Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... 17:31 - Oct 10 with 12010 viewsFrankfurtBlue

he doesn't! Not since 2014 has he put in £3m+ in one season.

I read on here, and know fans, who really believe that he puts in £5m+ each and every season. That is a myth, prepetuated over the last few years by Milne and McCarthy, and the blind leading the blind.

Don't get me wrong, he injected considerable amounts into the club earlier in his tenure, and he is still funding the club each season: 2017, £2.9m; 2016, £250k; 2015, £230k; 2014, £3.8m, with the level of funding dependent on the extent of other revenues, most importantly net income from player transfers. However, the undisclosed sixth point of his 5 point plan, must read something like "put as little cash as possible into the club".

I suspect that part of the thinking behind the Hurst appointment and bringing in predominantly lower league players rather than experienced Championship players is the cost of wages etc. Our wage bill is already one of the lowest in the Championship, but it is probably even lower now. Also, from a business point of view, bringing in cheap "potential " is far more likely to return a profit on future transfers than established Championship players: think Cresswell, Mings and Webster v Leadbitter, Berra and Bullard.

I digress. Point is, don't be fooled by the statement that ME is putting in significant amounts. It really would not surprise me, if he has got the club near to break even, with the transfer dealings this Summer and the resulting lower wage bill, but that is speculation on my part.

Anyway, don't take my word for it. Take a look for yourself at ITFC's accounts, or the cashflow spreadsheet derived from them by SwissRamble:
Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:35 - Oct 10 with 6203 viewsfooters

Since you've scrutinised the figures rigorously in order to come to this assessment, maybe you could post your findings in pounds, shillings and pence for us all here?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:39 - Oct 10 with 6161 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:35 - Oct 10 by footers

Since you've scrutinised the figures rigorously in order to come to this assessment, maybe you could post your findings in pounds, shillings and pence for us all here?

I thought that was what I did. What do you want to know exactly?
Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:40 - Oct 10 with 6148 viewschicoazul

In other news, water confirmed as "wet".

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:44 - Oct 10 with 6138 viewsfooters

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:39 - Oct 10 by FrankfurtBlue

I thought that was what I did. What do you want to know exactly?

Total expenditure and total income for each year Evans has been at the club. And the shortfall in each of those years which has amounted to him owing £90m to the club as a write-off.

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:52 - Oct 10 with 6076 viewsBlueBadger

You're obviously failing to notice that this chart is already taking the amount tax he avoids through putting money into ITFC...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:54 - Oct 10 with 6090 viewstabletopjoe

Good research, and hopefully this will shut up the miserable Evans apologists who come out with this rubbish whenever anyone points out his ten years of destruction

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:57 - Oct 10 with 6069 viewsReusersTown

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:52 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

You're obviously failing to notice that this chart is already taking the amount tax he avoids through putting money into ITFC...

What he does is cover whatever it costs to keep us going and sustainable. For that I am grateful! People thinking it's tough and we're hamstrung currently, imagine the situation without his backing!.
Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:58 - Oct 10 with 6065 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:44 - Oct 10 by footers

Total expenditure and total income for each year Evans has been at the club. And the shortfall in each of those years which has amounted to him owing £90m to the club as a write-off.

If you understood the difference between cashflow statements and P&Ls, you really wouldn't ask such a question. Read the accounts yourself, if that is your interest.

My point was to convey to those who don't already know, how much CASH Evans has put into ITFC over the last few seasons.
Login to get fewer ads

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 18:01 - Oct 10 with 6039 viewsBlueBadger

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:54 - Oct 10 by tabletopjoe

Good research, and hopefully this will shut up the miserable Evans apologists who come out with this rubbish whenever anyone points out his ten years of destruction

Without him offsetting our losses, regardless of what they are, we'd have been consigned to lower-league(or worse) oblivion years ago.
Whilst you can certainly take issue with numerous decisions taken over the last decade, that's a big plus in his favour.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 18:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 18:05 - Oct 10 with 6025 viewsbluejacko

And you and others getting all outraged will solve what?
Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 18:09 - Oct 10 with 6004 viewsfooters

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:58 - Oct 10 by FrankfurtBlue

If you understood the difference between cashflow statements and P&Ls, you really wouldn't ask such a question. Read the accounts yourself, if that is your interest.

My point was to convey to those who don't already know, how much CASH Evans has put into ITFC over the last few seasons.

So how does he owe £90m to the club?

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 18:19 - Oct 10 with 5961 viewsRegencyBlue

We were a business gamble which didn’t pay off for Evans. I think he really thought he could make money out of a football club but since he realised that wasn’t going to happen he really hasn’t had a clue what to do with us other than to drip feed just enough cash to keep us going but nothing more.

What’s the end game now is my question? He supposedly would be prepared to sell but is he asking too much? He seems prepared to continue putting in some money, albeit I don’t think it’s anything like the amount some claim, but what’s the point from his point of view?
Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 18:35 - Oct 10 with 5892 viewsMullet

Are the "Marcus Evans loans" the only source of income direct from Evans or are they the top ups after a flat down payment?

I can barely count, so you need to do numbers slowly and with pictures for dunces like me.

Was the £6m a year ever recognised as more than an average income? I'm not his biggest fan or critic, my issues are more football related because without him we'd have been done a decade ago. However, I'm not sure if not criticising that, is tantamount to approval or gratitude is it?

We're back in Mick In/Out territory depressingly enough with mindsets like that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 18:42 - Oct 10 with 5860 viewssparks

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 18:35 - Oct 10 by Mullet

Are the "Marcus Evans loans" the only source of income direct from Evans or are they the top ups after a flat down payment?

I can barely count, so you need to do numbers slowly and with pictures for dunces like me.

Was the £6m a year ever recognised as more than an average income? I'm not his biggest fan or critic, my issues are more football related because without him we'd have been done a decade ago. However, I'm not sure if not criticising that, is tantamount to approval or gratitude is it?

We're back in Mick In/Out territory depressingly enough with mindsets like that.

There is no grand conspiracy here.

It is well known and recognised among intelligent and informed people that the level of funding has fallen recently. The net is still the best part of £5m a year on average, on your figures though.

In fact, one should probably knock a little off that to reflect the tax offset so maybe an average of £4m a year, plus the money which bought the club in the first place- including buying off the Norwich Union loan.

So what? £4m a year in funding. Which we wouldnt otherwise have. What's your point caller?

Oh- and I should add that the OP is disingenuous. The fugure bandied about (which was pretty accurate until a year or two ago) was 6m. Not "6-8m". Even in your premise, you were overstaing because you knew the argument didnt really hold up otherwise.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 18:44]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 18:42 - Oct 10 with 5855 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

No fooling anyone. £47.5M over 10 years. Just depends on what your definition of significant is I suppose.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 18:45 - Oct 10 with 5809 viewsIllinoisblue

and your ultimate point is what exactly?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 18:58 - Oct 10 with 5721 viewsjeera

As others have stated, the best part of 5 mill.

Maybe not the revelation you're making out:

Evans stick warranted...... or misguided? by TractorWood 10 Oct 2018 8:42
Here was my take on it when the last accounts were filed:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/425768/update-as-our-accounts-were-filed-last-week/#0

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 19:10 - Oct 10 with 5672 viewsGuthrum

£49m divided by nine seasons equals £5.44m per year. A lot of money flowing out of the Marcus Evans Group to fund Ipswich Town. In only one of those seasons has the club actually broken even through transfer dealings.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 19:49 - Oct 10 with 5516 viewsbraveblue

Well said. Exactly right. The depreciation amount is always ignored..
Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 20:32 - Oct 10 with 5403 viewsGuthrum

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 19:49 - Oct 10 by braveblue

Well said. Exactly right. The depreciation amount is always ignored..

Depreciation is there, second row down on the Swiss Ramble figures.

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 20:44 - Oct 10 with 5375 viewsTractorWood

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 19:10 - Oct 10 by Guthrum

£49m divided by nine seasons equals £5.44m per year. A lot of money flowing out of the Marcus Evans Group to fund Ipswich Town. In only one of those seasons has the club actually broken even through transfer dealings.

This is SwissRamble's cashflow statement. A cashflow statement just reconciles where cash has flowed in and out, the underlying transactions that these cashflows relate may be in the past or future so your breakeven point is not really right. Think of paying for a holiday, you might physically pay Thomas Cook et al the day before, or 3 years before the actual date of the holiday you would recognise in a profit and loss account.

Jeera's elegant nudge towards my financial analysis of the filed accounts is probably worth retracing.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 20:48]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 20:47 - Oct 10 with 5360 viewsGuthrum

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 17:54 - Oct 10 by tabletopjoe

Ten years of destruction? Remind me of this good place we were in before Evans came in, staggering along on the verge of financial collapse, millions owed to Aviva (they of Norwich Union), not that long since having clambered out of administration.

We weren't even that strong on the pitch, finishing 14th the season he arrived and 15th the one before that.

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 21:04 - Oct 10 with 5293 viewstabletopjoe

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 18:01 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

Without him offsetting our losses, regardless of what they are, we'd have been consigned to lower-league(or worse) oblivion years ago.
Whilst you can certainly take issue with numerous decisions taken over the last decade, that's a big plus in his favour.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 18:02]

Anyone who owned the club would have to offset losses. It’s the minimum you can do. The point is that he’s selling players to keep afloat, not putting in 5-6m pounds a year

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 21:07 - Oct 10 with 5283 viewstabletopjoe

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 20:47 - Oct 10 by Guthrum

Ten years of destruction? Remind me of this good place we were in before Evans came in, staggering along on the verge of financial collapse, millions owed to Aviva (they of Norwich Union), not that long since having clambered out of administration.

We weren't even that strong on the pitch, finishing 14th the season he arrived and 15th the one before that.

It was a club that was waiting to get back in the top division, a realistic proposition shared by the fans, with a ground regularly described as ‘premier league quality’. Now all long forgotten, with trajectory firmly downwards towards league 1, and the only talk is of staying up while being favourites for relegation

Evans puts in £6-8m a year? Err NO.... on 21:09 - Oct 10 with 5270 viewsghostofescobar

First thing: I'm a financial nincompoop. Secondly: without him we'd be an additional £49mill in debt. Is that right?

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024