Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD 15:06 - Oct 17 with 14810 viewsmonytowbray

is that Nazi/Fascist/Racist apologists are a real problem in some corners of this forum, and not just from the people who would instantly suspect.

Apparently you can throw a Nazi salute at a fairly well known far right event and people will say "put he may have just been waving". You can get in trouble at work for attending a widely regarded racist march and people are more bothered about defending freedom of speech than actual fascists running around our streets throwing said Nazi salutes.

Granted, it is the minority, but some of you people who think you are impartial and sit on the fence in these matters really need to consider what bothers you more and how far you are willing to go to brush this type of stuff off as no big deal or say "BUT YOU'RE BEING MEAN TO THE NAZIS WHICH IS JUST AS BAD".

Even if you identify as right or far right, you are in some dangerously f*cked territory when you shrug your shoulders at Nazis.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 15:09]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:32 - Oct 17 with 2138 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:44 - Oct 17 with 2103 viewscaught-in-limbo

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 15:53 - Oct 17 by lowhouseblue

the march was organised by a group who are known to be fairly unpleasant racists. the people on the march were therefore highly likely to be fairly unpleasant racists. but a photo of someone with their arm in the air doesn't prove that person to be a fascist, or that the march is a fascist march (I do think that the definition of fascism as a political philosophy does involve a bit more than waving your arm about). so let's save the word 'fascist' for people who are known to be fascists. lets not use it as just an even stronger word for racists and other people we disagree with. otherwise we disempower language.

no one would shrug their shoulders at real Nazis - but we are allowed to ask "is it a real Nazi or is it an unpleasant racist with their arm in the air?". I know that's not as simple and unnuanced as things tend to be in you world, but hey life is complex.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 15:57]

I agree with all that. The problem arises when people are prepared to overlook the obvious point where neo-nazism is being supported by our own politicians for political gain.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:44 - Oct 17 with 2098 viewsmonytowbray

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:32 - Oct 17 by BryanPlug

Wow, where did you make that one up from?

TWTD never forgets…

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:45 - Oct 17 with 2094 viewsBenters2

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:32 - Oct 17 by BryanPlug

He doesnt eat meat though.

Arise Saint Callis of Stowmarket/London/Lakenheath.
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:47 - Oct 17 with 2084 viewsBenters2

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:44 - Oct 17 by monytowbray

Wow, where did you make that one up from?

We all saw it you little munchkin
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:50 - Oct 17 with 2065 viewsMattinLondon

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:45 - Oct 17 by Benters2

He doesnt eat meat though.

Arise Saint Callis of Stowmarket/London/Lakenheath.

Does it matter if Callis eats meat or not? Thought this was about free speech.
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:52 - Oct 17 with 2049 viewsmonytowbray

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:50 - Oct 17 by MattinLondon

It's a massive big deal for a few of the "live and let live" snowflakes on here.

TWTD never forgets…

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:56 - Oct 17 with 2032 viewsBenters2

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:50 - Oct 17 by MattinLondon

Do you fancy me or something?
Login to get fewer ads

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:56 - Oct 17 with 2031 viewsmonytowbray

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:47 - Oct 17 by Benters2

We all saw it you little munchkin

The Russian Taxi incident had no links with terrorism nor was it done as an act of terrorism. There is still no evidence suggesting it was an act of terrorism. All I said in that thread is there is no link to terrorism, I did not deny outright it may be terrorism, I just stated you can't say it's a terrorist attack until proven. Which still hasn't happened.

The Salisbury incident I don't remember once saying who did and didn't do it on here or anywhere.

TWTD never forgets…

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:04 - Oct 17 with 2005 viewsBenters2

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:56 - Oct 17 by monytowbray

The Russian Taxi incident had no links with terrorism nor was it done as an act of terrorism. There is still no evidence suggesting it was an act of terrorism. All I said in that thread is there is no link to terrorism, I did not deny outright it may be terrorism, I just stated you can't say it's a terrorist attack until proven. Which still hasn't happened.

The Salisbury incident I don't remember once saying who did and didn't do it on here or anywhere.

*SWERVE ALERT*
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:23 - Oct 17 with 1975 viewsitfcjoe

My 2 pence worth

The bloke throwing a Nazi salute is clearly a racist bellend, who deserves what he gets.

The bloke suspended from his job is harshly done by - I just don't think it is fair to describe the FLA march as 'actual fascists running around our streets'.

There seems a clear underlying Islamophobia in the FLA, but there are plenty there that are seemingly being manipulated by the powers that be running the show there.

Ultimately though it was a legal march with police permission, that turned violent when they were attacked from what I've read.

Calling everyone on that a fascist is wrong for me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:24 - Oct 17 with 1966 viewseireblue

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:04 - Oct 17 by Benters2

*SWERVE ALERT*

Ahhh okay, Benters is starting to make more sense now.

Responding to a point made to you is something you very often don't do, Benters. I now see why.

Someone made a point to Callis, he has responded. This is called a response or an answer. It is not a swerve.

Clearly you are scared of making a response or responding to points made to you, since you actually think they are SWERVES.

It maybe the case that a swerve has taken place. But in formally declaring a SWERVE, as demonstrated by other posters, I believe you have to provide appropriate links and commentary clearly showing the SWERVE.

Now that is all clear, I am sure a few people will be interested to see some response to points made about topics you open up for discussions. You only have to worry about a swerve if you actually swerve. You can safely respond to points made without fear of being done for excessive swervage.

I only say this, because at the moment Benters, you are the TWTD equivalent of someone sitting in the NSL throughout the whole match randomly grumbling.
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:27 - Oct 17 with 1947 viewsmonytowbray

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:24 - Oct 17 by eireblue

Responding to a point made to you is something you very often don't do, Benters. I now see why.

Someone made a point to Callis, he has responded. This is called a response or an answer. It is not a swerve.

Clearly you are scared of making a response or responding to points made to you, since you actually think they are SWERVES.

It maybe the case that a swerve has taken place. But in formally declaring a SWERVE, as demonstrated by other posters, I believe you have to provide appropriate links and commentary clearly showing the SWERVE.

Now that is all clear, I am sure a few people will be interested to see some response to points made about topics you open up for discussions. You only have to worry about a swerve if you actually swerve. You can safely respond to points made without fear of being done for excessive swervage.

I only say this, because at the moment Benters, you are the TWTD equivalent of someone sitting in the NSL throughout the whole match randomly grumbling.

I think Benters is trolling, but his recent efforts are getting a bit lazy.

Swerving is when you ignore the fact someone on a march is doing a Nazi salute ironically.

TWTD never forgets…

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:32 - Oct 17 with 1937 viewsBryanPlug

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:56 - Oct 17 by monytowbray

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:34 - Oct 17 with 1934 viewsmos

It’s a bloody internet football-based forum, give over chap.

Who actually cares?

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:36 - Oct 17 with 1925 viewsMattinLondon

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:56 - Oct 17 by Benters2

Do you fancy me or something?

Yep. Obviously
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:46 - Oct 17 with 1895 viewsBenters2

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:24 - Oct 17 by eireblue

Balls.
One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:49 - Oct 17 with 1880 viewsmonytowbray

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:32 - Oct 17 by BryanPlug

This is what you actually call a "swerve" Benters. Proven wrong yet still pretending his point holds any weight.

Still thinks a non terrorist attack was terrorism despite there being no evidence, making stuff up about my opinion on the Salisbury attack, but ignores that to say I'm judgmental because a photo of someone clearly doing a Nazi salute at a far right march is jumping to conclusions.

Just hoping Herbivore's irony meter is okay.

TWTD never forgets…

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:00 - Oct 17 with 1861 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 15:26 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

Please post what you had for breakfast last week....

It wasn’t breakfast. It was 8am and we’d been home an hour.

So we cooked sausage and mash.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:01 - Oct 17 with 1856 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 15:24 - Oct 17 by Kieran_Knows

Fair enough, must've missed a few of your posts then.

Glad to hear all is well and you're enjoying Uni.

Cheers.

I’m loving it tbh.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:06 - Oct 17 with 1846 viewsMoriarty

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 16:16 - Oct 17 by MattinLondon

Talking is overrated. Just makes people look like a bell end.

Imagine if he mated with this young lady :-

fka omuircheartaigh

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:07 - Oct 17 with 1841 viewsfooters

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:00 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

It wasn’t breakfast. It was 8am and we’d been home an hour.

So we cooked sausage and mash.

Sausage and mash at eight in the morning? Rommy's been snorting, swallowing or smoking something. Good boy! The come downs are just too much these days.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:07 - Oct 17 with 1843 viewsBlueBadger

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:23 - Oct 17 by itfcjoe

My 2 pence worth

The bloke throwing a Nazi salute is clearly a racist bellend, who deserves what he gets.

The bloke suspended from his job is harshly done by - I just don't think it is fair to describe the FLA march as 'actual fascists running around our streets'.

There seems a clear underlying Islamophobia in the FLA, but there are plenty there that are seemingly being manipulated by the powers that be running the show there.

Ultimately though it was a legal march with police permission, that turned violent when they were attacked from what I've read.

Calling everyone on that a fascist is wrong for me.

At absolute best, he's perfectly happy to hang around with the sort of people who like to throw Hitler salutes. There's no excuse for hanging around with them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:08 - Oct 17 with 1838 viewsBlueBadger

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 17:34 - Oct 17 by mos

It’s a bloody internet football-based forum, give over chap.

Who actually cares?

You don't find it a teensy bit depressing that there's apparently plenty of people prepared to make excuses for membership of extremist groups on said football forum?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 18:10 - Oct 17 with 1833 viewsSwansea_Blue

One quite sad thing we've discovered this week on TWTD on 15:14 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Note to self. Remember this post as a contender for 'gif of the year' in the TWTD annual awards.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024