Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Before our win at the weekend... 11:28 - Oct 11 with 13930 viewsCoco

...the club was on the very brink of a colossal implosion. Hurst was to be sacked amidst unprecedented infighting and def info rumours were building amongst the frothing fans. It was building to a certain and dramtic end for the worst, most incompetent manager to ever grace itfc then....

.... nothing. Silence. All is fine. What?

This post has been edited by an administrator

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:37 - Oct 11 with 4041 viewsartsbossbeard

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:34 - Oct 11 by Kieran_Knows

So we're still expecting PH to go sometime soon?

Not sure, this is ME making the decision here.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:39 - Oct 11 with 4038 viewsclive_baker

Before our win at the weekend... on 13:03 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

All that win has done is delay the inevitable of Hursts departure

So it's gone from a done deal, to imminent, to dead man walking, to before the international break, to after the international break, to delaying the inevitable.

Nice work.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:40 - Oct 11 with 4033 viewsNo9

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:37 - Oct 11 by artsbossbeard

Not sure, this is ME making the decision here.

As there is no real obvious 'Town being cut adrift' at the moment I believe the Owner will give PH a few more weeks yet.
Before our win at the weekend... on 14:45 - Oct 11 with 4021 viewsPositivelyPortman

Before our win at the weekend... on 13:54 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

Who knows? But just saying what I’m hearing

Can’t reveal your source on here I presume?
Well, DM me then.
I await your message.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Before our win at the weekend... on 15:49 - Oct 11 with 3966 viewsBurwell_Blue

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:23 - Oct 11 by ITFC_Forever

No it's not.

As others have said, the backroom angst was posted by plenty of posters who don't usually make stuff up - I certainly heard it first-hand from someone in the dressing room.

And no I'm not going reveal my sources, I'm not stupid and I don't want to get that person in to trouble.

I would respectfully disagree.

The players that I know well socially are right behind the manager and all the staff.
Before our win at the weekend... on 17:11 - Oct 11 with 3894 viewsitfcjoe

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:39 - Oct 11 by clive_baker

So it's gone from a done deal, to imminent, to dead man walking, to before the international break, to after the international break, to delaying the inevitable.

Nice work.

I still think he’s a dead man walking

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Before our win at the weekend... on 17:31 - Oct 11 with 3872 viewsNuggets

The honest truth is that nobody on here knows precisely what is going on behind the scenes and what Marcus Evans' thinking is. People may have a contact, or maybe even two, at Portman Road, but even then would that person truly know the ins and outs of the highest levels of the football club? Would they know how long Evans is giving the manager? Tensions were running high within the football club, particularly off the back of a prolonged period without a win and also following a big overhaul of management and backroom staff, following almost six years of relative stability. I'm willing to bet a few people at the club had an axe to grind and a sense of loyalty to the old boss.

I'd take comments about inside knowledge with a lorry load of salt. Particularly as posters are both casting aspersions on Hurst and claiming the atmosphere within the club has never been better, all in the name of 'def info'.

Blog: Disappointing Result, But Can Some of Us Drop the Sense of Entitlement?

Before our win at the weekend... on 17:32 - Oct 11 with 3872 viewsCoco

Before our win at the weekend... on 17:11 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

I still think he’s a dead man walking

“Think”

So the convo with the fella that has for some reason been removed from the OP was not as definitive as was being made out?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Login to get fewer ads

Before our win at the weekend... on 17:38 - Oct 11 with 3864 viewsSaleAway

to be fair - that statement is applicable to every football manager that ever lives.... they all leave eventually.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Before our win at the weekend... on 18:12 - Oct 11 with 3820 viewsitfcjoe

Before our win at the weekend... on 17:32 - Oct 11 by Coco

“Think”

So the convo with the fella that has for some reason been removed from the OP was not as definitive as was being made out?

Sorry, you’ve lost me?

Before our win at the weekend... on 18:16 - Oct 11 with 3811 viewsStadiumofdark

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:39 - Oct 11 by clive_baker

Nice work.

Well, to be fair..... I guess his departure at some stage, is inevitable. It's therefore to be filed under DEF INFO
SO WHAT EXACTLY WAS YOUR SOURCE SAYING? on 19:53 - Oct 11 with 3727 viewsunstableblue

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:29 - Oct 11 by artsbossbeard

Agreed.

My source would be classed as both in the know and reliable.

I have no reason to doubt.

And why are the likes of Burwell Blue and local media wrong?

Surely dressing rooms that have been lost to the manager don’t come back from behind away at Swansea and win 3-2!

Of course I could be completely wrong.

You don’t have to reveal your source - but what exactly is the discord they are referring to?

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

SO WHAT EXACTLY WAS YOUR SOURCE SAYING? on 19:57 - Oct 11 with 3721 viewsPJH

SO WHAT EXACTLY WAS YOUR SOURCE SAYING? on 19:53 - Oct 11 by unstableblue

And why are the likes of Burwell Blue and local media wrong?

Surely dressing rooms that have been lost to the manager don’t come back from behind away at Swansea and win 3-2!

Of course I could be completely wrong.

You don’t have to reveal your source - but what exactly is the discord they are referring to?

Although on the basis of your second paragraph everything must be fine between Mourinho and the Man U players then.
SO WHAT EXACTLY WAS YOUR SOURCE SAYING? on 20:10 - Oct 11 with 3702 viewsunstableblue

SO WHAT EXACTLY WAS YOUR SOURCE SAYING? on 19:57 - Oct 11 by PJH

Although on the basis of your second paragraph everything must be fine between Mourinho and the Man U players then.

I think you raise a good point; sometimes it’s the players trying to prove a point themselves, and not necessarily in support of the manager.

But I should have made my question clearer - what exactly are people suggesting is the discord? That the dressing room think he’s incompetent? Too weak? Out of this depth?

I massively question his weird use of Donaicen! But really support his continued use of Chalobah (most Hurst rumour mongers were anti Chalobah), dropping of Bart and Knudsen

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:11 - Oct 11 with 3703 viewsm14_blue

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:29 - Oct 11 by artsbossbeard

Agreed.

My source would be classed as both in the know and reliable.

I have no reason to doubt.

And yet there was a lot of 'watch this space' nudge, nudge, wink, wink after the Swansea game that seems to have come to nothing as yet.

I don't doubt your source at all but is it possible their views aren't necessarily a reflection of the general mood?

I manage a large group of people and I've no doubt that some like me more than others, some would be quite happy if I left whilst others would be gutted. Those that don't like me would also view any incidents or disagreements in a completely different light to those who do, and probably read far more into relatively innocuous things.

I'm not that bothered about whether PH stays or goes any more, he's not filling me with confidence and all these rumours can't be a good sign.

At the risk of making myself unpopular, I don't think they reflect particularly well on the people doing the leaking either though.
Before our win at the weekend... on 20:19 - Oct 11 with 3681 viewsunstableblue

Jeeze Joe!!

As much as I value your opinion I do hope we can return to this post in a few months when we’re mid table... and mock it.

You’ve definitely nailed your colours to the ‘hurst is sh!t’ mast.

Again what exactly are your contacts saying???? Has he lost the dressing room? Do senior leadership see him as incompetent??

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:30 - Oct 11 with 3665 viewsgiant_stow

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:19 - Oct 11 by unstableblue

Jeeze Joe!!

As much as I value your opinion I do hope we can return to this post in a few months when we’re mid table... and mock it.

Again what exactly are your contacts saying???? Has he lost the dressing room? Do senior leadership see him as incompetent??

With all due apologies for butting in on in-house, nothing-to-do-with-me matters, this is a fascinating moment in twtd forum history.

Some normally moderate, considered and largely liberal-ish* posters have really stuck their necks out on this. Who will be right?! What will the forum reputational consequences be? very exciting!

*in all senses, weirdly

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:39 - Oct 11 with 3649 viewsm14_blue

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:30 - Oct 11 by giant_stow

With all due apologies for butting in on in-house, nothing-to-do-with-me matters, this is a fascinating moment in twtd forum history.

Some normally moderate, considered and largely liberal-ish* posters have really stuck their necks out on this. Who will be right?! What will the forum reputational consequences be? very exciting!

*in all senses, weirdly

Worrying isn't it!

Usually I'd dismiss a lot of the negativity as hysterical entitled modern football fan nonsense but some of the proponents in this case really make me think twice.

We live in interesting times.
Before our win at the weekend... on 20:45 - Oct 11 with 3636 viewsitfcjoe

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:19 - Oct 11 by unstableblue

Jeeze Joe!!

Just because I think something will happen, doesn’t mean I want it to.

I was roaring in my front room when Trev scores that winner on saturday, winning is everything

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:48 - Oct 11 with 3627 viewscaught-in-limbo

Accidental fat finger downvote. Corrected.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

SO WHAT EXACTLY WAS YOUR SOURCE SAYING? on 21:28 - Oct 11 with 3588 viewsPJH

SO WHAT EXACTLY WAS YOUR SOURCE SAYING? on 20:10 - Oct 11 by unstableblue

I think you raise a good point; sometimes it’s the players trying to prove a point themselves, and not necessarily in support of the manager.

But I should have made my question clearer - what exactly are people suggesting is the discord? That the dressing room think he’s incompetent? Too weak? Out of this depth?

I massively question his weird use of Donaicen! But really support his continued use of Chalobah (most Hurst rumour mongers were anti Chalobah), dropping of Bart and Knudsen

I have no idea what the dressing room think of Hurst but of the three alternatives that you mention, if you were asking me what I think, then I think that he is out of his depth.
He is certainly not incompetent, at least not at a lower level, and I think some of the decisions that he has made whether I see them as right or wrong would suggest that he is not weak.
The dropping of Bart was a huge surprise to me but on his performances up to that point was justified.
The treatment of Donacien is weird because he has looked ok when played in what presumably is his correct position of RB.
Chalobah is a very talented player and I thought he looked very good against Mbro.
Before our win at the weekend... on 21:36 - Oct 11 with 3572 viewsLord_Lucan

Absolutely

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Before our win at the weekend... on 21:54 - Oct 11 with 3547 viewsunstableblue

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:45 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

Just because I think something will happen, doesn’t mean I want it to.

I was roaring in my front room when Trev scores that winner on saturday, winning is everything

I actually started beeping my car horn wildly on my own in a DIY superstore car park when Chalobah scored - how we love our beloved blues!!

Before our win at the weekend... on 22:32 - Oct 11 with 3498 views44_not_out

I don’t get the euphoria over one win in 13. It looks like finishing 4th bottom is likely to be seen as a successful season.

We’re poorer than we’ve been in years!

But I suppose I’ll get called negative.
Before our win at the weekend... on 00:07 - Oct 12 with 3435 viewsCoco

Before our win at the weekend... on 18:12 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

Sorry, you’ve lost me?

You spoke with skip and came to the conclusion this is a “f@&! Up”. This clearly suggests that high ranking first team players are telling you such info. Then you say you “think” to back track a little from your original convictions.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024