Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
22 years ago today... 18:11 - Oct 9 with 2353 viewsgood_at_COD

One of the all-time great terrace chants was born

‘One team in Tallinn, there’s only one team in Tallinn’

Giggsy

22 years ago today... on 18:19 - Oct 9 with 2288 viewsKeno

up there with There’s only two Andy Gorams

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

22 years ago today... on 19:03 - Oct 9 with 2149 viewsBlueBadger

Only the Jocks could play a match with one team and still fail to score.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

22 years ago today... on 19:22 - Oct 9 with 2107 viewsEdwardF

As a pithy observation on geo-political machinations in the early 1980's, surely this chant sung by the Ipswich North Stand, stands the test of moral scrutiny:

''He shot and c** all over Tina's b**, In the car, in the car. He shot and c** all over Tina's b**, In the car''

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

22 years ago today... on 19:30 - Oct 9 with 2061 viewscolonel

22 years ago today... on 19:22 - Oct 9 by EdwardF

As a pithy observation on geo-political machinations in the early 1980's, surely this chant sung by the Ipswich North Stand, stands the test of moral scrutiny:

''He shot and c** all over Tina's b**, In the car, in the car. He shot and c** all over Tina's b**, In the car''

That really got to Shilton that day and affected him on the pitch, whereas when Grobbelaar got severe stick from the NS he just turned around laughing & dancing giving the Wkr sign back. Hilarious & the NS applauded him.
22 years ago today... on 19:58 - Oct 9 with 1943 viewsbraveblue

22 years ago today... on 19:03 - Oct 9 by BlueBadger

Only the Jocks could play a match with one team and still fail to score.

We got a clean sheet though!!
22 years ago today... on 20:03 - Oct 9 with 1938 viewsgtsb

22 years ago today... on 19:22 - Oct 9 by EdwardF

I was there that day and remember it well. That chant was quickly followed by
"Who got caught with his trousers down,Shilton, Shilton,
Who got caught with his trousers down, Shilton is his name"..and you know the rest. Happy days.
22 years ago today... on 20:32 - Oct 9 with 1836 viewsBluedanW

22 years ago today... on 19:30 - Oct 9 by colonel

That really got to Shilton that day and affected him on the pitch, whereas when Grobbelaar got severe stick from the NS he just turned around laughing & dancing giving the Wkr sign back. Hilarious & the NS applauded him.

Was that the day when Grobbelar took his cap off and ran along the whole north stand? When we were singing let's all have a whip round or something of that ilk after he had been done for match fixing. If I remember rightly he had a mare, miskicked the ball to Mathie or Marshall and they scored. We won by about 5 against Southampton.
22 years ago today... on 20:38 - Oct 9 with 1812 viewsBluedanW

22 years ago today... on 20:32 - Oct 9 by BluedanW

Was that the day when Grobbelar took his cap off and ran along the whole north stand? When we were singing let's all have a whip round or something of that ilk after he had been done for match fixing. If I remember rightly he had a mare, miskicked the ball to Mathie or Marshall and they scored. We won by about 5 against Southampton.

Just looked up scores, think we won 2-1. I like to exaggerate lol
Login to get fewer ads

22 years ago today... on 20:44 - Oct 9 with 1802 viewsBluespeed225

22 years ago today... on 20:32 - Oct 9 by BluedanW

He took a photographers stool when he came to the NS end for 2nd half, sat on it on his goal line and yawned, as he'd had a quiet first half. Then he had a mare! TWTD!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024