Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Mental Health Day 12:50 - Oct 10 with 1430 viewsThrobbe

Surprised not to see it on here already as while there is plenty of rough and tumble TWTD is usually a safe space* to talk about mental health issues.

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/campaigns/world-mental-health-day

My brain decided to celebrate the occasion by gifting me a b**tard of a panic attack this morning. I was pretty much too scared to drive to work (I have PTSD type issues from a fatal** road accident a few years back), and having eventually calmed down enough to drive I still kept uncontrollably crying during the drive and for the first half hour at work.

I'm lucky enough to be able to afford private counselling, so I have a fairly good handle on why this is happening and what I can do about it, but many others are not so lucky.

If you're affected by mental health issues, today or any other, I wish you well, I hope you have somewhere you can talk about it, and try to remember, It's OK to not be OK.

* - I'm not a fan of the term myself, but it annoys all the right people, so sod it.

** - not for me, obviously, but not a fun experience as a witness either.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

World Mental Health Day on 13:09 - Oct 10 with 1382 viewsJeanManuelThetis

Thanks for posting. The more open we are about mental health and the more normalise it to the same level as other normal medical things, the better prepared we will be for ourselves and those around us.
World Mental Health Day on 13:11 - Oct 10 with 1377 viewsSwailsey

x

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

World Mental Health Day on 13:32 - Oct 10 with 1346 viewsgiant_stow

Sounds horrible - both the panic attack and cause. All the best to you mr/mrs.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

World Mental Health Day on 13:34 - Oct 10 with 1339 viewsgiant_stow

World Mental Health Day on 13:09 - Oct 10 by JeanManuelThetis

Thanks for posting. The more open we are about mental health and the more normalise it to the same level as other normal medical things, the better prepared we will be for ourselves and those around us.

The older I get, the more I realise that most people at least have some small quirk to deal with. Not sure there's such a thing as someone with 'normal' mental health.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

World Mental Health Day on 13:36 - Oct 10 with 1334 viewsfooters

World Mental Health Day on 13:34 - Oct 10 by giant_stow

The older I get, the more I realise that most people at least have some small quirk to deal with. Not sure there's such a thing as someone with 'normal' mental health.

Some people even sink so low as to support Norwich City.

But seriously, great post and topic we should all be mindful of. The days of 'man up and get over it' are hopefully long gone and we can now all feel free to share our experiences and how we're feeling.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

World Mental Health Day on 13:59 - Oct 10 with 1287 viewsgiant_stow

World Mental Health Day on 13:36 - Oct 10 by footers

Some people even sink so low as to support Norwich City.

But seriously, great post and topic we should all be mindful of. The days of 'man up and get over it' are hopefully long gone and we can now all feel free to share our experiences and how we're feeling.

This is why I'm keen for my little one to support Arsenal! Happier times.

World Mental Health Day on 14:08 - Oct 10 with 1281 viewslukey130490

Great post mate, and sorry to hear what you're going through and the circumstances surrounding it.
This time last year i was in a dark place and didn't even realise it, until some life events led to me reassessing my life.
With the help of Mind, Norfolk and Suffolk Wellbeing, and support from friends and family (which i didn't really deserve), I have come out of the other side and am in a much better place.
If anyone needs to chat, feel free to send a DM
World Mental Health Day on 14:38 - Oct 10 with 1245 viewsNo9

having seen mental illness at close quarters I can understand your plight
Thanks for sharing it with us.
My hope is that with so many high profile names coming forward telling their own cases that it will start to get the attention it needs & that will lead to some seroius actions.
Good luck
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024