Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday toonage 01:06 - Oct 13 with 2173 viewsLord_Lucan

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Saturday toonage on 01:09 - Oct 13 with 2158 viewsLord_Lucan

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Saturday toonage on 01:17 - Oct 13 with 2146 viewsMelford

Love this song. Here's my version https://soundcloud.com/luke-leon-bloxam/bike
My other Pink Floyd party piece is getting the bass out to play this

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Saturday toonage on 01:35 - Oct 13 with 2117 viewsLord_Lucan

Saturday toonage on 01:17 - Oct 13 by Melford

Love this song. Here's my version https://soundcloud.com/luke-leon-bloxam/bike
My other Pink Floyd party piece is getting the bass out to play this

I love your version, I think you have shared it with me before but as a man of party you will have forgotten and I don't remember that well either.

Unfortunately I cannot play a single instrument, although I mastered the triangle at primary school but decided a professional football career was more for the good. I soon realised I should have stuck with the triangle.

One of these days is one of my pop picker top tunes as well. I have an "Alans funny story" about that at a PF gig but there you go. Another day maybe.

Saturday toonage on 02:04 - Oct 13 with 2101 viewsMelford

Saturday toonage on 01:35 - Oct 13 by Lord_Lucan

I love your version, I think you have shared it with me before but as a man of party you will have forgotten and I don't remember that well either.

Unfortunately I cannot play a single instrument, although I mastered the triangle at primary school but decided a professional football career was more for the good. I soon realised I should have stuck with the triangle.

One of these days is one of my pop picker top tunes as well. I have an "Alans funny story" about that at a PF gig but there you go. Another day maybe.

Shine on you crazy diamond

Saturday toonage on 06:09 - Oct 13 with 2049 viewsurbanblue

Saturday toonage on 01:09 - Oct 13 by Lord_Lucan

Man ... I was going to post this track til I scrolled down and saw you beat me to it!!
Saturday toonage on 06:15 - Oct 13 with 2056 viewsurbanblue

I remember at school walking round the corridors with my mates singing that ... Here's a similar track that was also on our sing/play list at the time!

Saturday toonage on 10:16 - Oct 13 with 1973 viewsLord_Lucan

Saturday toonage on 06:15 - Oct 13 by urbanblue

I remember at school walking round the corridors with my mates singing that ... Here's a similar track that was also on our sing/play list at the time!

I want Melford to cover this one

Nice one Lucers (n/t) on 11:17 - Oct 13 with 1936 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

the one that involves a trip to London ;) (n/t) on 11:26 - Oct 13 with 1924 viewsDyland

Saturday toonage on 01:35 - Oct 13 by Lord_Lucan

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Saturday toonage on 13:00 - Oct 13 with 1892 viewsGodzilla

Think this guy's 'first watch/listen' reaction to Floyd is class.

Saturday toonage on 13:32 - Oct 13 with 1870 viewsLord_Lucan

Saturday toonage on 13:00 - Oct 13 by Godzilla

Think this guy's 'first watch/listen' reaction to Floyd is class.

I haven't seen that guy before - great post by the way. He's wrong obviously about the year as that was The Division Bell tour when they played 14 consecutive nights at Earls Court.

I went twice, the first time was a minibus of mates - all tripping our nuts off from breakfast till sunrise. It is probably the best gig I have ever been to. Anyone who can watch this and not agree that Pink Floyd are the greatest band in history needs a check up. The second time I went I took the Mrs, we were only on a bit of green as I was driving! During that track (what you cannot see very well on the clip) they had the biggest mirror ball and the whole place was strobed out, it was absolutely incredible. The whole thing was truly mind blowing. When the strobe thing happened my Mrs couldn't take it, she had to go to the toilet and sit and contemplate things, I kid you not!

Now here's the thing, and this is what it's about. Music (especially in the case of Floyd IMHO) touches people and brings people together. Now I am sure the politically correct will shout me down for generalising and a couple might call me racist because they are fools - but generally Pink Floyd is not widely appreciated by a black audience, watching that guy get into them makes me happy, it gives me goosebumps. It is exactly what we need, we all need a bit of that.

Saturday toonage on 13:45 - Oct 13 with 1853 viewsGodzilla

Saturday toonage on 13:32 - Oct 13 by Lord_Lucan

I haven't seen that guy before - great post by the way. He's wrong obviously about the year as that was The Division Bell tour when they played 14 consecutive nights at Earls Court.

I went twice, the first time was a minibus of mates - all tripping our nuts off from breakfast till sunrise. It is probably the best gig I have ever been to. Anyone who can watch this and not agree that Pink Floyd are the greatest band in history needs a check up. The second time I went I took the Mrs, we were only on a bit of green as I was driving! During that track (what you cannot see very well on the clip) they had the biggest mirror ball and the whole place was strobed out, it was absolutely incredible. The whole thing was truly mind blowing. When the strobe thing happened my Mrs couldn't take it, she had to go to the toilet and sit and contemplate things, I kid you not!

Now here's the thing, and this is what it's about. Music (especially in the case of Floyd IMHO) touches people and brings people together. Now I am sure the politically correct will shout me down for generalising and a couple might call me racist because they are fools - but generally Pink Floyd is not widely appreciated by a black audience, watching that guy get into them makes me happy, it gives me goosebumps. It is exactly what we need, we all need a bit of that.

I guess that seeing that show is something that would stay with you forever, its just stunning even on video. Agree that music has no need to be pigeonholed by colour or creed, if it's good it's good.
Saturday toonage on 15:10 - Oct 13 with 1811 viewsLord_Lucan

Saturday toonage on 13:45 - Oct 13 by Godzilla

I guess that seeing that show is something that would stay with you forever, its just stunning even on video. Agree that music has no need to be pigeonholed by colour or creed, if it's good it's good.

It was phenomenal, they were on good form.

On the opening night an elevated row of seating collapsed and the gig was cancelled. On the news they interviewed some spaced out guy who was caught in the epicentre and he simply said - and I quote, "I just thought it was part of the show man"

Saturday toonage on 19:24 - Oct 13 with 1767 viewsMelford

Saturday toonage on 10:16 - Oct 13 by Lord_Lucan

I want Melford to cover this one

It's possible, I have a dog, a harmonica, a bass and a microphone.
I fancy a crack at this

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024