Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Test Drive Subject to Status" 09:54 - Oct 17 with 581 viewsuefacup81

I'm looking to test drive a few new cars in advance of a possible purchase, and I keep seeing this phrase pop up - most recently in connection with a 48hr test drive being offered by Ford.

Never having done a dealer test drive before, what precisely does this mean? Will they want to see proof that I can afford the car before giving me the time of day? How would this be done?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

"Test Drive Subject to Status" on 10:03 - Oct 17 with 560 viewsNo9

If you have an exceptionally bad credit history and have been done for car theft they may say "sorry but No"
"Test Drive Subject to Status" on 10:06 - Oct 17 with 556 viewsskyblue23

I used to be a salesman at Nissan in Colchester and we offered 48 hour test drives on the Nissan Leaf at the time, but we didn't do anything other than get you on our insurance and take a copy of your driving licence.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did make sure you could afford it as I had one guy who lived in Clacton take the car and refuse to give it back, therefore ending up driving around Clacton looking out for the car as he wasn't at home and come across him at a crossroads, pulled in front of the car and made him get out and got my colleague to drive it back. Maybe they're a bit more clued up than Nissan were haha!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024