Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an 09:10 - Oct 17 with 7809 viewsnsblu1

atmosphere.

I'm sure i'll get shot down for this, but I do find it frustrating that we have so many fans that frequent the NSL but have zero intention of trying to generate an atmosphere or join in with others that are trying.

My tin hat is now on so fire away.
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 12:35 - Oct 17 with 1597 viewstextbackup

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:26 - Oct 17 by BlueWharf

I'm more annoyed that flags get in my way of seeing the players come out, to be honest.

Have these flags been tested for fire safety?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 9:27]

All carry the correct fire certification

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

People should..... on 12:47 - Oct 17 with 1573 viewsBloots

...be able to do whatever they want.

It's got sod all to do with anyone else.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

People should..... on 12:49 - Oct 17 with 1571 viewstextbackup

People should..... on 12:47 - Oct 17 by Bloots

Completely agree, hate it when women or middle aged men complain about my drunken singing/swearing at away games. Wronguns

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

People should..... on 12:55 - Oct 17 with 1559 viewsloyalblue

People should..... on 12:47 - Oct 17 by Bloots

Agreed, does annoy me when people moan about the atmosphere when they are sat on their sofa in London eating Gail's and can't be bothered to travel back to games but call themselves fans ...........
Exactly.... on 12:56 - Oct 17 with 1562 viewsBloots

People should..... on 12:49 - Oct 17 by textbackup

Completely agree, hate it when women or middle aged men complain about my drunken singing/swearing at away games. Wronguns

.....each to their own.

I had some daft old bint moan at me at QPR last year.

"Sit down, your drunk"

I reminded her that in the morning I'd be sober, but that she'd still be a whiny old tart.

I have no idea about this.... on 12:57 - Oct 17 with 1549 viewsBloots

People should..... on 12:55 - Oct 17 by loyalblue

Agreed, does annoy me when people moan about the atmosphere when they are sat on their sofa in London eating Gail's and can't be bothered to travel back to games but call themselves fans ...........

...."joke" you are trying to get going.

Exactly.... on 12:58 - Oct 17 with 1544 viewsPJH

Exactly.... on 12:56 - Oct 17 by Bloots

.....each to their own.

I had some daft old bint moan at me at QPR last year.

"Sit down, your drunk"

I reminded her that in the morning I'd be sober, but that she'd still be a whiny old tart.

If only Winston Churchill could have come up with a quote something like that.
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:01 - Oct 17 with 1538 viewsnsblu1

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 12:05 - Oct 17 by SouperJim

Seems a mute point as we don't fill the stand? If all fans who don't meet your required level of atmosphere generation were removed, you be left with the stand perhaps 25% full.

You also seem to be missing the fact that many fans will join in when the team are playing well, yet struggle to scream their lungs out for 90 minutes when we're a bit pants. It's very tough to generate noise when the team aren't playing well, as most people don't particularly feel like singing. If you're able to do this then great, but you will never ever fill the north stand with enough fans who have the same attitude.

My personal favourite is when a superfan decides to scream at the rest of us for not singing enough. Because nothing improves the atmosphere like having a go at your fellow supporters.

*Moot point.....

The stand doesn't fill to capacity on many/any occasions recently you are correct. But when it is at it average occupancy there are those who want to generate an atmosphere to pull the team through a slump or tough point in a game, but they are often surrounded by many who don't and therefore other like minded fans spread out across the stand so it becomes impossible for them to harness anything as it just falls down before it can get started.

Basically what you have described yourself as being is the type of fan that this post relates to, only willing or prepared to sing when the team are doing well, clap along etc etc.... If that is the case why not sit in the upper, or the SAR if you like a behind goal view.. You'll be able to sit and rest your weary body as well as not strain your voice.
Login to get fewer ads

He got it from me.... on 13:01 - Oct 17 with 1538 viewsBloots

Exactly.... on 12:58 - Oct 17 by PJH

If only Winston Churchill could have come up with a quote something like that.

....I'm really old.

People should..... on 13:02 - Oct 17 with 1535 viewsnsblu1

People should..... on 12:49 - Oct 17 by textbackup

This
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:16 - Oct 17 with 1517 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm actually with the OP. I don't sing at football, i've never felt any desire to and for that reason i've never sat in the NSL.

I think it's fair enough to suggest people respect that it's an area for people who want to help create an atmosphere. People go in there to be close to the atmosphere but who don't sing are just diluting the atmosphere for the entire stadium.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:17 - Oct 17 with 1506 viewsCurrie10

Correct.
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:23 - Oct 17 with 1499 viewsnsblu1

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:16 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

I'm actually with the OP. I don't sing at football, i've never felt any desire to and for that reason i've never sat in the NSL.

I think it's fair enough to suggest people respect that it's an area for people who want to help create an atmosphere. People go in there to be close to the atmosphere but who don't sing are just diluting the atmosphere for the entire stadium.

Well put
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:27 - Oct 17 with 1489 viewsBenters2

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:16 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

Was the new NS there then 😇
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:29 - Oct 17 with 1483 viewsJ2BLUE

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:27 - Oct 17 by Benters2

Was the new NS there then 😇

Ha yes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:30 - Oct 17 with 1484 viewsSouperJim

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:01 - Oct 17 by nsblu1

*Moot point.....

The stand doesn't fill to capacity on many/any occasions recently you are correct. But when it is at it average occupancy there are those who want to generate an atmosphere to pull the team through a slump or tough point in a game, but they are often surrounded by many who don't and therefore other like minded fans spread out across the stand so it becomes impossible for them to harness anything as it just falls down before it can get started.

Basically what you have described yourself as being is the type of fan that this post relates to, only willing or prepared to sing when the team are doing well, clap along etc etc.... If that is the case why not sit in the upper, or the SAR if you like a behind goal view.. You'll be able to sit and rest your weary body as well as not strain your voice.

Thanks for that spelling police, an ellipsis has three periods btw.

You can choose where to sit, if you are frustrated that your fellow superfans are all spread out, why not do something about it (as others have done) rather than p!ss and moan about what other fans choose to do?

I would consider myself a more noisy/supportive fan than most around me, but unlike you I understand crowd behaviour somewhat and respect their right to choose when and how often they open their gob.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:41 - Oct 17 with 1463 viewssotd78

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:01 - Oct 17 by nsblu1

*Moot point.....

Write to the Club. Suggest they designate an area of the ground that can be walk up sit anywhere. Perhaps Cobbold A.
Section Six can stay where they are. The dozen or so of you that can be bothered to sing all game long can get all your mates and go in the sit anywhere location. You could even have a flag to drape over the empty seats and a drum kit or two. The club might even let you leave that in the ground permanent like?
Have fun!

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:42 - Oct 17 with 1462 viewsnsblu1

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:30 - Oct 17 by SouperJim

Thanks for that spelling police, an ellipsis has three periods btw.

You can choose where to sit, if you are frustrated that your fellow superfans are all spread out, why not do something about it (as others have done) rather than p!ss and moan about what other fans choose to do?

I would consider myself a more noisy/supportive fan than most around me, but unlike you I understand crowd behaviour somewhat and respect their right to choose when and how often they open their gob.

Rattled much
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:46 - Oct 17 with 1455 viewsBannerBoysMum

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:40 - Oct 17 by loyalblue

What would Banner Boy do, doesn't he go with his mum?

Don't get me involved.
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:48 - Oct 17 with 1450 viewsSouperJim

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:42 - Oct 17 by nsblu1

Rattled much

Oh dear, you were doing quite well there for a time

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:52 - Oct 17 with 1434 viewsBenters2

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:29 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

Ha yes.

Good man
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 14:02 - Oct 17 with 1426 views44_not_out

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 09:36 - Oct 17 by loyalblue

Oh great this again, someone trying to tell us we have to behave in a certain way if we sit in the NSL

Agree

It seems that if we don’t act in a certain way or carry the same option as the vocal minority, all of a sudden I’m not a real fan.

Last season, it was you must hate MM and agree that the football is rubbish (we won our first 4 games btw)
This season it’s, Paul Hurst is the young hungry manager we all wanted and he will get it right eventually.
Reading this, it appears I must sing for 90 minutes the three songs we have (two of them stolen from Crystal Palace).

Being a football fan used to be so much easier! And yes, before you all question me, I do go to every home match!
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 14:10 - Oct 17 with 1417 viewsnsblu1

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 14:02 - Oct 17 by 44_not_out

Agree

It seems that if we don’t act in a certain way or carry the same option as the vocal minority, all of a sudden I’m not a real fan.

Last season, it was you must hate MM and agree that the football is rubbish (we won our first 4 games btw)
This season it’s, Paul Hurst is the young hungry manager we all wanted and he will get it right eventually.
Reading this, it appears I must sing for 90 minutes the three songs we have (two of them stolen from Crystal Palace).

Being a football fan used to be so much easier! And yes, before you all question me, I do go to every home match!

Who has suggested your not a real fan just because you don't sing?
It's been said that the NSL is recognised as the area that looks to generate atmosphere, simply put I don't understand why people choose to sit/stand there if they don't wish to contribute, that does not bring into question from me your status as a 'real' fan.
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 14:57 - Oct 17 with 1387 views44_not_out

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 14:10 - Oct 17 by nsblu1

Who has suggested your not a real fan just because you don't sing?
It's been said that the NSL is recognised as the area that looks to generate atmosphere, simply put I don't understand why people choose to sit/stand there if they don't wish to contribute, that does not bring into question from me your status as a 'real' fan.

I take your point and see what you’re saying
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 16:39 - Oct 17 with 1352 viewsMonkey

This thread seems to be turning in to a slagging off section a little but i feel the point is completely valid.

I have a season ticket in the lower north and i want to sing for as much of the 90 mins as possible but when i join in chants and no one round me does the enthusiasm soon dies off.

Maybe an unwritten rule needs to be spread where if you want to sing sit lower in the stand/higher in the stand and vice versa for those who just want to be there?

Yes the atmosphere is crap and people can say that all they want but without agreeing to some type of change then its never going to improve. Instead of calling people armchair fans, saying they can sit where and getting on their high horses or calling everyone who sings rowdy and drunk we should try and do something useful?

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024