Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... 22:05 - Oct 13 with 3329 viewsbluewein

Of feeling too old to attend certain gigs/events?

Currently at 02 Brixton to see Four Tet for an all nighter.

I’m looking around and all the youngsters are dressed funny and not wanting to speak to anyone and I’m not sure I can drink til 5am and still remember the night..

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

on 22:27 - Oct 13 with 2735 views_

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 22:30 - Oct 13 with 2722 viewsDyland

on 22:27 - Oct 13 by _

Jesus, I could quite easily be your dad.

Never stop.

You're only as old as the wo/man you feel.

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 22:32 - Oct 13 with 2717 viewsDubtractor

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 22:30 - Oct 13 by Dyland

Never stop.

Likewise.

I'm 43 next month and still go to loads of gigs and festivals.

All night clubbing can do one though.....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 22:33 - Oct 13 with 2712 viewsclive_baker

on 22:27 - Oct 13 by _

Don’t be a lemon. 30’s young man.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

on 22:35 - Oct 13 with 2710 views_

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 22:30 - Oct 13 by Dyland

Never stop.

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 22:35 - Oct 13 with 2710 viewsDyland

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 22:32 - Oct 13 by Dubtractor

Likewise.

I'm older than you Dubbers and while I'll hold my hands up and admit it aint healthy... well... hell... if the pills work, fook it :)

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 22:37 - Oct 13 with 2705 viewsDyland

on 22:35 - Oct 13 by _

Bellends filming on their phones is indeed a massive boop.

Most bands are sh1t anyway.

Even the ones I love.

whatever

on 22:41 - Oct 13 with 2693 views_

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 22:33 - Oct 13 by clive_baker

Don’t be a lemon. 30’s young man.

Login to get fewer ads

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 22:49 - Oct 13 with 2671 viewsRyorry

I know this isn't quite what you meant, but the travelling to games of 100-200 miles round trip that I used to be able to do, even if it was a bit of a pain (literally!) is something I just don't feel up to these days, unfortunately :(

As for music etc gigs - if you want to go and are able to get there, just do it - you're never too old in your head, and s*d what anyone else thinks!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 23:02 - Oct 13 with 2642 viewsWeWereZombies

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 22:32 - Oct 13 by Dubtractor

Likewise.

63 and four music festivals this summer, plus a long weekend at the Edinburgh fringe and a book festival last weekend. Going to a Day of the Dead gig in a couple of weeks.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 23:52 - Oct 13 with 2557 viewsRyorry

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 23:02 - Oct 13 by WeWereZombies

63 and four music festivals this summer, plus a long weekend at the Edinburgh fringe and a book festival last weekend. Going to a Day of the Dead gig in a couple of weeks.

You ain't no Zombie, you're my bruvver ;)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 23:59 - Oct 13 with 2549 viewsLord_Lucan

Likewise.

Likewise

I'm 53 and still - do whatever I want to do.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 01:17 - Oct 14 with 2486 viewsWeWereZombies

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 23:52 - Oct 13 by Ryorry

You ain't no Zombie, you're my bruvver ;)

Ah thanks, sis. Needed that tonight.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 07:51 - Oct 14 with 2382 viewsbrogansnose

Chuff me backwards. I've got an all nighter in Leeds Saturday with Sasha playing follwed by Superorganism in Cambridge Wednesday, Bad Sounds in Norwich the follwing night and David Byrne in London on the Monday.

You only get one go at this you know.
When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 07:54 - Oct 14 with 2366 viewsurbanblue

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 07:51 - Oct 14 by brogansnose

Chuff me backwards. I've got an all nighter in Leeds Saturday with Sasha playing follwed by Superorganism in Cambridge Wednesday, Bad Sounds in Norwich the follwing night and David Byrne in London on the Monday.

Is Charlie gonna be going with you to some of these?
When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 07:59 - Oct 14 with 2365 viewsbrogansnose

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 07:54 - Oct 14 by urbanblue

Is Charlie gonna be going with you to some of these?

No, definately not. Charlie is no friend of mine.

Saturday night may well see an appearance of Damon Hill.
When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 08:02 - Oct 14 with 2353 viewstextbackup

I realised at my last V festival that I was way too old for that (aged 28)
but then even at 24 I was probably too old for that place

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 08:06 - Oct 14 with 2344 viewsurbanblue

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 07:59 - Oct 14 by brogansnose

No, definately not. Charlie is no friend of mine.

Saturday night may well see an appearance of Damon Hill.

Sounds like you are going to get it about right

By the way, I saw David Byrne about 5 years ago and he was superb. Not sure what he includes in his act now but he had a great band and threw in some Talking Heads classics. I know he's been doing some William Onyeabar stuff which should be good.

Have a good week eh
When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 08:24 - Oct 14 with 2309 viewsbrogansnose

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 08:06 - Oct 14 by urbanblue

Sounds like you are going to get it about right

By the way, I saw David Byrne about 5 years ago and he was superb. Not sure what he includes in his act now but he had a great band and threw in some Talking Heads classics. I know he's been doing some William Onyeabar stuff which should be good.

Have a good week eh

I've only heard good things about the David Byrne gig and my boy has recently heavily got into Talking Heads, with me amazingly not having seen TH's although loving them in my youth, it fits nicely.

TBH, the week is a bit daunting.
When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 08:32 - Oct 14 with 2288 viewsDubtractor

I think the message Bluewein, overall, is pull yourself together.

Young people do dress funny though, I won't argue with that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 09:35 - Oct 14 with 2208 viewsblueislander

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 08:32 - Oct 14 by Dubtractor

I think the message Bluewein, overall, is pull yourself together.

Young people do dress funny though, I won't argue with that.

I am 70 and that was about the average age for the gig I went to on Friday.
When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 09:49 - Oct 14 with 2193 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 07:51 - Oct 14 by brogansnose

Columbian marching powder?....Miss Slave and I have just ruled out Wolf Alice and Idles at the Roundhouse on Wednesday down to work on Thursday so we are officially old and sold out to the man........it's all over!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 10:07 - Oct 14 with 2164 viewsbrogansnose

When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 09:49 - Oct 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

Columbian marching powder?....Miss Slave and I have just ruled out Wolf Alice and Idles at the Roundhouse on Wednesday down to work on Thursday so we are officially old and sold out to the man........it's all over!

I'm enough of an asshole as it is without Colombian.

Dissapointed in you BankieSellout !
When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 10:17 - Oct 14 with 2151 viewsstrikalite

Only YOU know how you feel, for some it's 30(believe it or not, in Clubs I'd agree with that)for others it could be 70, it really doesn't matter about the age, nobody can change how you feel inside though..
When do you start getting to the uncomfortable side... on 11:55 - Oct 14 with 2084 viewsblueconscience

If you like what is on show, who cares how old you are!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024