outside of 1016 on floor 10 is it.

I bought a flat. I own one share out of eight in the company that owns the freehold to all eight flats. Last year someone noticed that the leases weren't up to standard. They were originally drawn up 20+ years ago and many have bought and sold since including me. Instead of going back to the original people who did the lease we all had to pay. In the end it cost me about £600.

I was pretty pissed off. I can't imagine how these people feel.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is a bit of a bügger. on 13:47 - Oct 6 with 827 viewsElderGrizzly

Assume the flats met the spec 20 years ago, but now since Grenfell they no longer do. Difficult to go back to the builders as they’ll just point to the approved spec.
This is a bit of a bügger. on 14:19 - Oct 6 with 744 viewsNo9

Four changes for todays K.O.
Wonder how many will be made at half time?
Not fielding a side long enough to get settled in isn't heping matters.

On a brighter note Dozz in to start should help althougb Swansea don't give much away at the back
This is a bit of a bügger. on 14:21 - Oct 6 with 732 viewsNo9

Depends entirely on when the building was put up & what the building reg's were at the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024