Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs 15:44 - Oct 11 with 6286 viewsIllinoisblue

I want played at my funeral. Current top 3 picks:

Wish you were here - Pink Floyd
In my life - Johnny Cash

And, finally, as the tearful mourners file out...

Edward Ebeneezer Jeremiah Brown.. COME ON THE TOWN!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 15:56 - Oct 11 with 4805 viewsfloridablue

Never really had any thoughts on this subject before, but now you've mentioned it....
Mary Hopkins song... 'those were the days' …..which was sung along to at stadiums in the late 60s/70s. OK for the oldies!
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 16:34 - Oct 11 with 4745 viewsWeWereZombies

In tribute to Peter Sellers who, according to Michael Bentine, had Glen Miller's 'In The Mood' played at his funeral because he hated the piece and could rest in peace knowing he would not be able to hear it:

The Birdie Song
'Saturday Night' by Whigfield
On The Ball City

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 16:59 - Oct 11 with 4715 viewsTractorFactor

Eulogy - Frank Turner certainly appeals.
My children insist that Einaudi's Il Giorni is my "death song", so wouldn't want to let them down
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 17:05 - Oct 11 with 4705 viewsIllinoisblue

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 16:34 - Oct 11 by WeWereZombies

In tribute to Peter Sellers who, according to Michael Bentine, had Glen Miller's 'In The Mood' played at his funeral because he hated the piece and could rest in peace knowing he would not be able to hear it:

The Birdie Song
'Saturday Night' by Whigfield
On The Ball City

ah, Whigfield, who could forget her

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 17:23 - Oct 11 with 4676 viewsbritbiker

I'm in my mid fifties but most people think I'm a bit odd as I've already chosen mine.

Sound of silence. But sung by Disturbed, not the original by Simon and Garfunkle. The vocals at the end of the Disturbed version gives me tingles.

At my mum"s funeral last week she chose Bohemien Raspsody by Queen. Unusual as she wasn't into Rock, unlike me, and it mentions devils etc. I had to do the compulsory Wayne's World headbanging during the end section.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 17:26]
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 17:25 - Oct 11 with 4665 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 17:36 - Oct 11 with 4644 viewsgtsb

Going in: Teenage Kicks -The Undertones
Filing out: Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 17:37 - Oct 11 with 4646 viewshorsehollerer

We open in eerie silence, pitch back, a little bit of dry ice...

The song is Ultravox "Visions in Blue"

Blue strobe flickers in the dark revealing various images of people and places.

Then about 1:50..... BOOM!.... it's a disco inferno with disco balls, over the top lighting and hired dancers.

Then back to the darkness. More dry ice.

Thank you, goodnight.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Login to get fewer ads

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 17:39 - Oct 11 with 4636 viewsfactual_blue

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 17:37 - Oct 11 by horsehollerer

We open in eerie silence, pitch back, a little bit of dry ice...

The song is Ultravox "Visions in Blue"

Blue strobe flickers in the dark revealing various images of people and places.

Then about 1:50..... BOOM!.... it's a disco inferno with disco balls, over the top lighting and hired dancers.

Then back to the darkness. More dry ice.

Thank you, goodnight.

I was thinking of an Ultravox song. Maybe Vienna. But then again, it means nothing to me.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 17:42 - Oct 11 with 4631 viewsKeno

What a waste by Ian Dury
Lord of the dance but with the Ipswich Chorus
taken out to the Great Escape theme tune
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 17:44]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 17:43 - Oct 11 with 4631 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

Your top pick is the same as mine

Wish you were here - Pink Floyd

Death with Dignity - Sufjan Stevens

Getting Away With It - James
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 18:29 - Oct 11 with 4564 viewshochiblue

I insist on the 24 minute live version of Going Down Slow by Led Zeppelin. Works for me ( but not for anyone else, obviously).
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 18:34 - Oct 11 with 4547 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 18:47 - Oct 11 with 4518 viewsPlums

In: Living in a Box
Out: a recording of a football crowd singing ‘we can see you sneaking out’
In the hole: Down Down

A mate came into church to Hendrix’ Voodoo Chile - the vicar took some convincing.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 18:49 - Oct 11 with 4516 viewsDebsyAngel

Thought about this for years and decided on Joy Division's Decades, and also recently added Terry Jacks' Seasons In the Sun.
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 18:50 - Oct 11 with 4513 viewsglassblower

Highway to hell

Thrice
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 19:09 - Oct 11 with 4488 viewsronnyd

Breath by Floyd, Because i,m not anymore lol. Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd, the full version so won,t be time for anything else.
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 19:42 - Oct 11 with 4422 viewsnorth_stand77

My husband wants to go out to Cockney Rebels 'Come up and see me (make me smile)'
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 21:18 - Oct 11 with 4333 viewsmichaeldownunder

Going upwards at 45 deg by the Teardrop explodes

Walk forever by my side by Mike Peters and the Alarm

End of 1966 world cup
Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over, it is now.
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 22:10 - Oct 11 with 4259 viewsBlueorder

I can tell you that 'Fields of Gold' by Eva Cassidy is played at least 4 times a week at my local crematorium.
The best song ever to be played at a funeral that I conducted was 'Leave Me Alone' by New Order.
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 22:16 - Oct 11 with 4248 viewsLord_Lucan

There was a similar thread a few days ago.

Mine are

Shine on You Crazy Diamond (6 hour version)
Wish you Were Here
Do You Realise

I wanted to put Gimme Shelter and or Kooks in there but how many can you have?

I'm quite looking forward to it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 00:08 - Oct 12 with 4154 viewsjaykay

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 00:27 - Oct 12 with 4141 viewsHARRY10

There is only one song as the coffin is carried out, or disappears behind the curtain

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 07:59 - Oct 12 with 4045 viewsBattersea_Blue

During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 17:23 - Oct 11 by britbiker

I'm in my mid fifties but most people think I'm a bit odd as I've already chosen mine.

Sound of silence. But sung by Disturbed, not the original by Simon and Garfunkle. The vocals at the end of the Disturbed version gives me tingles.

At my mum"s funeral last week she chose Bohemien Raspsody by Queen. Unusual as she wasn't into Rock, unlike me, and it mentions devils etc. I had to do the compulsory Wayne's World headbanging during the end section.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 17:26]

Disturbed's version of Sound of Silence is just brilliant. That would be my choice too, but showing the video of them singing it live at Download 2016.

The Vengeful One is also a great track, but perhaps inappropriate.

At the end, Raise Your Horns by Amon Amarth - again awesome at Download 2016.

[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 8:04]
During the international break I mostly like to consider which songs on 08:24 - Oct 12 with 4023 viewsfabian_illness

Whilst my coffin lid is open and everyone is walking in, I want 'I'm too sexy for my shirt' by right said Fred.
After they've pre-warmed the oven and just before the curtains go back, I'd like 'fire starter' by the prodigy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024