Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any other tinnitus suffers on here 08:14 - Oct 17 with 3948 viewsKeno

Ive got appointment with a consultant this afternoon to get mine checked out

Its very annoying, that the tinnitus not the appointment

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:19 - Oct 17 with 3932 viewsWeWereZombies

Lucky you, still waiting for my appointment.

Btw, it's not tinnitus. Phil and Gav have found a way of putting the voices of all the other TWTD'ers online into our heads.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:21 - Oct 17 with 3925 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hell yes.......and you don't get used to it and learn to block it out!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:25 - Oct 17 with 3917 viewsblueislander

Fingers crssed that it isn't . I understand that it is a miserable thing to have.
Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:38 - Oct 17 with 3894 viewsKeno

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:25 - Oct 17 by blueislander

Fingers crssed that it isn't . I understand that it is a miserable thing to have.

I have a whistling noise in my left ear which there nearly all the time, sometimes a lot louder than others!!

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:51 - Oct 17 with 3865 viewsWeWereZombies

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:38 - Oct 17 by Keno

I have a whistling noise in my left ear which there nearly all the time, sometimes a lot louder than others!!

Just the one noise... part-timer.

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:52 - Oct 17 with 3863 viewsVic

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:38 - Oct 17 by Keno

There is a cure for left ear whistling Keno. Get her to sit on your right side.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:56 - Oct 17 with 3856 viewsKeno

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:51 - Oct 17 by WeWereZombies

Just the one noise... part-timer.

I'm new to this, give me tine!!

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 09:09 - Oct 17 with 3821 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:56 - Oct 17 by Keno

I'm new to this, give me tine!!

Here is a chap from the BBC to explain....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 09:09 - Oct 17 with 3819 viewsBluish

I suffer with tinnitus and have done for some time, compounded by playing in and watching loud bands over the years plus some hereditary hearing loss. I opted to buy in the ear canal hearing aids some 8 years ago and it made a world of difference to me, cancelling out the tinnitus now that I could hear what I wanted to hear, if that makes sense.
Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 09:19 - Oct 17 with 3796 viewsclive_baker

Not tinnitus, but on a similar note I recently went to a place called Hearology in my lunch break (I believe they've got one at Liverpool Street too), where I paid about £60 and they serviced my Britney Spears. I can't explain how much of a difference it made. I felt like I could hear little sounds that I hadn't heard for years. Just generally felt a lot better too, clearer head, better balance.

Went off the back of a recommendation and was thoroughly impressed.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 09:21 - Oct 17 with 3796 viewsjontysnut

I had sudden hearing loss in my right ear about 10 years ago. Hearing replaced by tinnitus. A high pitched whistle and a sound like rope banging on a yachts mast. It gets worse in loud places. A little background noise eg radio on low helps when it's particularly bad. You and others have my sympathies.
Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 09:26 - Oct 17 with 3778 viewsSitfcB

Yep, had it maybe 10 years now.

Just suddenly came about, along with hearing loss in right ear. Very annoying at first but have learnt to live with it, it’s constantly there but don’t realise unless I concentrate on it. Sometimes really prominent when trying to get to sleep.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 10:15 - Oct 17 with 3740 viewsNo9

I've had it all my life.
The advice I got was to play music via headphones
Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 10:44 - Oct 17 with 3718 viewsDurovigutum

Always had a sore left ear when tired and about five years ago that turned into tinnitus - a constant high pitched buzz, like a high voltage power line in the rain. I can ignore it 95% of the time (although not now I'm thinking about it) but it undoubtedly has made me more tired, I think because my subconscious brain has to filter the noise all of the time.
Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 10:50 - Oct 17 with 3708 viewsThrobbe

Top tip from your uncle Throbbe.

If you are assessed by a very attractive lady in her late 20's DON'T pathetically try to act cool by telling her how it's probably from spending too much time playing guitar in bands in front of a couple of 4x12 cabs.

There is a slight but very real danger that she will then show you the test results, point out the areas of the response graph that would have been affected by that, before showing you the area of the graph where your issue is, explaining slowly and carefully that this sort of degredation is associated with ageing.

That would be really, excruciatingly, embarrassing. Probably.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 10:50 - Oct 17 with 3706 viewsBenters2

Pardon?
Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 11:09 - Oct 17 with 3681 viewsSwansea_Blue

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 10:50 - Oct 17 by Throbbe

Top tip from your uncle Throbbe.

If you are assessed by a very attractive lady in her late 20's DON'T pathetically try to act cool by telling her how it's probably from spending too much time playing guitar in bands in front of a couple of 4x12 cabs.

There is a slight but very real danger that she will then show you the test results, point out the areas of the response graph that would have been affected by that, before showing you the area of the graph where your issue is, explaining slowly and carefully that this sort of degredation is associated with ageing.

That would be really, excruciatingly, embarrassing. Probably.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 11:36 - Oct 17 with 3654 viewsKeno

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 10:50 - Oct 17 by Benters2

Pardon?

half past 3

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 11:42 - Oct 17 with 3642 viewsBlueinBrum

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 09:26 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

Yep, had it maybe 10 years now.

Just suddenly came about, along with hearing loss in right ear. Very annoying at first but have learnt to live with it, it’s constantly there but don’t realise unless I concentrate on it. Sometimes really prominent when trying to get to sleep.

Similar symptoms here for years, except more prominent in my left ear. Went to the docs several years ago, had hearing tests & MRI scan and they basically said get used to it, there's nothing we can realistically do. They reckon it was too many nights out featuring ridiculous soundsystems in a short space of time that did it the damage! Rave safe kids.

Unfortunate to have it but fortunate that it's not bad enough to really impede my day-to-day life. Gets worse when i'm particularly tired or stressed.
Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 11:50 - Oct 17 with 3631 viewsBluebell

Sorry to hear about that Keno.

My mum had it and I know what she went through. There is no cure but you can minimise the noise by having hearing aids. She never got on with them but my friend who also had it at a very early age finds them really helpful. In her case it was interferring with her work and make it difficult to hear people talking to her.

I hope, for your sake, it is something else and can be cured. You may just have an ear infection.
Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 12:04 - Oct 17 with 3614 viewsKeno

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 11:50 - Oct 17 by Bluebell

Sorry to hear about that Keno.

My mum had it and I know what she went through. There is no cure but you can minimise the noise by having hearing aids. She never got on with them but my friend who also had it at a very early age finds them really helpful. In her case it was interferring with her work and make it difficult to hear people talking to her.

I hope, for your sake, it is something else and can be cured. You may just have an ear infection.

Thanks BB

Ii not an infection, been there a while and may linked to having a nose broken a couple of times and the blocking the sinus on my left side.

Or I'm getting old

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:55 - Oct 18 with 3451 viewsWeWereZombies

How did it go?

on 09:24 - Oct 18 with 3432 views_

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 10:19 - Oct 18 with 3406 viewsKeno

Any other tinnitus suffers on here on 08:55 - Oct 18 by WeWereZombies

How did it go?

Much as I expected

At stage they want to do a head case but dont think it will show anything so I just have to live with it

all very annoying

Doc said avoid stress, so I will ignore anything Calls posts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024