Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just think - QPR match 17:18 - Oct 7 with 3001 viewsBobbychase

If all our season ticket holders took advantage of the 4 tickets they can buy for a tenner we wouldn't have enough space in the ground.

I might do my usual buy four and give them away to fans who need some persuading to go to Portman Road these days. Just don't tell my wife as she will slit my throat.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Just think - QPR match on 17:32 - Oct 7 with 2955 viewsDyland

I remember a similar promotion from a few years ago when a load of people sitting around me moaned and jeered the whole way through. I think we won, to boot. They presumably hadn't watched Town regularly for... er...ever maybe. Or any other live football on a consistent basis.

I'm not against these promotions obviously. I do the same as you. Usually the people I bring (family often) are precisely the folk I describe above :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Just think - QPR match on 17:40 - Oct 7 with 2931 viewsBobbychase

Just think - QPR match on 17:32 - Oct 7 by Dyland

I remember a similar promotion from a few years ago when a load of people sitting around me moaned and jeered the whole way through. I think we won, to boot. They presumably hadn't watched Town regularly for... er...ever maybe. Or any other live football on a consistent basis.

I'm not against these promotions obviously. I do the same as you. Usually the people I bring (family often) are precisely the folk I describe above :)

Would be nice to think, given that we have to capitalise on our win yesterday, that the place would be rocking as it was with Norwich. Doubt it will.

When they had a similar promotion v Bristol City two seasons back a friend and I went a bit crazy and bought ten tickets each and gave them away to people we knew who had lapsed. In our naive minds we thought lots of people would do the same and it would be a bumper crowd but I think it just scraped over 20,000.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Just think - QPR match on 06:31 - Oct 8 with 2656 viewsColchesterBlue1985

The problem is for some number of years now you literally can’t give the tickets away. I’m certain if they said it’s free for next home game we still wouldn’t “sell” out. I think the attendances when we’ve had offers before have been rubbish as some have alluded too. The truth is we are well past where the whole matchday experience has become stale and a non entity in many “town fans” lives.

My dad has hospitality At the club, it started in the premiership and it was only 6/8 seats I can’t remember but literally every home game you had double the number available want tickets, since we got relegated the steady decline meant he literally couldn’t give tickets away to customers/friends/employees/family nothing.
Just think - QPR match on 06:40 - Oct 8 with 2650 viewsBenters2

Just think - QPR match on 17:40 - Oct 7 by Bobbychase

Would be nice to think, given that we have to capitalise on our win yesterday, that the place would be rocking as it was with Norwich. Doubt it will.

When they had a similar promotion v Bristol City two seasons back a friend and I went a bit crazy and bought ten tickets each and gave them away to people we knew who had lapsed. In our naive minds we thought lots of people would do the same and it would be a bumper crowd but I think it just scraped over 20,000.

I doubt it will be anything like the Norwich game.

It should bring a few more thousand fans in though.
Just think - QPR match on 09:33 - Oct 8 with 2534 viewsNazemariner

I'm taking the wife. This will probably result in me slitting my own throat.
Just think - QPR match on 06:17 - Oct 9 with 2392 viewsCurrie10

Just think - QPR match on 17:40 - Oct 7 by Bobbychase

Some kind fellow sorted me one for free for the Bristol City game ( 2-2 wasn't it ) so I went from the South West and attended.
Just think - QPR match on 06:58 - Oct 9 with 2366 viewschristiand

Should be more promotions like this during the season not just occasional one offs.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Just think - QPR match on 08:13 - Oct 9 with 2336 viewsCurrie10

Just think - QPR match on 06:58 - Oct 9 by christiand

Should be more promotions like this during the season not just occasional one offs.

I think clubs are allowed four promo games per season?
Login to get fewer ads

Just think - QPR match on 09:16 - Oct 9 with 2287 viewsHerbivore

There's usually a few every season, which seems reasonable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just think - QPR match on 10:20 - Oct 9 with 2220 viewsPhilTWTD

Just think - QPR match on 08:13 - Oct 9 by Currie10

I think clubs are allowed four promo games per season?

I forget the number but you're right that there is a limit they're allowed.
If there were any more.... on 10:33 - Oct 9 with 2204 viewsBloots

....then it would end up being cheaper to be a casual fan than a season ticket holder.

Which really wouldn't help the club.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Just think - QPR match on 11:01 - Oct 9 with 2170 viewsartsbossbeard

People seemed to be ok getting Norwich tickets without any hassle, so I'm not going to be buying freebies for others.

Don't see why the emphasis should be on myself and other season ticket holders when it comes to getting new blood in, it's not our committal to the cause that's in question.

FYI, 8x cheap tickets are available c/o myself and junior - PM if you'd like to take advantage.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024