Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Before our win at the weekend... 11:28 - Oct 11 with 14087 viewsCoco

...the club was on the very brink of a colossal implosion. Hurst was to be sacked amidst unprecedented infighting and def info rumours were building amongst the frothing fans. It was building to a certain and dramtic end for the worst, most incompetent manager to ever grace itfc then....

.... nothing. Silence. All is fine. What?

This post has been edited by an administrator

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Before our win at the weekend... on 00:31 - Oct 12 with 3886 viewsHorseboy

Before our win at the weekend... on 22:32 - Oct 11 by 44_not_out

I don’t get the euphoria over one win in 13. It looks like finishing 4th bottom is likely to be seen as a successful season.

We’re poorer than we’ve been in years!

But I suppose I’ll get called negative.

No, this is more likely than any other result other than relegation.
Before our win at the weekend... on 07:17 - Oct 12 with 3822 viewsitfcjoe

Before our win at the weekend... on 00:07 - Oct 12 by Coco

You spoke with skip and came to the conclusion this is a “f@&! Up”. This clearly suggests that high ranking first team players are telling you such info. Then you say you “think” to back track a little from your original convictions.

You are puttin 2 and 2 together and getting 5 there sorry, I did speak to Chambers very briefly after a game and whilst I won’t go into detail I was shocked at what was said.

I speak to plenty of other people and this is why I am where I am.

I don’t want to be tarnished as someone who ‘wants’ Hurst out. I’d much prefer him to succeed, and the longer he stays in the job then things must presumably be changing on and off the pitch.

But, as I said, I think his time here is done, and it’s merely a case of sorting out a replacement

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Before our win at the weekend... on 07:42 - Oct 12 with 3794 viewsKeaneish

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:17 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

I just think if he was going it would have happened already. No logic in keeping him on any longer if the decision has been made.

Agreed. If Hurst was to be sacked, it would have been prior to the International break regardless of the Swansea result.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Before our win at the weekend... on 07:55 - Oct 12 with 3784 viewstextbackup

Before our win at the weekend... on 07:17 - Oct 12 by itfcjoe

You are puttin 2 and 2 together and getting 5 there sorry, I did speak to Chambers very briefly after a game and whilst I won’t go into detail I was shocked at what was said.

I don’t want to be tarnished as someone who ‘wants’ Hurst out. I’d much prefer him to succeed, and the longer he stays in the job then things must presumably be changing on and off the pitch.

But, as I said, I think his time here is done, and it’s merely a case of sorting out a replacement

my honest opinion on all this, is that a few old boys in the club have got the hump that they didn't get an interview and are happy to try and upset the apple cart by talking sht in the posh seats.
theres a pretty decent link between a certain old boy and academy coaching team member, so not hard to see how these "rumours" are spread.
to be fair a few times you mentioned to me that MM was a dead man walking, and Evans was to get rid, but it didn't materialise (well it did in the end, but not anywhere near the timescales we we were talking)

you've definitely talked more about PH going than hoping he becomes a success here if im truthful mate. which is strange considering you were very pro MM for so long even though it became unbearable.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Before our win at the weekend... on 08:06 - Oct 12 with 3769 viewsKeaneish

Why won't you go into any detail? This is important...
What issues did he broadly allude to if you feel it's disrespectful to repeat it word for word?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Before our win at the weekend... on 08:11 - Oct 12 with 3765 viewsitfcjoe

Before our win at the weekend... on 07:55 - Oct 12 by textbackup

my honest opinion on all this, is that a few old boys in the club have got the hump that they didn't get an interview and are happy to try and upset the apple cart by talking sht in the posh seats.
theres a pretty decent link between a certain old boy and academy coaching team member, so not hard to see how these "rumours" are spread.
to be fair a few times you mentioned to me that MM was a dead man walking, and Evans was to get rid, but it didn't materialise (well it did in the end, but not anywhere near the timescales we we were talking)

you've definitely talked more about PH going than hoping he becomes a success here if im truthful mate. which is strange considering you were very pro MM for so long even though it became unbearable.

I don’t know who you are talking about with regards to the links, altyits probably obvious! Would rather discuss over a beer as things get misread on here at times. I’ve heard enough from enough different people to be concerned.

Again though, talking about him going doesn’t mean I want him to go, I’d much rather him be a success here - I think some people think I care about being right as opposed to ITFC success. Like Mick last year, you’d rather be wrong surely?

Before our win at the weekend... on 08:31 - Oct 12 with 3729 viewsKieran_Knows

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:37 - Oct 11 by artsbossbeard

Not sure, this is ME making the decision here.

See, this is what I don't get quite get. I'm not necessarily aiming this just at you, but (and as already pointed out) Hurst has gone from 'definitely going before the Swansea game' to 'regardless of the result at Swansea he'll be gone by Monday' to now 'this is ME making the decision'. Seems to be a lot of retracting going on?

I don't doubt yours, LL's or Joe's 'def info' as such, as I know you've all been correct on things in the past, but this does seem to have gone the rounds a little bit, don't you think? If the off the field issues were enough alone for Hurst to go, then surely, what with our poor start to the season it would've been an easy decision for ME to relieve Hurst and Doig of their duties?

FWIW, I do believe there is probably some unrest and anger behind the scenes. New manager plus his staff, raft of new signings, our best player/most consistent player of these past few seasons being dropped, youngsters who should be here going out on loan, plus a poor start to the season, I imagine that would lead to a few arguments behind the scenes. But to the point they would be enough to see the manager sacked? I'm not so sure myself.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Before our win at the weekend... on 08:45 - Oct 12 with 3695 viewsartsbossbeard

Before our win at the weekend... on 08:31 - Oct 12 by Kieran_Knows

See, this is what I don't get quite get. I'm not necessarily aiming this just at you, but (and as already pointed out) Hurst has gone from 'definitely going before the Swansea game' to 'regardless of the result at Swansea he'll be gone by Monday' to now 'this is ME making the decision'. Seems to be a lot of retracting going on?

I don't doubt yours, LL's or Joe's 'def info' as such, as I know you've all been correct on things in the past, but this does seem to have gone the rounds a little bit, don't you think? If the off the field issues were enough alone for Hurst to go, then surely, what with our poor start to the season it would've been an easy decision for ME to relieve Hurst and Doig of their duties?

FWIW, I do believe there is probably some unrest and anger behind the scenes. New manager plus his staff, raft of new signings, our best player/most consistent player of these past few seasons being dropped, youngsters who should be here going out on loan, plus a poor start to the season, I imagine that would lead to a few arguments behind the scenes. But to the point they would be enough to see the manager sacked? I'm not so sure myself.

Whilst I've reported on here what I've heard about unrest behind the scenes, I don't think I've ever said that a source has told me he's about to get sacked.

That's more a personal thing as I don't think he's up to the task but hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Before our win at the weekend... on 08:51 - Oct 12 with 3670 viewsMoriarty

Before our win at the weekend... on 07:55 - Oct 12 by textbackup

That’s an extraordinary accusation against GB/TB.

fka omuircheartaigh

Before our win at the weekend... on 08:01 - Oct 13 with 3507 viewsBackToRussia

Before our win at the weekend... on 08:51 - Oct 12 by Moriarty

That’s an extraordinary accusation against GB/TB.

Not really considering he didn't mention them.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:52 - Oct 13 with 3427 viewsMoriarty

Before our win at the weekend... on 08:01 - Oct 13 by BackToRussia

Not really considering he didn't mention them.

I doubt any reasonable person could or would infer he was referring to anyone else.

fka omuircheartaigh

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:58 - Oct 13 with 3423 viewsBackToRussia

Before our win at the weekend... on 14:52 - Oct 13 by Moriarty

I doubt any reasonable person could or would infer he was referring to anyone else.

It's hardly revelatory to suggest someone might be narked off for not getting a job they publicly stated they wanted.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Before our win at the weekend... on 15:08 - Oct 13 with 3419 viewsbournemouthblue

It is somewhere in between, performances need to increase considerably if he is to remain at the helm for any length of time

Let's hope this is the start of him beginning to find his feet though

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Before our win at the weekend... on 16:00 - Oct 13 with 3393 viewsRyorry

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:11 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

And yet there was a lot of 'watch this space' nudge, nudge, wink, wink after the Swansea game that seems to have come to nothing as yet.

I don't doubt your source at all but is it possible their views aren't necessarily a reflection of the general mood?

I manage a large group of people and I've no doubt that some like me more than others, some would be quite happy if I left whilst others would be gutted. Those that don't like me would also view any incidents or disagreements in a completely different light to those who do, and probably read far more into relatively innocuous things.

I'm not that bothered about whether PH stays or goes any more, he's not filling me with confidence and all these rumours can't be a good sign.

At the risk of making myself unpopular, I don't think they reflect particularly well on the people doing the leaking either though.

That's mostly spot on for me (disagree only re your 4th para.).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Before our win at the weekend... on 17:21 - Oct 13 with 3348 viewssundaze

This is certainly not just another mundane season at ITFC. There is so much uncertainty with regards to our results, keeping our place in the Championship and it seems, finding out who our new manager will be.

Joe, both you and Lucan are posters I have a lot of respect for, so I am intrigued that you are both still very convinced that Hurst is on borrowed time, it would be a complete change of tack from Evans and I assume he would then go back to wanting an experienced manager at the helm.
It would cost him big time, compensation package for Hurst and his crew, a bigger wage for an incoming experienced manager and his coaching staff and having to make money available in January for signings that new manager would demand.
For you to still be convinced that Hurst will have to go, means you have info of serious misdoings, if this is the case, why is he still here? There are plenty of managers looking for work, I can't believe Evans is waiting for Mourinho to be sacked.
Before our win at the weekend... on 20:21 - Oct 13 with 3280 viewsitfcjoe

Before our win at the weekend... on 17:21 - Oct 13 by sundaze

This is certainly not just another mundane season at ITFC. There is so much uncertainty with regards to our results, keeping our place in the Championship and it seems, finding out who our new manager will be.

Joe, both you and Lucan are posters I have a lot of respect for, so I am intrigued that you are both still very convinced that Hurst is on borrowed time, it would be a complete change of tack from Evans and I assume he would then go back to wanting an experienced manager at the helm.
It would cost him big time, compensation package for Hurst and his crew, a bigger wage for an incoming experienced manager and his coaching staff and having to make money available in January for signings that new manager would demand.
For you to still be convinced that Hurst will have to go, means you have info of serious misdoings, if this is the case, why is he still here? There are plenty of managers looking for work, I can't believe Evans is waiting for Mourinho to be sacked.

It’s very strange at the moment, I seem to be hearing the same things from different people and it all seems to point to an imminent exit, or one I’d have expected to have already seen if I’m honest.

But he’s still here, and still has my support - until I hear from the same people that are currently telling me all is far from ok I’ll continue to believe this is what is going on.

I may be wrong, to be honest I hope I am as if Hurst is still here things have presumably turned round so that our Championship status looks more secure - that is all I care about this season.

Evans is away for the next few weeks, has that bought Hurst more time? 5 big games coming up - I’d love nothing more than to see 10 points

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:24 - Oct 13 with 3269 viewsm14_blue

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:21 - Oct 13 by itfcjoe

It’s very strange at the moment, I seem to be hearing the same things from different people and it all seems to point to an imminent exit, or one I’d have expected to have already seen if I’m honest.

But he’s still here, and still has my support - until I hear from the same people that are currently telling me all is far from ok I’ll continue to believe this is what is going on.

I may be wrong, to be honest I hope I am as if Hurst is still here things have presumably turned round so that our Championship status looks more secure - that is all I care about this season.

Evans is away for the next few weeks, has that bought Hurst more time? 5 big games coming up - I’d love nothing more than to see 10 points

'I'd love nothing more than to see 10 points'.

How about seeing 15 points?
Before our win at the weekend... on 20:26 - Oct 13 with 3260 viewsitfcjoe

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:24 - Oct 13 by m14_blue

I meant to say 10+ points!

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:31 - Oct 13 with 3255 viewsPJH

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:24 - Oct 13 by m14_blue

Form so far would suggest that our TOTAL points after 5 more games will be something like 15 although even that means upping the average points per game ratio.
Before our win at the weekend... on 20:47 - Oct 13 with 3233 viewsm14_blue

Before our win at the weekend... on 20:31 - Oct 13 by PJH

Form so far would suggest that our TOTAL points after 5 more games will be something like 15 although even that means upping the average points per game ratio.

Yeah but we have to dream!

I dream that in 5 games we could be 15th.
Before our win at the weekend... on 21:05 - Oct 13 with 3219 viewsJ2BLUE

Before our win at the weekend... on 13:03 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

All that win has done is delay the inevitable of Hursts departure

Quite right. At some point in the next 100 years Hurst will leave ITFC.

That is DEF INFO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Before our win at the weekend... on 07:19 - Oct 14 with 3127 viewsBenters2

Before our win at the weekend... on 22:32 - Oct 11 by 44_not_out

I don’t get the euphoria over one win in 13. It looks like finishing 4th bottom is likely to be seen as a successful season.

We’re poorer than we’ve been in years!

But I suppose I’ll get called negative.

For me its relief we have actually won a game.
Before our win at the weekend... on 07:22 - Oct 14 with 3126 viewsBenters2

Before our win at the weekend... on 21:05 - Oct 13 by J2BLUE

Quite right. At some point in the next 100 years Hurst will leave ITFC.

That is DEF INFO.

You coming to QPR J2?

Cheap tickets and all that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024