Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
19:09 - Oct 14 with 3161 views_

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 19:26 - Oct 14 with 3123 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

on 19:40 - Oct 14 with 3092 views_

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 19:26 - Oct 14 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 19:44 - Oct 14 with 3085 viewsBBKing

Do you follow him on Twitter? He gives as good as he gets; very outspoken and not above personal attacks on people whose views do match up with his own.
It seems to me like he's been caught in the James Gunn scenario and is being held accountable to the same standards he so vocally demands be imposed on others.
One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 19:46 - Oct 14 with 3081 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's wonderfully geeky Libby .. I know nothing about him and little about the franchise, but it sounds like you've a very good point.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

on 19:50 - Oct 14 with 3075 views_

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 19:44 - Oct 14 by BBKing

Do you follow him on Twitter? He gives as good as he gets; very outspoken and not above personal attacks on people whose views do match up with his own.
It seems to me like he's been caught in the James Gunn scenario and is being held accountable to the same standards he so vocally demands be imposed on others.

on 20:01 - Oct 14 with 3050 views_

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 19:46 - Oct 14 by Swansea_Blue

That's wonderfully geeky Libby .. I know nothing about him and little about the franchise, but it sounds like you've a very good point.

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 21:20 - Oct 14 with 2976 viewsGlasgowBlue

It wouldn't have happened in Stan the Man's day. Nuff said!!

Seriously though, that's pretty low of Marvel/Disney to sack the guy who was on the end of the abuse regardless of how he reacted.

Getting back to my first comment. Marvel isn't Marvel anymore. It's just another corporate arm of Disney. Then again, the soul went from that place in the mid 90's when they tried to squeeze as many issues and titles from the X-Men and Spider-Man, completely screwing with the continuity that Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and others had painstakingly created.

Now it's reboot after reboot. Legacy numbering then rebooting again in order to make more money from No1 issues.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 21:25 - Oct 14 with 2966 viewsBlueBadger

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 21:20 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

Seriously though, that's pretty low of Marvel/Disney to sack the guy who was on the end of the abuse regardless of how he reacted.

Getting back to my first comment. Marvel isn't Marvel anymore. It's just another corporate arm of Disney. Then again, the soul went from that place in the mid 90's when they tried to squeeze as many issues and titles from the X-Men and Spider-Man, completely screwing with the continuity that Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and others had painstakingly created.

Now it's reboot after reboot. Legacy numbering then rebooting again in order to make more money from No1 issues.

Speaking of Stan Lee, this is really, really, desperately sad.
https://www.polygon.com/comics/2018/10/8/17951276/stan-lee-elder-abuse-interview
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 21:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

on 21:28 - Oct 14 with 2955 views_

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 21:20 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 21:32 - Oct 14 with 2947 viewsBlueBadger

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 21:25 - Oct 14 by BlueBadger

Speaking of Stan Lee, this is really, really, desperately sad.
https://www.polygon.com/comics/2018/10/8/17951276/stan-lee-elder-abuse-interview
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 21:31]

On an aside note, most of Marvel's better titles in recent times have been the lesser lights and 'new' characters.
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, the Kamala Khan incarnation of Ms Marvel and Jason Aaron's epic runs on Thor and Doctor Strange(where he basically ignores all the rubbish stuff and focuses on what make the characters so great) are terrific stuff.

And, as a man who loves his music Glassers, I'd heartily recommend Kieron Gillan's Phonogram - get the collect hardback if you can.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 21:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

on 21:40 - Oct 14 with 2936 views_

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 21:32 - Oct 14 by BlueBadger

On an aside note, most of Marvel's better titles in recent times have been the lesser lights and 'new' characters.
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, the Kamala Khan incarnation of Ms Marvel and Jason Aaron's epic runs on Thor and Doctor Strange(where he basically ignores all the rubbish stuff and focuses on what make the characters so great) are terrific stuff.

And, as a man who loves his music Glassers, I'd heartily recommend Kieron Gillan's Phonogram - get the collect hardback if you can.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 21:53]

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 22:23 - Oct 14 with 2893 viewshoppy

They're a complete Mickey Mouse organisation, if you ask me...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 23:30 - Oct 14 with 2851 viewsfactual_blue

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 22:23 - Oct 14 by hoppy

They're a complete Mickey Mouse organisation, if you ask me...

[Scotch accent]It Disney matter what you think[/Scotch accent]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 11:52 - Oct 15 with 2755 viewsLightningboy

Probably been using too many crayons.
One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 12:05 - Oct 15 with 2745 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Never heard of this boy.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

on 09:42 - Oct 18 with 2612 views_

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 11:52 - Oct 15 by Lightningboy

Probably been using too many crayons.

on 09:45 - Oct 18 with 2608 views_

One of my favourite writers has been sacked by Marvel/Disney... on 12:05 - Oct 15 by The_Last_Baron

Never heard of this boy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024