Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster 19:16 - Oct 20 with 898 viewsthebooks

I know Hurst hasn't helped by buying average players, but we have a very basic problem with the quality of the squad. How on earth has this been allowed to happen?
Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster on 19:19 - Oct 20 with 848 viewsWickets

Quite true i dont claim to be in the know but it smacks of an owner wanting to cut the budget as far as he can ?
Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster on 19:20 - Oct 20 with 845 viewsreusersfreekicks

I think the reduction of the quality in the loanees is massive. CCV, Conolly and, to a lesser extent Celina were key last season. I think Webster and McG weren't a big part of things at all.
Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster on 19:20 - Oct 20 with 841 viewsTendring_Blue

I would argue whatever happened we were on thin ice. Those players whoever came in would have gone.

Due to the lack of investment Mick had to fill the squad with stopgaps. They all went at once and the replacements are worse.

Evans is the problem but my god Hurst isn't helping himself.
Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster on 19:24 - Oct 20 with 798 viewsDarth_Koont

I bought the logic of buying the best 25-year-olds from League One and Two (and not using our own kids) if it was about creating a hugely athletic side that pressed high up the pitch.

But we've seen nothing of that if we're being honest. In fact, I thought QPR pressed us and probably outworked us today.

That may still be the plan but God knows how they get there if they haven't done it yet. Looks to me as if the midfield and the full-backs are naturally too deep-lying for that approach.

Pronouns: He/Him

Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster on 19:28 - Oct 20 with 755 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

CFC,Connolly,Celina weren’t ours
McG end of contract n injured most Dec to March. And wanted £xxxx

Waggy, Garner were the ones we needed experience replacements

Webster and Smith future captain material were let go

Ok we got money for them but the standards are not there.
Maybe they can get there - but we can’t wait very much longer.
Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster on 19:28 - Oct 20 with 753 viewsthebooks

Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster on 19:24 - Oct 20 by Darth_Koont

I bought the logic of buying the best 25-year-olds from League One and Two (and not using our own kids) if it was about creating a hugely athletic side that pressed high up the pitch.

But we've seen nothing of that if we're being honest. In fact, I thought QPR pressed us and probably outworked us today.

That may still be the plan but God knows how they get there if they haven't done it yet. Looks to me as if the midfield and the full-backs are naturally too deep-lying for that approach.

Yeah, I get that too, but it's way too risky when you lose so much experience in one fell swoop. What if your 25 year old lower league players are just good lower league players?

Yes, where is the coaching or tactics? We look clueless in possession, don't press and seem to get caught out whenever we do pile forward.
Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster on 19:29 - Oct 20 with 735 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans and £££'s

Theres no other story.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster on 19:36 - Oct 20 with 703 viewsDarth_Koont

Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster on 19:28 - Oct 20 by thebooks

Yeah, I get that too, but it's way too risky when you lose so much experience in one fell swoop. What if your 25 year old lower league players are just good lower league players?

Yes, where is the coaching or tactics? We look clueless in possession, don't press and seem to get caught out whenever we do pile forward.

I think Hurst changed too much but probably through the circumstance of getting 12+ million in sales and knowing he had to use it.

So suddenly we've become a transition side and arguably you need some quality — a goal scorer or midfield maestro to paper over the cracks while the team gels. We just haven't got that so we're just seeing the cracks.

You could argue that this squad is still a good base for a team to emerge from. But we look like we've lost too much competitiveness for this to be the right approach for the Championship.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn, McGoldrick, CCV, Conolly, Celina, Garner, Webster on 19:37 - Oct 20 with 701 viewsbraveblue

Most of the blame lies with Evans. £5m profit from players deals so no surprise quality is down. Killing the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024