Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation 14:20 - Oct 17 with 1193 viewsNo9

The IMF finds the UK finances are among the worst in the world- that's after 8 years of austerity forced on the poor.
https://www.publicfinance.co.uk/news/2018/10/imf-uks-public-finances-among-weake

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 14:35 - Oct 17 with 1159 viewsKeno

I thought tourism was supposed to be a good thing!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 14:39 - Oct 17 with 1158 viewsjjblue84

Which shows that ‘austerity’ is a total myth!!
After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 14:40 - Oct 17 with 1156 viewsNo9

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 14:39 - Oct 17 by jjblue84

Which shows that ‘austerity’ is a total myth!!

Not a myth for the poor
After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 14:41 - Oct 17 with 1151 viewsNo9

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 14:35 - Oct 17 by Keno

According to the IMF this is likely to create a large increase in taxation to get out of the hole they tories have put us in
After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 14:42 - Oct 17 with 1149 viewsjjblue84

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 14:40 - Oct 17 by No9

Not a myth for the poor

The reality is that we’re broke, we’ve sold everything and we don’t make anything anymore! A slight slowdown in spending will indeed affect the poor (who will always be the first to be affected), but is a million miles away from reality!
After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 14:44 - Oct 17 with 1141 viewsKeno

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 14:41 - Oct 17 by No9

According to the IMF this is likely to create a large increase in taxation to get out of the hole they tories have put us in

Those bleeding foreigners coming here on holiday creating holes and costing us money

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 15:58 - Oct 17 with 1085 viewsTractorWood

Gold plated public pensions are an issue too. I think we are bad at both public and private. Take legal and financial services out of our economy and we'd be in such a state.

It speaks volumes that the Tories keep winning elections. Whilst they are pretty unpopular, I just think the quality and credibility of the opposition is so weak that the electorate have no faith that a Labour government wouldn't bankrupt the county.

I don't align myself to a political party as I stil see them both as still far too representative of the old class framework. Tories are full of Oxbridge, public school, establishment wealth. Labour are still too associated with unions whose sole concerns are leveraging their members pay (tube drivers start on £50k and are still moaning) and have no economic credibility.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 16:18 - Oct 17 with 1054 viewsCoastalblue

The sooner we accept as a country we're no longer a world power and start to organise ourselves accordingly the more likely we are to slow down this inevitable decline.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 17:19 - Oct 17 with 1022 viewsfactual_blue

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 15:58 - Oct 17 by TractorWood

Gold plated public pensions are an issue too. I think we are bad at both public and private. Take legal and financial services out of our economy and we'd be in such a state.

It speaks volumes that the Tories keep winning elections. Whilst they are pretty unpopular, I just think the quality and credibility of the opposition is so weak that the electorate have no faith that a Labour government wouldn't bankrupt the county.

I don't align myself to a political party as I stil see them both as still far too representative of the old class framework. Tories are full of Oxbridge, public school, establishment wealth. Labour are still too associated with unions whose sole concerns are leveraging their members pay (tube drivers start on £50k and are still moaning) and have no economic credibility.

So trades unions are good capitalists then.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 17:20 - Oct 17 with 1021 viewsfactual_blue

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 16:18 - Oct 17 by Coastalblue

The sooner we accept as a country we're no longer a world power and start to organise ourselves accordingly the more likely we are to slow down this inevitable decline.

balls

RULE BRITANNIA

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 17:50 - Oct 17 with 986 viewsSwansea_Blue

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 14:35 - Oct 17 by Keno

Ah, I can see how you're confused. One involves being here temporarily, making a right mess of the place and then clearing off without giving a damn...

....the other is having a holiday.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 18:02 - Oct 17 with 961 viewsSwansea_Blue

It'll be interesting to see how the great and the good (and resident clowns) of TWTD handle this, as of course the bailout which is the prime driver of these IMF comments ocurred under Labour.

I did quite like the commentary in the Gurniad that spun out of this though; he's got a point, privatisation doesn't seem to lead to the best outcomes. And both the Tories and especially the Blairites are responsible for that. - https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/17/economic-lies-neoliberalis

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 18:04 - Oct 17 with 955 viewsTractorWood

After 8 years of toryism the cost of privatisation on 17:19 - Oct 17 by factual_blue

So trades unions are good capitalists then.

Only when their potential leverage can grind the country to an immediate halt. Civil servants had a 24 hour strike in 2014 and no one noticed.

Also, kudos on the correct plural of trade union.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 18:06]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024