Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an 09:10 - Oct 17 with 7810 viewsnsblu1

atmosphere.

I'm sure i'll get shot down for this, but I do find it frustrating that we have so many fans that frequent the NSL but have zero intention of trying to generate an atmosphere or join in with others that are trying.

My tin hat is now on so fire away.
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:14 - Oct 17 with 5009 viewsclive_baker

Don't let it worry you old bean.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:17 - Oct 17 with 4998 viewsReuser_is_God

Totally agree.

So many people go in there because ‘it’s noisy’ but don’t actually make any noise.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:26 - Oct 17 with 4972 viewsBlueWharf

I'm more annoyed that flags get in my way of seeing the players come out, to be honest.

Have these flags been tested for fire safety?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 9:27]
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:33 - Oct 17 with 4946 viewsclive_baker

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:26 - Oct 17 by BlueWharf

I'm more annoyed that flags get in my way of seeing the players come out, to be honest.

Have these flags been tested for fire safety?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 9:27]

Such a Fulham supporter comment.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:36 - Oct 17 with 4936 viewsSW17Blue

I get the point being made here. We do have a poor atmosphere and it would be hard to create one if there are people interspersed who don't add to it. A bit like putting a Claude Makelele player in there to break up the atmosphere!!

There are lots of other areas in the ground where you wouldn't have to be bothered by noisy people so should move there. It's not as if someone from NSL would turn up in the Pioneer and start making a din and standing up so the reverse should also be afforded by those in the NSL not contributing!
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:36 - Oct 17 with 4935 viewsloyalblue

Oh great this again, someone trying to tell us we have to behave in a certain way if we sit in the NSL
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:38 - Oct 17 with 4916 viewsloyalblue

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:36 - Oct 17 by SW17Blue

I get the point being made here. We do have a poor atmosphere and it would be hard to create one if there are people interspersed who don't add to it. A bit like putting a Claude Makelele player in there to break up the atmosphere!!

There are lots of other areas in the ground where you wouldn't have to be bothered by noisy people so should move there. It's not as if someone from NSL would turn up in the Pioneer and start making a din and standing up so the reverse should also be afforded by those in the NSL not contributing!

Do you even go to the games to comment on the atmosphere?
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:41 - Oct 17 with 4906 viewsBlueWharf

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:33 - Oct 17 by clive_baker

Such a Fulham supporter comment.

All about safety these days. I'm glad they remove the dangerous lids off the bottle tops before sale. The lids are extremely sharp and can be used to create serious harm.
Login to get fewer ads

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:44 - Oct 17 with 4892 viewsKieran_Knows

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:41 - Oct 17 by BlueWharf

All about safety these days. I'm glad they remove the dangerous lids off the bottle tops before sale. The lids are extremely sharp and can be used to create serious harm.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:47 - Oct 17 with 4883 viewsnsblu1

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:36 - Oct 17 by SW17Blue

Well put sir
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:47 - Oct 17 with 4881 viewsnsblu1

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:36 - Oct 17 by loyalblue

Oh great this again, someone trying to tell us we have to behave in a certain way if we sit in the NSL

Where do you sit/stand out of interest?
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:50 - Oct 17 with 4870 viewsloyalblue

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:47 - Oct 17 by nsblu1

Where do you sit/stand out of interest?

I stand in the NSL and I also sing, i just don't feel the need to tell others how to behave just because they sit in the same area
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:56 - Oct 17 with 4859 viewsBurwell_Blue

Not everyone wants to jump around like a chimp and shout like they are uneducated.

Any room for me under that hat?
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:58 - Oct 17 with 4854 viewsnsblu1

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:56 - Oct 17 by Burwell_Blue

Not everyone wants to jump around like a chimp and shout like they are uneducated.

Any room for me under that hat?

No, sounds like you are on the other side of the argument so get your own hat......
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:27 - Oct 17 with 4802 viewsmaccyd9

I'd personally ban women and anyone below 18 or over 65 from the NSL.

Women squeak, under 18's won't be drinking (legally) therefore won't be in the spirit and over 65's just get tired by 10 minutes in and want to sit down.
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:33 - Oct 17 with 4792 viewsnsblu1

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:50 - Oct 17 by loyalblue

I stand in the NSL and I also sing, i just don't feel the need to tell others how to behave just because they sit in the same area

I've not told others, simply stated it frustrates me... So get off your high horse, you sound like a corbynite
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:37 - Oct 17 with 4783 viewsBenters2

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:27 - Oct 17 by maccyd9

Women squeak, under 18's won't be drinking (legally) therefore won't be in the spirit and over 65's just get tired by 10 minutes in and want to sit down.

Blimey
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:40 - Oct 17 with 4772 viewsloyalblue

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:27 - Oct 17 by maccyd9

What would Banner Boy do, doesn't he go with his mum?
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:43 - Oct 17 with 4758 viewsBenters2

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:40 - Oct 17 by loyalblue

So does everybody else 🤪
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 11:12 - Oct 17 with 4703 viewsSwansea_Blue

Maybe they're just trying to see? Or mutes?

The more I think about it (not too much though), you're probably being mutist.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 11:15 - Oct 17 with 4690 viewsFreddiesearsismagic

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:40 - Oct 17 by loyalblue

You seem obsessed with me... do you want to meet up for an autograph?
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 11:18 - Oct 17 with 4680 viewsloyalblue

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 11:15 - Oct 17 by Freddiesearsismagic

i'll give it a miss thanks
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 11:33 - Oct 17 with 4653 viewsthefirmreturns

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 11:15 - Oct 17 by Freddiesearsismagic

Would your sister be there? 👀
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 11:50 - Oct 17 with 4615 viewsBlueBadger

Incoming...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 12:05 - Oct 17 with 4581 viewsSouperJim

Seems a mute point as we don't fill the stand? If all fans who don't meet your required level of atmosphere generation were removed, you be left with the stand perhaps 25% full.

You also seem to be missing the fact that many fans will join in when the team are playing well, yet struggle to scream their lungs out for 90 minutes when we're a bit pants. It's very tough to generate noise when the team aren't playing well, as most people don't particularly feel like singing. If you're able to do this then great, but you will never ever fill the north stand with enough fans who have the same attitude.

My personal favourite is when a superfan decides to scream at the rest of us for not singing enough. Because nothing improves the atmosphere like having a go at your fellow supporters.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024