Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an 09:10 - Oct 17 with 7768 viewsnsblu1

atmosphere.

I'm sure i'll get shot down for this, but I do find it frustrating that we have so many fans that frequent the NSL but have zero intention of trying to generate an atmosphere or join in with others that are trying.

My tin hat is now on so fire away.
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 16:56 - Oct 17 with 1163 viewsSouperJim

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 16:39 - Oct 17 by Monkey

This thread seems to be turning in to a slagging off section a little but i feel the point is completely valid.

I have a season ticket in the lower north and i want to sing for as much of the 90 mins as possible but when i join in chants and no one round me does the enthusiasm soon dies off.

Maybe an unwritten rule needs to be spread where if you want to sing sit lower in the stand/higher in the stand and vice versa for those who just want to be there?

Yes the atmosphere is crap and people can say that all they want but without agreeing to some type of change then its never going to improve. Instead of calling people armchair fans, saying they can sit where and getting on their high horses or calling everyone who sings rowdy and drunk we should try and do something useful?

Yes the point is somewhat valid, but as has been pointed out already, what you're asking for already exists. Section 6 have been going for yonks, then there's the guys who recently started the thing down the front of Section 5 (not sure if they have an official name) with their banners etc.

We all want a better atmosphere, but suggesting as the OP did that anyone who isn't prepared to make an effort needs to move to other stands/tiers is just trolling.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 17:46 - Oct 17 with 1133 viewsjaykay

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:27 - Oct 17 by maccyd9

I'd personally ban women and anyone below 18 or over 65 from the NSL.

Women squeak, under 18's won't be drinking (legally) therefore won't be in the spirit and over 65's just get tired by 10 minutes in and want to sit down.

yeah ban them over 65, they must be worn out marauding all over europe supporting the town,when most on here were not even a twinkle in their fathers eye or were in short trousers running after the ice cream van.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 18:09 - Oct 17 with 1112 viewsfabian_illness

I totally agree, there are some right miserable so and so’s in the north lower.
I’m not much of a singer but my own personal way of raising the atmosphere is to stand on my chair, drop my pants and trousers and do my helicopter impression whilst shouting I. T. F. C.
All I get is tutting and derogatory comments.
I accidentally knocked the lady in fronts hat off a couple of weeks ago and she lashed out with a rolled up copy of the East Anglian. Totally out of order.
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 19:12 - Oct 17 with 1096 viewsBlue_Order

Aye, it’s so frustrating. I don’t get why you’d choose to stand in the NSL if you don’t want to contribute to the atmosphere. It’s not like you can go in there to just ‘experience’ the atmosphere either, because there’s so many that don’t sing that there barely ever is one.

This is why we started Blue Action, to try and get the people that do want to sing the whole game all together, rather than dotted around the stand as it is at the moment.
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 14:12 - Oct 18 with 1021 viewsCurrie10

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 10:27 - Oct 17 by maccyd9

Women squeak, under 18's won't be drinking (legally) therefore won't be in the spirit and over 65's just get tired by 10 minutes in and want to sit down.

Depends who says what on here.

If Benters said the same he'd be called X Y Z
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 14:27 - Oct 18 with 1011 viewshammo56

As an old un in the NSL perhaps some of our younger fans could at first learn to sing the same song altogether to improve the atmosphere?
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 15:16 - Oct 18 with 990 viewsWickets

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 13:42 - Oct 17 by nsblu1

Rattled much

And this is the reply from someone who is having a go at a Town fan!!
Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 15:27 - Oct 18 with 984 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Ahh the NSL, the one working speaker at PR where no one has to sit be because we are 'hardcore'. Regular rules don't apply to us innit?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Login to get fewer ads

on 15:40 - Oct 18 with 977 views_

Standing in the NSL but not actively contributing to generating an on 15:27 - Oct 18 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Ahh the NSL, the one working speaker at PR where no one has to sit be because we are 'hardcore'. Regular rules don't apply to us innit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024