Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Golfers 13:18 - Oct 16 with 2622 viewsReuser_is_God

Whereabouts online/in store is best to buy a new set of clubs from?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Golfers on 13:19 - Oct 16 with 2610 viewsKieran_Knows

Here we go.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Golfers on 13:25 - Oct 16 with 2590 viewsSwansea_Blue

Will you be needing a suit with that?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Golfers on 13:37 - Oct 16 with 2574 viewsFtnfwest

if you're left handed i've got a load of my dad's old clubs you could make a good set out of
Golfers on 13:56 - Oct 16 with 2549 viewsJakeITFC

https://www.affordablegolf.co.uk/ is alright.

Go into American Golf at Ufford and have a word with them, quite expensive but they know what they're talking about.
Golfers on 14:00 - Oct 16 with 2538 viewsGeoffSentence

Golfers on 13:56 - Oct 16 by JakeITFC

https://www.affordablegolf.co.uk/ is alright.

Go into American Golf at Ufford and have a word with them, quite expensive but they know what they're talking about.

Presumably you can ask them for advice then buy it all off the cheap online link. Best of both worlds.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Golfers on 14:50 - Oct 16 with 2501 viewsWeekender

Are you good/serious about golf or just a now and again hacker?

If the former - get fitted for a set somewhere with expertise, a launch monitor and preferably outdoor range. Well worth any extra expense.

If the latter i've always found www.clubhousegolf.co.uk pretty good.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Golfers on 15:22 - Oct 16 with 2479 viewsblueconscience

For used go to the below

https://www.golfbidder.co.uk

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Golfers on 15:39 - Oct 16 with 2457 viewslazyblue

Go for a fitting as I did this and clubs were perfect otherwise ask at American golf then go on the website golf bidder as you can get everything and sometimes at a much better price.
Login to get fewer ads

Golfers on 15:44 - Oct 16 with 2450 viewsDarth_Koont

I bought my irons on Ebay (admittedly a while back). Brand new and the best price I could get at the time.

Not sure what's available via proper online businesses with their own eCommerce set up but possibly worth checking EBay prices at least.

Of course, easier to get fitted clubs in person and probably from a pro shop too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Golfers on 19:14 - Oct 16 with 2337 viewsstrikalite

I doubt it's the Clubs...

Second hand without a doubt is the way to go..
Golfers on 19:21 - Oct 16 with 2331 viewsReuser_is_God

Golfers on 14:50 - Oct 16 by Weekender

Are you good/serious about golf or just a now and again hacker?

If the former - get fitted for a set somewhere with expertise, a launch monitor and preferably outdoor range. Well worth any extra expense.

If the latter i've always found www.clubhousegolf.co.uk pretty good.

I’m a now & again hacker who is looking to play more & become good.

I’ve not played properly for a decade now but I’ve been up the driving range a fair bit since the Ryder Cup & played 9 holes last weekend.

My aim is to join a club & have my handicap down into the teens in 5 years time.

Evans out

Golfers on 19:21 - Oct 16 with 2328 viewsReuser_is_God

Thanks all.

Evans out

Golfers on 20:25 - Oct 16 with 2295 viewshenley07

Golfers on 15:39 - Oct 16 by lazyblue

Go for a fitting as I did this and clubs were perfect otherwise ask at American golf then go on the website golf bidder as you can get everything and sometimes at a much better price.

Unless your either very short or very tall absolutely no need for faffing around,just find a set you like the feel of,a grip that feels good for you is important.
American golf love their jargon,they bang on about swing plains etc to guys who have just picked up a club for the 1st time.
If your a beginner find a set with a large sweet spot,if you play a bit you know what you need,if like me you used to play off 3 many moons ago you will soon realise that blades are no longer the club of choice!
Are there any Hambro/Stenson has beens like myself on here who played back in mid 90,s to early noughties?
Must be some Felixstowe,Stoke by Nayland,bury,Stowmarket Rookery park guys on here from back in the day?
Golfers on 10:28 - Oct 17 with 2173 viewsCrawfordsboot

Golfbidder is an excellent source. Buy yourself a set of forgiving cavity back clubs. Do not buy blades.
Then the most important bit - do not spend a pile of dosh on a fancy driver - instead spend some money on a series of say five lessons with a golf pro. Go away and practice for two months then have another couple of lessons.

Most golfers spend far too much on a fancy driver for some tiny incremental possible gain when with a single lesson we can make far greater improvement.

Unfortunately it has taken me years to understand this!
Golfers on 11:35 - Oct 17 with 2141 views05Jchamb

Bit off topic but seems like the right place to ask. I've got a couple of weeks off in between jobs and was thinking about trying to learn golf. Have been to a range with mates a couple of times but would be lucky to hit one ball in three and never further than 50 odd yards. I was thinking about booking on to an intensive beginners course where you have about 15 hours coaching over 2-4 days.

Any thoughts on whether this is likely to have much success or if I am wasting my money trying to speed up something that just needs lots of time would be appreciated.

I'm not looking to be any good but would like to be able to play a casual social/work round without embarrassing myself.

Tips or recommendations would be great.

Thanks
Golfers on 11:39 - Oct 17 with 2133 viewsartsbossbeard

Golfers on 11:35 - Oct 17 by 05Jchamb

Bit off topic but seems like the right place to ask. I've got a couple of weeks off in between jobs and was thinking about trying to learn golf. Have been to a range with mates a couple of times but would be lucky to hit one ball in three and never further than 50 odd yards. I was thinking about booking on to an intensive beginners course where you have about 15 hours coaching over 2-4 days.

Any thoughts on whether this is likely to have much success or if I am wasting my money trying to speed up something that just needs lots of time would be appreciated.

I'm not looking to be any good but would like to be able to play a casual social/work round without embarrassing myself.

Tips or recommendations would be great.

Thanks

I don't think that you need to be that extensive with your golfing to be honest.

Just grab an hour or two twice a week with a golf pro and you'll be fine.

Tony @ Stonham Golf is bloody good. Got me striking irons really well and he's patient.

It's all about the routine, the swing and the routine.

Have a couple of lessons, go for a round yourself and then have the a couple more lessons.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024