Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig 08:31 - Oct 13 with 8584 viewsKieran_Knows

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/dyer-s-praise-for-hurst-and-doig-1-5735156

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 09:01 - Oct 13 with 6856 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah but Doig is the devil.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 09:07 - Oct 13 with 6850 viewsBackToRussia

That's definitely reassuring!

One in the eye for those who're hankering after what GB would offer.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 09:26 - Oct 13 with 6779 viewsMoriarty

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 09:07 - Oct 13 by BackToRussia

That's definitely reassuring!

One in the eye for those who're hankering after what GB would offer.

He says GB united the club from top to bottom, the only manager he has seen do that.

Whereas his comments might offer some reassurance to those who have concerns about PH and CD, it is nonsense to say it’s one in the eye for what GB would offer.

fka omuircheartaigh

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 09:29 - Oct 13 with 6762 viewsBackToRussia

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 09:26 - Oct 13 by Moriarty

He says GB united the club from top to bottom, the only manager he has seen do that.

Whereas his comments might offer some reassurance to those who have concerns about PH and CD, it is nonsense to say it’s one in the eye for what GB would offer.

Well it does, doesn't it? Because you clearly feel Hurst is unable to do what GB did do, and yet you have here someone who worked directly under GB who is saying, it's happening again. So why would we replace him for Burley, whose success with us is 25 to 18 years ago now?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Lovely piece on 09:40 - Oct 13 with 6721 viewsDyland

Short on detail but hey, it's the EADT :)

Good vibes. Nice one Mr. Dyer. A future Town manager when Hurst has got us promoted and goes to Man U after a couple of mentally successful seasons.

Gah, foootball. It kills innit.

Edit: Adding that the U23 game at Loftus Road looked quite impressive in parts, from both young sides. QPR have some evil pace up front. Two good academies clearly. I was only keeping half an eye on it but some of the play looked Champ level stuff.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 9:44]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lovely piece on 09:43 - Oct 13 with 6687 viewsMullet

Lovely piece on 09:40 - Oct 13 by Dyland

Short on detail but hey, it's the EADT :)

Good vibes. Nice one Mr. Dyer. A future Town manager when Hurst has got us promoted and goes to Man U after a couple of mentally successful seasons.

Gah, foootball. It kills innit.

Edit: Adding that the U23 game at Loftus Road looked quite impressive in parts, from both young sides. QPR have some evil pace up front. Two good academies clearly. I was only keeping half an eye on it but some of the play looked Champ level stuff.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 9:44]

Is it cynical to suggest KD isn't going to say anything but good things are happening at youth level given his job prospects and love of the academy?

It'd be great to think the problems are behind us. This next month or so is the litmus test though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

It would on 09:51 - Oct 13 with 6660 viewsDyland

Lovely piece on 09:43 - Oct 13 by Mullet

Is it cynical to suggest KD isn't going to say anything but good things are happening at youth level given his job prospects and love of the academy?

It'd be great to think the problems are behind us. This next month or so is the litmus test though.

but there's probably some truth in that. And that's not a bad thing. Club's have to pull together in the same direction, so some of the stories about sour grapes and all that are typically worrying even though it's to be expected and no different at every club and any other medium to large sized business.

A bit of conflict and challenges to the bosses is healthy, but it needs to be constructive. Intransigent naysayers and sh1t stirrers should get out imo, whoever they are. The club is bigger than any one person or group.

More rub of the green and similar attitude and application as shown at Swansea, we could be on an upward trajectory after all. We may of course lose the next three games. Football kills innit.

COYFB

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 10:44 - Oct 13 with 6490 viewsMoriarty

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 09:29 - Oct 13 by BackToRussia

Well it does, doesn't it? Because you clearly feel Hurst is unable to do what GB did do, and yet you have here someone who worked directly under GB who is saying, it's happening again. So why would we replace him for Burley, whose success with us is 25 to 18 years ago now?

It doesn’t.

Asking any manager to emulate GB is a big ask. Not just with academy, club identity etc but also with on field play.

fka omuircheartaigh

Login to get fewer ads

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 10:55 - Oct 13 with 6464 viewsITFCBlues

This post will upset a lot of the know it all ITK posters on here...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 11:21 - Oct 13 with 6406 viewsDyland

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 10:55 - Oct 13 by ITFCBlues

This post will upset a lot of the know it all ITK posters on here...

Some of the "inside info" is interesting, but it's too often also Chinese whispers and insinuations that seemingly comes from quarters where there's at best peevishness, and at worst an actual agenda.

Benefit of the doubt though... in most cases it comes from people who love the club and want what's best. We really need to pull together as one though.

Lovely piece on 12:23 - Oct 13 with 6287 viewsjaykay

i thought he had failed the litmus test and was going monday.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

It would on 12:29 - Oct 13 with 6283 viewsSteve_M

It would on 09:51 - Oct 13 by Dyland

but there's probably some truth in that. And that's not a bad thing. Club's have to pull together in the same direction, so some of the stories about sour grapes and all that are typically worrying even though it's to be expected and no different at every club and any other medium to large sized business.

A bit of conflict and challenges to the bosses is healthy, but it needs to be constructive. Intransigent naysayers and sh1t stirrers should get out imo, whoever they are. The club is bigger than any one person or group.

More rub of the green and similar attitude and application as shown at Swansea, we could be on an upward trajectory after all. We may of course lose the next three games. Football kills innit.

COYFB

There's nothing in that piece that contradicts the main complaint: that Hurst and Doig's attitude to the first team squad has been unnecessarily confrontational, there's enough in the public comments Hurst has made abut Knudsen and Adeyemi, but also Chambers, to suggest that has happened.

Also, despite the win at Swansea, very welcome as it is, there's still no evidence that we can play for 90 minutes at a time let alone well from game to game. It's all very laudable for Hurst to be trying to get the entire club running in the same direction but unless he keeps us in this division this year it won't count for very much.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It would on 12:46 - Oct 13 with 6218 viewstractorboy1978

It would on 12:29 - Oct 13 by Steve_M

There's nothing in that piece that contradicts the main complaint: that Hurst and Doig's attitude to the first team squad has been unnecessarily confrontational, there's enough in the public comments Hurst has made abut Knudsen and Adeyemi, but also Chambers, to suggest that has happened.

Also, despite the win at Swansea, very welcome as it is, there's still no evidence that we can play for 90 minutes at a time let alone well from game to game. It's all very laudable for Hurst to be trying to get the entire club running in the same direction but unless he keeps us in this division this year it won't count for very much.

Hasn't the main complaint other than results been that he's fallen out with Klug and had little interest in his opinion? That is what I've heard from more than one person.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 12:48]
It would on 12:58 - Oct 13 with 6168 viewsLankHenners

It would on 12:46 - Oct 13 by tractorboy1978

Hasn't the main complaint other than results been that he's fallen out with Klug and had little interest in his opinion? That is what I've heard from more than one person.

There was a bit of that but it seemed that Evans stepped in and things improved in that sense i.e. Dozzell coming back into the fold, other youngsters training with the first team when they'd been 'relegated' back to the U23s.

As Steve says above, this changes nothing with regards to the alleged issues with the handling of decisions affecting the first team (in particular the senior players), and, besides, anyone trying to use this piece as a 'see, everything's fine' is just as daft as the people using that image of Hurst and Chambers to illustrate the same point.

All this talk will quieten down, of course, if Hurst can pull his finger out and get us winning matches on a more regular basis.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 13:12 - Oct 13 with 6115 viewsBackToRussia

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 10:44 - Oct 13 by Moriarty

It doesn’t.

Asking any manager to emulate GB is a big ask. Not just with academy, club identity etc but also with on field play.

Asking GB to emulate GB is a big ask. Past it.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Love this line... on 13:18 - Oct 13 with 6097 viewsunstableblue

..."“It’s made me laugh when I’ve seen one of the criticisms levelled at them being ‘they aren’t playing the kids’. I kept telling everyone to be patient and that it was only a matter of time. Low and behold, Andre Dozzell is back in the team, Flynn Downes is very much involved, while Jack Lankester is on the bench and Bailey Clements travelled to Swansea.”

And of course this is mud in the eye to all those doom mongers:

“I’ve worked with other managers in the past who only care about the first team. What I love about Doigy and the gaffer is that they are so involved with the academy.

“Doigy actually comes and helps take some of our Under-18 sessions and you can see the kids absolutely buzzing off it.

“If there’s a home youth game on the Saturday morning and the first team are also at home, they will come and watch the first half before dashing off to the ground."

God I hope we go on a run of wins..... I really do.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Love this line... on 13:41 - Oct 13 with 6012 viewsitfcjoe

Love this line... on 13:18 - Oct 13 by unstableblue

..."“It’s made me laugh when I’ve seen one of the criticisms levelled at them being ‘they aren’t playing the kids’. I kept telling everyone to be patient and that it was only a matter of time. Low and behold, Andre Dozzell is back in the team, Flynn Downes is very much involved, while Jack Lankester is on the bench and Bailey Clements travelled to Swansea.”

And of course this is mud in the eye to all those doom mongers:

“I’ve worked with other managers in the past who only care about the first team. What I love about Doigy and the gaffer is that they are so involved with the academy.

“Doigy actually comes and helps take some of our Under-18 sessions and you can see the kids absolutely buzzing off it.

“If there’s a home youth game on the Saturday morning and the first team are also at home, they will come and watch the first half before dashing off to the ground."

God I hope we go on a run of wins..... I really do.

“God I hope we go on a run of wins..... I really do.”

So does everyone else

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 14:01 - Oct 13 with 5960 viewsMoriarty

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 13:12 - Oct 13 by BackToRussia

Asking GB to emulate GB is a big ask. Past it.

I don’t agree. I think we need to build a foundation before building a house. It’s my honest view GB is the man for that, allowing his role to evolve to D of F over 2-3 years.

Like us all, I really want our club to succeed.

fka omuircheartaigh

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 14:44 - Oct 13 with 5880 viewsWickets

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 14:01 - Oct 13 by Moriarty

I don’t agree. I think we need to build a foundation before building a house. It’s my honest view GB is the man for that, allowing his role to evolve to D of F over 2-3 years.

I totally love GB and those great memories he gave us but i am against us bringing him back as i am convinced it would all end in tears.Anyway are George's well publisised problems behind him?
Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 14:56 - Oct 13 with 5853 viewsBackToRussia

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 14:01 - Oct 13 by Moriarty

That's fine, but it's no one's view who matters, nor should it be. Look ahead. In his day, GB was our young, upcoming manager. PH can be that now.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Lovely piece on 15:10 - Oct 13 with 5832 viewsbackwaywhen

Currently reading Diers book , and the man bleeds blue & white , he has had his critics in the past and rightly so ...but hey he was young and naive , but I doubt very much if he would try and kid the Town fans if this statement was not a genuine heartfelt opinion......
Lovely piece on 15:52 - Oct 13 with 5751 viewsKeaneish

Big time. From our next 6 games I'd expect a haul of 11 points. If we achieve this I think we can assume we've turned a bit of a corner as a rally of this size will be imperative going into December.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

It would on 16:01 - Oct 13 with 5723 viewsPositivelyPortman

It would on 12:46 - Oct 13 by tractorboy1978

You’ve heard it from other posts on here. Tittle tattle with no foundation.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 16:02]

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Praise from Kieron Dyer for Hurst & Doig on 20:59 - Oct 13 with 5404 viewsmichaeldownunder

I am sure that I read a statement from Marcus Evans that when Klug returned after the dark lord left saying that Klug will be working directly for me.
In other words, who ever is the manager his job is safe.
Lovely piece on 21:07 - Oct 13 with 5385 viewsMullet

Lovely piece on 12:23 - Oct 13 by jaykay

i thought he had failed the litmus test and was going monday.

Interestingly, the two places that came to me from were independent of each other. It's my guess without pressing that person, that the local papers et al. had been briefed or had a tip off. Certainly there were two back pages lined up for Sunday I'd guess.

It was my opinion Swansea would beat us and he would go, only to have that said to me in person before the game after all the other stuff doesn't as Steve less delicately put it, contradict this piece.

Regardless, I think those so keen to dismiss that there have evidently been problems, or we're out of the woods yet are being foolish. The way that photo of Chambo and Hurst was interpreted proved even the most one-eyed have severe nagging doubts because he's not been good enough thus far.

Even if you filter out half the rumour mill, it's very worrying on the field, let alone adding that stuff in I think.

Moreover, the idea Evans hasn't yet, hasn't had to make a decision based on a very lucky and enjoyable win is more concerning. Hurst if he has been given a stay of execution better bloody use it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024