Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you eat slaughter-free meat? 14:13 - Oct 16 with 8352 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45865403

Well would ya?

All very startrek.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 18:38 - Oct 16 with 2415 viewsJ2BLUE

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 18:29 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

Do you have any idea whether meat from factory farms is safe?

I don't buy factory farmed meat. I don't support factory farming. In general I think it's safe, if inhumane and unnecessary.

There's an article from a vegan who visited a feedlot if you're interested?

Is it really so wrong to question if meat made from feather cells in a lab is safe? I'm merely asking the question, not thrashing the concept.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 18:43 - Oct 16 with 2409 viewsHerbivore

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 18:38 - Oct 16 by J2BLUE

I don't buy factory farmed meat. I don't support factory farming. In general I think it's safe, if inhumane and unnecessary.

There's an article from a vegan who visited a feedlot if you're interested?

Is it really so wrong to question if meat made from feather cells in a lab is safe? I'm merely asking the question, not thrashing the concept.

Well your first post seemed at odds with this more 'wait and see' approach. There's no reason why it shouldn't be safe, it'd be governed by the same regulatory framework as regular meat.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 18:43 - Oct 16 with 2404 viewsMullet

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:35 - Oct 16 by caught-in-limbo

No chance.

I can't think of a form of food supply more open to abuse. Totalitarian.

McFlurries?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 18:44 - Oct 16 with 2401 viewsJ2BLUE

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 18:43 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

Well your first post seemed at odds with this more 'wait and see' approach. There's no reason why it shouldn't be safe, it'd be governed by the same regulatory framework as regular meat.

When I said rather not bother I meant with meat in general. I don't eat much of it and would rarely miss it.

Truly impaired.

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 18:59 - Oct 16 with 2392 viewsHerbivore

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 18:44 - Oct 16 by J2BLUE

When I said rather not bother I meant with meat in general. I don't eat much of it and would rarely miss it.

Fair dos.

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 09:39 - Oct 17 with 2327 viewsStokieBlue

This has been under development for a while, it's all about scale and therefore price. If it can be done on a big enough scale then the price will fall and it will become mainstream.

Also means you can eat literally any animal you want as long as a cell culture is available - elephant carpaccio starters with seared dolphin steaks to become the norm.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 11:29 - Oct 17 with 2320 viewsBlueBadger

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 16:00 - Oct 16 by caught-in-limbo

I know that eating a pig, cow or chicken that has been made by parent pigs, cows and chickens will always be safe to eat if they have been fed and reared well.

I don't have the same confidence about meat grown in a lab by scientists.

Something grown under lab conditions will, by it's very nature have been raised in a sterile environment...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 11:32 - Oct 17 with 2317 viewscaught-in-limbo

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 11:29 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

Something grown under lab conditions will, by it's very nature have been raised in a sterile environment...

I'm not talking about hygiene.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 11:44 - Oct 17 with 2309 viewsHerbivore

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 11:32 - Oct 17 by caught-in-limbo

I'm not talking about hygiene.

So what are you talking about?

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 12:06 - Oct 17 with 2299 viewsmonytowbray

I know that eating a pig, cow or chicken that has been made by parent pigs, cows and chickens will always be safe to eat if they have been fed and reared well.

This is the sort of lack-of-awareness at best, or ignorance at worst, that is why so many animals around the world are living lives of suffering and dying in hideous ways in the millions every day.

Soy based fake meat product - "EWWW THAT'S DISGUSTING".
Mixture of unidentifiable animal parts such as b0llocks and eyeballs ground up, mixed with god knows how many preservatives, flavourings and colourings then pressed into a friendly shape - "UMMMM DELICIOUS".

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? (n/t) on 12:07 - Oct 17 with 2299 viewsmonytowbray

[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 12:09]

TWTD never forgets…

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 12:10 - Oct 17 with 2294 viewsmonytowbray

In theory, if the source to grow the meat was ethical, it would be a vegan product.

Also, +1 to eating humans, so long as they are free range organic humans that are slaughtered ethically.

TWTD never forgets…

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 13:14 - Oct 17 with 2272 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 13:19 - Oct 17 with 2263 viewsJ2BLUE

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 12:06 - Oct 17 by monytowbray

This is the sort of lack-of-awareness at best, or ignorance at worst, that is why so many animals around the world are living lives of suffering and dying in hideous ways in the millions every day.

Soy based fake meat product - "EWWW THAT'S DISGUSTING".
Mixture of unidentifiable animal parts such as b0llocks and eyeballs ground up, mixed with god knows how many preservatives, flavourings and colourings then pressed into a friendly shape - "UMMMM DELICIOUS".

CIL has spoken about where she sources her meat many time. It doesn't sound as if she's eating mechanically recovered 'turkey' twizzlers.

Truly impaired.

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 13:26 - Oct 17 with 2254 viewsJ2BLUE

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 12:10 - Oct 17 by monytowbray

In theory, if the source to grow the meat was ethical, it would be a vegan product.

Also, +1 to eating humans, so long as they are free range organic humans that are slaughtered ethically.

I on't think your argument about humans stacks up. Humans are not a natural part of the human diet. Humans have been eating meat for a massive part of our history. You don't see lions eating other lions or wolves eating other wolves either. Although a good vegan diet probably can give you everything you need you have to admit it's a lot of work and has to be monitored carefully. It would be much simpler to eat quality meat to get nutrients like B12, iron, much more useable omega 3 etc. Omega 3 is a good example. O3 from animal sources is very useable where as ALA has a very poor conversion rate to EPA/DHA. IMO the issue isn't black and white. I massively respect your stance and don't ask you to respect mine. I'll always oppose factory farming and if people want to eat less meat that's brilliant for the environment.

Truly impaired.

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 13:31 - Oct 17 with 2246 viewsEireannach_gorm

Is slaughter-free meat not road kill?
Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:10 - Oct 17 with 2232 viewsmonytowbray

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 13:31 - Oct 17 by Eireannach_gorm

Is slaughter-free meat not road kill?

Eating animals that died of natural causes is probably as close to vegan you can get without actually being vegan.

TWTD never forgets…

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:27 - Oct 17 with 2211 viewscaught-in-limbo

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 11:44 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

So what are you talking about?

I don't believe that meat, which is the result of millions of years of evolution, can be reproduced in a lab with identical results in taste, texture, nutrients and health benefits. I don't trust the intentions of those claiming to be able to grow "meat" in labs. Sorry.

#toxic

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:28 - Oct 17 with 2209 viewsHerbivore

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:27 - Oct 17 by caught-in-limbo

I don't believe that meat, which is the result of millions of years of evolution, can be reproduced in a lab with identical results in taste, texture, nutrients and health benefits. I don't trust the intentions of those claiming to be able to grow "meat" in labs. Sorry.

Right.

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:34 - Oct 17 with 2206 viewscaught-in-limbo

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 13:19 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

CIL has spoken about where she sources her meat many time. It doesn't sound as if she's eating mechanically recovered 'turkey' twizzlers.

Thanks J2, you're spot on. It's worth pointing out that it's much easier to access the fresh foods (vegetables, fruit and meat) here than in the UK both because of availability and general food culture.

#toxic

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:37 - Oct 17 with 2203 viewscaught-in-limbo

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:28 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Right.

Food producers, especially those in the US have a history of putting profits above consumer health. I don't see why I should start trusting them now.

#toxic

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:43 - Oct 17 with 2196 viewsDanTheMan

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:34 - Oct 17 by caught-in-limbo

Thanks J2, you're spot on. It's worth pointing out that it's much easier to access the fresh foods (vegetables, fruit and meat) here than in the UK both because of availability and general food culture.

I dunno, I just don't think people look very hard and don't like the inconvenience of maybe having to go to more than just one place.

Lovely little farm shop near me and he orders the meat in as well for you if you ask.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:55 - Oct 17 with 2180 viewsHerbivore

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:37 - Oct 17 by caught-in-limbo

Food producers, especially those in the US have a history of putting profits above consumer health. I don't see why I should start trusting them now.

Then don't.

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:56 - Oct 17 with 2172 viewsStokieBlue

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:27 - Oct 17 by caught-in-limbo

Really?

It's a natural process which should be explainable by science given time. Once something is explainable it can be reproducible given time, research and knowledge.

There is no reason why, given research and time the two forms of meat would be indistinguishable, in fact there wouldn't be two forms of meat, there would just be meat.

Not trusting the intentions is different to being able to reproduce identical meat.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 16:17 - Oct 17 with 2158 viewscaught-in-limbo

Would you eat slaughter-free meat? on 15:43 - Oct 17 by DanTheMan

I dunno, I just don't think people look very hard and don't like the inconvenience of maybe having to go to more than just one place.

Lovely little farm shop near me and he orders the meat in as well for you if you ask.

I'm sure it's possible over there. There is a different attitude towards food out here though. In the 17 years I've been here teaching adults in company, I've never known anybody to have lunch at their desk, not even once.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024