Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There are times I read this board and wonder... 19:02 - Oct 19 with 6043 viewsglassblower

Why does Phil do this ?

It must pay well.
There are times I read this board and wonder... on 12:10 - Oct 20 with 1451 viewsRyorry

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 10:08 - Oct 20 by PhilTWTD

Not well enough for the level of hassle at the moment, to be honest. I was going to post a new thread but might as well add to this one.

We do seem to be in a situation where certain people appear to be adding threads purely to cause a row, and on sensitive subjects. No problem with controversial issues being discussed but when they clearly have no interest in debating the issue and instead are just out to poke people and call them names and then complain to us when people do the same in return it's a pain and waste of our time. It also puts other people off using the board.

Shall we just continue to ask nicely for posters to behave in a civil manner or shall we end their time on the forum. Not really got time to referee needless deliberately orchestrated rows.

In the wonderful 1970s BBC drama 'I Claudius', Claudius (Derek Jocobi) comes out with this phrase which is so magnificent that even my sh1t memory hasn't forgotten it -

"Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud, hatch out".

I'd add - then skim them off the top and bin.

Without yourself and Gav, this site wouldn't exist, so please do whatever you need to keep yourselves sane and healthy!!

Oh, and thanks!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 13:04 - Oct 20 with 1421 viewsvapour_trail

Not well enough for the level of hassle at the moment, to be honest. I was going to post a new thread but might as well add to this one.

We do seem to be in a situation where certain people appear to be adding threads purely to cause a row, and on sensitive subjects. No problem with controversial issues being discussed but when they clearly have no interest in debating the issue and instead are just out to poke people and call them names and then complain to us when people do the same in return it's a pain and waste of our time. It also puts other people off using the board.

Shall we just continue to ask nicely for posters to behave in a civil manner or shall we end their time on the forum. Not really got time to referee needless deliberately orchestrated rows.

Interesting post, Phil.

The poster to whom you appear to refer has been a stain on this site for many many years. He attacks the place from inside and makes it a poorer place to visit. It appears to me that plenty of interesting people have given up on it. I’ve found myself ( not that I’m one of your more interesting correspondents) much less inclined to spend time here over the past year or so. He’s relentless.

That said, one of the great merits of this place is the opportunity for everyone to have a say. People I fundamentally disagree with on so many issues, ive got the utmost respect for from reading them on here over the years - imsureazzure, baxterbasics, even dear old pickles for example.

Some people are just c*nts though. Every village has one, every pub has one. You’re the landlord, if the place is still busy enough and he’s not driving too much of your custom away, then you’re ok really. And he’d have to vent his spleen somewhere else, you’d have that on your conscience.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 12:15]

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 10:37 - Oct 21 with 1327 viewsvapour_trail

What was the verdict then, have we retained him?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 10:59 - Oct 21 with 1300 viewsPhilTWTD

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 10:37 - Oct 21 by vapour_trail

What was the verdict then, have we retained him?

No verdict, I put the matter up for discussion. However, is notable the message seems to have been ignored by one of those it was aimed at with more of the same this morning.
There are times I read this board and wonder... on 11:27 - Oct 21 with 1277 viewsglassblower

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 10:59 - Oct 21 by PhilTWTD

No verdict, I put the matter up for discussion. However, is notable the message seems to have been ignored by one of those it was aimed at with more of the same this morning.

I don’t think you will change people unfortunately.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 11:28]
There are times I read this board and wonder... on 11:34 - Oct 21 with 1261 viewsSwansea_Blue

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 13:04 - Oct 20 by vapour_trail

Interesting post, Phil.

The poster to whom you appear to refer has been a stain on this site for many many years. He attacks the place from inside and makes it a poorer place to visit. It appears to me that plenty of interesting people have given up on it. I’ve found myself ( not that I’m one of your more interesting correspondents) much less inclined to spend time here over the past year or so. He’s relentless.

That said, one of the great merits of this place is the opportunity for everyone to have a say. People I fundamentally disagree with on so many issues, ive got the utmost respect for from reading them on here over the years - imsureazzure, baxterbasics, even dear old pickles for example.

Some people are just c*nts though. Every village has one, every pub has one. You’re the landlord, if the place is still busy enough and he’s not driving too much of your custom away, then you’re ok really. And he’d have to vent his spleen somewhere else, you’d have that on your conscience.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 12:15]

A bit harsh on Hoppy that. I know he likes to thinks his jokes are funny, so can’t we just humour him?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 12:49 - Oct 21 with 1229 viewshoppy

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 11:34 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

A bit harsh on Hoppy that. I know he likes to thinks his jokes are funny, so can’t we just humour him?

I’ve not been on so much recently... so have been trying to cut down... so presumably the place should be better for that, based on your theory, rather than getting worse?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 13:04 - Oct 21 with 1210 viewsRyorry

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 12:49 - Oct 21 by hoppy

I’ve not been on so much recently... so have been trying to cut down... so presumably the place should be better for that, based on your theory, rather than getting worse?

Well the thread's been strong in irony, so you might be right! ;)

Login to get fewer ads

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 13:11 - Oct 21 with 1202 viewsJ2BLUE

I defended him for years much to the annoyance of posters I like and respect. Can't defend him anymore. The veil has well and truly slipped over the last couple of years. It's the same thing over and over.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 13:29 - Oct 21 with 1179 viewsOldTimer2

As someone who used this a lot many many years ago, then think you would be better getting rid of those who are simply using it to stir things up. I suspect a number of people, like me, have gone to Twitter as it is easier to avoid those who have nothing constructive to add.

Bobby Robson - thank you

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 13:37 - Oct 21 with 1163 viewsRyorry

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 13:29 - Oct 21 by OldTimer2

As someone who used this a lot many many years ago, then think you would be better getting rid of those who are simply using it to stir things up. I suspect a number of people, like me, have gone to Twitter as it is easier to avoid those who have nothing constructive to add.

Quite - and you're right to reference "those", plural - it's not just a question of one person.

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 13:49 - Oct 21 with 1142 viewsjaykay

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 13:29 - Oct 21 by OldTimer2

it very easy to avoid those with nothing constructive to add on here. just use the football only button ,last resort the ignore button.
the trouble is the people have to be named and shamed if they are over stepping the mark ,
otherwise they think phil is talking about everyone else and not them.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 18:53 - Oct 21 with 1078 viewsSwansea_Blue

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 12:49 - Oct 21 by hoppy

Damn, I hate it when a theory is blown apart by common sense. Back to the drawing board for me then...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 19:05 - Oct 21 with 1066 viewsbaxterbasics

I like it when we have robust discussions about controversial topics. Those of us with a modicum of intelligence are able to do it without name calling or petty baiting.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 22:23 - Oct 21 with 1027 viewshoppy

There are times I read this board and wonder... on 18:53 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

Damn, I hate it when a theory is blown apart by common sense. Back to the drawing board for me then...

In your defence, you did put forward a fairly solid case, to be fair...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024