Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another step towards the Trumpification of British politics 13:18 - Oct 19 with 542 viewsconnorscontract

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/19/tory-rightwingers-seek-to-embar

I just don't understand this, coming from "the Party of Law and Order".

Is it just a symbolic way of showing that they can be awkward? Or are they genuinely embracing anything a Libertarian NRA Tea Party nutjob would vote for?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2018 13:18]
Another step towards the Trumpification of British politics on 14:53 - Oct 19 with 480 viewsOldsmoker

Well this quote is straight out of the NRA quote book

"...and that people who hold firearms are “some of the most law-abiding people in this country”.

Does "law abiding" mean they haven't been caught because everybody breaks some law whether its Pot smoking, cocaine-sniffing, speeding, parking on double yellows, lying on their tax forms, fiddling expenses, damaging crops by running through wheat fields, eating meat on a Friday, working on the Sabbath. taking the lords name in vain - Jeez, OMG...etc. Even Priests have been caught kiddie-fiddling.

The police are against these guns so that's the only endorsement required.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Another step towards the Trumpification of British politics on 15:02 - Oct 19 with 471 viewsfactual_blue

It's mainly about demonstrating the power they think they have over any brexit vote in the Commons.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024