Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The alleged rumours and disharmony 09:57 - Oct 17 with 3451 viewshype313

We have heard lots of things over the past few weeks about people being upset at the current regime.

However, I was in play 2 day at Martlesham the other day with my toddler and I had a very nice chat with Toto Nslia for about half an hour as we were the only one's in there, firstly what a lovely bloke he is, talked about the season so far, how knackered he and Chambo were after Swansea, apparently on average they run 5-6k a game as CB and they both ran 10-11k as Swansea were excellent in creating triangles and dummy runners. He said they feel collectively that they are not a million miles away and have been unlucky, he did say he felt that the strikers have been isolated a little, but with Huws and Dozzer coming back into play it should help create more of a link between the middle and up top.

Regarding training, he said it's exhausting, however, Chambers has admitted that he is in the best shape of his life, it all sounded a bit pedestrian under Mick, and he got the impression that Mick had his favourites, something Husrt is against, if you put the effort in you will play, regardless of age, also training was far less intense and as frequent as it is now.

He did say Hurst and Doig have exceptionally high standards and if you don't put the effort in then they won't be shy about letting you know, however, he said regardless of the step above from Shrewsbury, he really likes working under Hurst, also loves living in the area, Nolan has struggled to settle a little bit though.

As much as he's not going to say anything too derogatory if that were the case, I genuinely think the spirit is decent, and it's just been a huge change from management style from Mick to Hurst.

I was firmly thinking Hurst should go a week or so back, but now I'm thinking let's give him some more time from that conversation.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 10:41 - Oct 17 with 3345 viewsPendejo

He's played you. Huws and fitness were the giveaway. Just that little codes message that tells you everything else to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Modern day nudge nudge wink wimk.

However, oh has had been honest and sincere here's to improvement in the weeks ahead. Oh and some goal threat from Huws.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 11:01 - Oct 17 with 3308 viewsDublinBlue84

So what you're saying, is a player who is close to Hurst, who played for Hurst at a previous club, and was signed by Hurst here, is loyal to Hurst?

I mean, really, what do you expect him to say?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 11:29 - Oct 17 with 3227 viewsNo9

The MM regime had to change
PH has time
Good your toddler got to meet a pro footballer
The alleged rumours and disharmony on 11:48 - Oct 17 with 3169 viewshype313

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 11:01 - Oct 17 by DublinBlue84

So what you're saying, is a player who is close to Hurst, who played for Hurst at a previous club, and was signed by Hurst here, is loyal to Hurst?

I mean, really, what do you expect him to say?

Calm down dear, just thought I'd inform people of a nice conversation about various things about the club.

As I quite clearly stated in my OP "As much as he's not going to say anything too derogatory"

Simple to find, if you just read the whole piece.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 11:55 - Oct 17 with 3144 viewsBluebell

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 10:41 - Oct 17 by Pendejo

He's played you. Huws and fitness were the giveaway. Just that little codes message that tells you everything else to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Modern day nudge nudge wink wimk.

However, oh has had been honest and sincere here's to improvement in the weeks ahead. Oh and some goal threat from Huws.

I have it on good authority that Huws is nowhere near fit enough to play in the first team and it will be quite a while before he is.

(That is from his father I will add).
The alleged rumours and disharmony on 11:55 - Oct 17 with 3128 viewsKieran_Knows

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 11:55 - Oct 17 by Bluebell

I have it on good authority that Huws is nowhere near fit enough to play in the first team and it will be quite a while before he is.

Hurst out.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 12:09 - Oct 17 with 3056 viewsNo9

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 11:48 - Oct 17 by hype313

Calm down dear, just thought I'd inform people of a nice conversation about various things about the club.

As I quite clearly stated in my OP "As much as he's not going to say anything too derogatory"

Unless any player knows who he is talking to very well I doubt there would be much dirt digging unless things were very bad. Let's face it they all need to earn a livign and if PH goes they don't know if he will get another go so they need to keep on good terms with their present employer
The alleged rumours and disharmony on 13:21 - Oct 17 with 2851 viewsCurrie10

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 11:48 - Oct 17 by hype313

Based on you posting the conversation on here, what the hell else can a player do in the social media age apart from say X Y Z positive?

In the 90s or before, you MAY have gotten the truth out of a player.

Not today.
Login to get fewer ads

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 13:23 - Oct 17 with 2834 viewsPrideOfTheEast

He is physically fit to play. I can assure you.
The alleged rumours and disharmony on 18:24 - Oct 17 with 2606 viewsWickets

If ever ?
The alleged rumours and disharmony on 19:54 - Oct 17 with 2475 viewsHarry_Palmer

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 13:23 - Oct 17 by PrideOfTheEast

He is physically fit to play. I can assure you.

Go on then,i'll bite. So how do you know that exactly?
The alleged rumours and disharmony on 21:15 - Oct 17 with 2384 viewsgordon

His knee cartilage is knackered, which is much more serious than ACL type injuries because it pretty much can't be repaired and doesn't grow back.

The fact that he's getting back almost to fitness but it's not working out means his chances of playing again at a high level are receding, because the way his knee is now is not likely to change. It's up to him whether he wants to risk it and manage the pain, or protect it to ensure a better quality of life later on. Not a nice position to be in.

It'll be quite similar to the situation Ledley King was in:

Harry Redknapp said of King's knee injury:

"There's no cure. There's no cartilage, nothing to operate on. It's just bone on bone. So it's just a question of managing it. It swells up after games and it normally takes seven days to recover but having played on Monday night he's had less time than usual. He rarely trains, he mostly just goes to the gym to keep himself ticking over. But not running or anything like that. But even if he only plays 20 games a season, he's worth having because he's so good we have a much better chance of winning."
The alleged rumours and disharmony on 22:52 - Oct 17 with 2287 viewsRobTheMonk

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 21:15 - Oct 17 by gordon

His knee cartilage is knackered, which is much more serious than ACL type injuries because it pretty much can't be repaired and doesn't grow back.

The fact that he's getting back almost to fitness but it's not working out means his chances of playing again at a high level are receding, because the way his knee is now is not likely to change. It's up to him whether he wants to risk it and manage the pain, or protect it to ensure a better quality of life later on. Not a nice position to be in.

"There's no cure. There's no cartilage, nothing to operate on. It's just bone on bone. So it's just a question of managing it. It swells up after games and it normally takes seven days to recover but having played on Monday night he's had less time than usual. He rarely trains, he mostly just goes to the gym to keep himself ticking over. But not running or anything like that. But even if he only plays 20 games a season, he's worth having because he's so good we have a much better chance of winning."

Lesley King was widely regarded as having the potential to be the best defender ever if it hadn't of been for his knees.

Joints are a nightmare when something goes wrong - knees especially for outfield players.

My old physiotherapist told me a story of a guy that had an ACL reconstruction, did all the rehab. All fine. Out celebrating his official discharge - mate jumps on his back and it goes again. Must of been horrible.
The alleged rumours and disharmony on 07:30 - Oct 18 with 2132 viewsBluefish

The alleged rumours and disharmony on 21:15 - Oct 17 by gordon

I had an operation this year to replace my acl but also to repair my missing cartliage to stop it being bone on bone. Apparently mine was a pretty severe case so they couldn't use some of the methods of moving it from elsewhere on my body or regrowng it in a lab. They chose to do microfracture surgery instead which involved drilling holes in the femur to extract bone marrow, this was them covered by a membrane to try and create a new surface on the bone. It is quite severe and doesn't always work but if they had options and did all of this for me I expect they would do it for a millionaire footballer

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024