Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... 08:27 - Oct 7 with 9504 viewshoppy

Has anyone sampled the one celebrating these two Ipswich Town greats yet, to get a review?

[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 8:27]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 18:15 - Oct 21 with 425 viewsDBaldy

So I'm just finishing off a Golden Goal which I had with a curry.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm almost exclusively a craft IPA / pale ale drinker and pretty much only have lager with a curry.

Having said that it's pretty decent, much better than your bog standard Fosters, Carlsberg, Stella etc and has a lot more flavour than any of those. Not a lot of carbonation, if that matters to anyone, but I guess on the plus side that means it's less gassy.

To be completely honest I've had better craft lagers, but only from the likes of Cloudwater or Northern Monk, but I've certainly had much worse lagers too so if you're a lager drinker then you should definitely give it a try.
I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 19:39 - Oct 21 with 400 viewsTIB

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 18:15 - Oct 21 by DBaldy

So I'm just finishing off a Golden Goal which I had with a curry.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm almost exclusively a craft IPA / pale ale drinker and pretty much only have lager with a curry.

Having said that it's pretty decent, much better than your bog standard Fosters, Carlsberg, Stella etc and has a lot more flavour than any of those. Not a lot of carbonation, if that matters to anyone, but I guess on the plus side that means it's less gassy.

To be completely honest I've had better craft lagers, but only from the likes of Cloudwater or Northern Monk, but I've certainly had much worse lagers too so if you're a lager drinker then you should definitely give it a try.

Cheers for that and glad you enjoyed it. I always wanted a lager in the starting lineup but something that could sit between the seriously “craft” lagers like you mention and the likes of Carling, Fosters etc and I feel it does that well with those new to and seasoned in craft beer able to enjoy it.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024