Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2018/19 Season: Reasons to be cheerful - Part 1 18:12 - Oct 7 with 1226 viewscaught-in-limbo

There are plenty of reasons why we should be a team low on confidence and any of the following could have seen us throw in the towel:

Losing our unbeaten home run (DDDD), and run of three unbeaten (DDd) the week before.
Playing against a recently relegated premier league team whose previous home fixture was a 3:0 win
Going one nil down with an own goal in the first 10 minutes.
Losing a half-time lead on consecutive weekends to a wonder goal scored by former town player.

But we didn't throw in the towel - we pressed and won it.

Yes, we had the rub of the green by the looks of the highlights, but after the bad luck we've had this season we were due a bit of good fortune. Fortune favours the brave, and we didn't give in.

That suggests a team with a lot more mettle than some of us have been giving them credit for.

Well down Town
Well down travelling fans.
Well done Paul Hurst.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

2018/19 Season: Reasons to be cheerful - Part 1 on 19:15 - Oct 7 with 1145 viewsGuthrum

I must say, having now watched the FLS highlights, that I don't think they give a particularly accurate representation of the game. Too much concentration on Swansea chances and almost no coverage of our own efforts other than those which actually resulted in goals. Makes the match (in reality, after the opening minutes, a pretty exciting end-to-end affair with both teams trading attacks) look a lot more one-sided than it felt at the time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

2018/19 Season: Reasons to be cheerful - Part 1 on 19:51 - Oct 7 with 1112 viewsEdwardStone

It was an end-to-end thrilla

If I had been a neutral fan, it would have made me fall in love with football as a spectator sport.

But I was there as a partisan fan, so the result was a gift from above

It was a thrilla with a spectacular result

I loved the desire. I loved the fact that our heads didn't drop.I loved the 3 points. I particularly loved the Abbot Ale in the Weatherspoons pub

COYB
2018/19 Season: Reasons to be cheerful - Part 1 on 22:20 - Oct 7 with 1006 viewsGarv

2018/19 Season: Reasons to be cheerful - Part 1 on 19:15 - Oct 7 by Guthrum

I must say, having now watched the FLS highlights, that I don't think they give a particularly accurate representation of the game. Too much concentration on Swansea chances and almost no coverage of our own efforts other than those which actually resulted in goals. Makes the match (in reality, after the opening minutes, a pretty exciting end-to-end affair with both teams trading attacks) look a lot more one-sided than it felt at the time.

Yes. My dad who didn't go seemed to think we'd been hammered and to be fair apparently the stats suggest as much. But I reassured him that was far from the truth.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024