Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London marathon ballot results 13:32 - Oct 9 with 4054 viewsTractorWood

I'm in after maybe 2/3 previous rejections. Anyone else get the nod or rejected?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

London marathon ballot results on 13:43 - Oct 9 with 4027 viewsElephantintheRoom

Good luck if you don't know the difference between 2 and 3.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

London marathon ballot results on 14:21 - Oct 9 with 3987 viewsFtnfwest

Didn't bother, tried 8 times and never got in. Bloke i know tried once, got in, then injured his ankle 4 weeks beforehand and ended up walking it and never bothered again. I always get mildly annoyed when watching it and an 85 year old couple come on and say how they've run it 19 times in a row which is amazing but......i only want to do it once!...
London marathon ballot results on 14:25 - Oct 9 with 3981 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

In at about the tenth time of asking, probably the one year I really don’t want to do it!

Standard

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

London marathon ballot results on 14:33 - Oct 9 with 3971 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I got a few emails from charities last week wishing me luck in the ballot.. I didn't think much of it at first, but then realised I'd entered the ballot and completely forgot about it.. In the meantime I've also over indulged and let myself go a bit

Not heard anything yet, but been for a run today and yesterday to give myself a head start in case I do get in.

Not sure what response I'd prefer as I doubt I'll be in any state to have a go at something resembling a respectable time.. Pretty sure everyone should be informed one way or another by next Monday right?
London marathon ballot results on 14:46 - Oct 9 with 3950 viewsTractorWood

London marathon ballot results on 14:33 - Oct 9 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I got a few emails from charities last week wishing me luck in the ballot.. I didn't think much of it at first, but then realised I'd entered the ballot and completely forgot about it.. In the meantime I've also over indulged and let myself go a bit

Not heard anything yet, but been for a run today and yesterday to give myself a head start in case I do get in.

Not sure what response I'd prefer as I doubt I'll be in any state to have a go at something resembling a respectable time.. Pretty sure everyone should be informed one way or another by next Monday right?

You can check here, Sir:

https://hub.realbuzzregistrations.com/event/realbuzz-registrations/vmlm-2019-uk-

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

London marathon ballot results on 14:46 - Oct 9 with 3950 viewsBluefish

Rejected again. I have been rejected every year since 2009

Bloody good job this year though I am still learning to walk again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

London marathon ballot results on 14:52 - Oct 9 with 3942 viewsGlebeTractor

Enjoy, it's great fun.
I'd recommend getting a bed at YHA Thameside, if you don't mind sharing a room with some other runners. Cost me about £18 for a night in London, only a short train ride to the start line. Also, it's right on the route, breakfast was really good also.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2018 14:52]

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

London marathon ballot results on 15:16 - Oct 9 with 3919 viewsEJP

Rejected for 10th year on the trot.
Did run it for a charity this year, but can’t face the £2k fundraising again - you can only ask people so many times..:
Login to get fewer ads

London marathon ballot results on 15:20 - Oct 9 with 3908 viewsSaleAway

For those of you getting rejected - look at some of the other great marathons in the UK.. Manchester is fabulous... good crowds, flat course. Or you could go the other way, and try the Snowdonia marathon.

There's loads about - it really isn't just about London

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

London marathon ballot results on 15:59 - Oct 9 with 3863 viewsEJP

London marathon ballot results on 15:20 - Oct 9 by SaleAway

For those of you getting rejected - look at some of the other great marathons in the UK.. Manchester is fabulous... good crowds, flat course. Or you could go the other way, and try the Snowdonia marathon.

Totally this!

I’ve done Brighton twice but that’s starting to go the way of London and become very corporate.
I didn’t realise until I ran it just how little of “London” the Marathon course actually covers!
London marathon ballot results on 16:16 - Oct 9 with 3844 viewsGlebeTractor

Hull marathon, begun last year. REALLY good, includes a very windy humber bridge.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

London marathon ballot results on 17:45 - Oct 9 with 3789 viewsWD19

It was a no for me.
London marathon ballot results on 18:31 - Oct 9 with 3769 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rejected for the second year running.

Tbh I’m not bothered this year at not being in as uni life would heavily get in the way I think.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

London marathon ballot results on 19:25 - Oct 9 with 3725 viewsReuser_is_God

London marathon ballot results on 18:31 - Oct 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Rejected for the second year running.

Tbh I’m not bothered this year at not being in as uni life would heavily get in the way I think.

Have you killed any housemates with your cooking yet?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

London marathon ballot results on 19:40 - Oct 9 with 3707 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

London marathon ballot results on 19:25 - Oct 9 by Reuser_is_God

Have you killed any housemates with your cooking yet?

Not yet.

Plenty of time yet though.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

London marathon ballot results on 22:44 - Oct 9 with 3630 viewssohamblue74

Totally agree.
I ran Manchester and Edinburgh this year. Both were great.
Am running Brighton next April.
Did London 2 years ago for a charity.
Was a great experience, but preferred the other two tbh, especially Edinburgh.
Good luck with the training to all those who got in via the ballot for London.
London marathon ballot results on 06:00 - Oct 10 with 3561 viewsTMWWNGAS

No for me.. I have a charity place with Macmillan though.
Entered 13 ballots now with zero success. I have previously done 3 London's for charities but do love the atmosphere.
Brighton just seems so expensive so ruled that out.. although will probably do it at some point.
Good luck!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024