Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In case there is any doubt THIS is what special nights in Europe look like 21:23 - Oct 17 with 1646 viewsKeno

Just a few but please feel free to add more, and maybe some memories to go along with them?

[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 21:28]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

In case there is any doubt THIS is what special nights in Europe look like on 21:34 - Oct 17 with 1585 viewsFtnfwest

Good one keno, it actually is difficult to squeeze in anything else like beating Barcelona (twice), inter and AC Milan, Lazio, Feyenoord etc. They all rather pale into insignificance against a 2 match unbeaten home run in Europe. Still I guess hodges euro history is at least more recent than ours, I mean it’s not like we’ve played in Europe this century or anything. Oh hang on..
In case there is any doubt THIS is what special nights in Europe look like on 21:43 - Oct 17 with 1565 viewsCoastalblue

The two matches that really stick in my memory are St Etienne when we sat surrounded by French fans and the Widzew Lodz match, hadn't they stuffed Man Utd in the previous round?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

In case there is any doubt THIS is what special nights in Europe look like on 21:46 - Oct 17 with 1552 viewsPJH

Thanks for posting.

Only 37 and a half years since that night in Amsterdam.

Don't suppose the 10-0 against Floriana is on the internet anywhere.
In case there is any doubt THIS is what special nights in Europe look like on 22:18 - Oct 17 with 1490 viewssundaze

In case there is any doubt THIS is what special nights in Europe look like on 21:46 - Oct 17 by PJH

Thanks for posting.

Only 37 and a half years since that night in Amsterdam.

Don't suppose the 10-0 against Floriana is on the internet anywhere.

Wow, when you see 37 years in print, it brings it home just how long ago it was. I was 17 and had the best 24 hours of my life, so many memories.

Now that night is closer in time to the end of the second world war, than it is to this present day......a very sobering thought.
In case there is any doubt THIS is what special nights in Europe look like on 22:27 - Oct 17 with 1471 viewsjaykay

yeah but most who were there should be barred from the north stand

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

In case there is any doubt THIS is what special nights in Europe look like on 00:08 - Oct 18 with 1383 viewsfloridablue

Another thanks for posting this as the only game i went to that season was the away leg in Amsterdam as I'd been on contract work in Saudi Arabia. My most vivid memory of the game to this day is Coopers second half save more so than the goals scored and that I was close to the Amstel sign amongst the 'Blue Army'
In case there is any doubt THIS is what special nights in Europe look like on 10:24 - Oct 18 with 1202 viewsKeno

In case there is any doubt THIS is what special nights in Europe look like on 21:34 - Oct 17 by Ftnfwest

Good one keno, it actually is difficult to squeeze in anything else like beating Barcelona (twice), inter and AC Milan, Lazio, Feyenoord etc. They all rather pale into insignificance against a 2 match unbeaten home run in Europe. Still I guess hodges euro history is at least more recent than ours, I mean it’s not like we’ve played in Europe this century or anything. Oh hang on..

Lazio!!

Might be Wirth some our younger viewers reading the match report

http://theinsideleft.com/revisited-lazio-ipswich/

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024