Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The REAL problem is EVANS 10:45 - Oct 21 with 3798 viewsArnieM

I know Hurst is failing spectacularly, but the bigger picture should be addressed , and fast!

EVANS should , MUST be the focus of our discontent, because under his ownership this Club is systematically being dismantled and asset stripped by him. The next assets to be sold off and find the proceeds of such a sale find its way into Evans bank account , will be Andre Dozzell this January.

Hurst is just another fall guy for the lack of investment by Evans. Yes we do need an urgent replacement for Hurst. Sadly it’s hasnt worked out for him. But no manager coming in will be given any funds by Evans. I personally want a Burley: Butcher combo. At least they KNOW the Club from its foundations up and KNOW our traditions. We would see our youngsters used. Let’s be honest here, I doubt we will escape relegation - it’s been coming for several years under Evans. Let’s build with OUR kids in league One. I know this sounds defeatist talking about L1, but I honestly can’t see any other outcome this season, with the lack of quality with now have amongst the senior players in this squad.

EVANS is THE PROBLEM!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The REAL problem is EVANS on 10:47 - Oct 21 with 3781 viewsDyland

Calling MEG selling ITFC's gifted kids "asset stripping" undermines your argument, even though it has some validity.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The REAL problem is EVANS on 11:00 - Oct 21 with 3734 viewsTownly

There was me thinking that the "real" problem was the fact that the club loses money season on season.

Admittedly, we could have done a lot better than Marcus Evans as a new owner in the days when ITFC was a more sellable product than it would seem to be now.

This is all so old hat. I doubt that there is a supporter who would not want Evans replaced as owner, his spell with the club has been a disaster and it gets worse not better by the season. Evans's Ipswich equals the gradual decline of Ipswich.

BUT! Who am I to tell him how to lose his million?
BUT! Who in their right mind would want to take on the burden of a business in increasing debt?

The Countdown conundrum is solvable so you get just thirty seconds.

The ITFC conundrum is not it would seem. Perhaps we will have to put up with ME for thirty years before something changes.

We all know what the REAL problem is. It's blatantly obvious. A pity the solution is not as clear cut.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 11:02]
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:33 - Oct 21 with 3676 viewsArnieM

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The REAL problem is EVANS on 12:04 - Oct 21 with 3642 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m not going to criticise him for the money he does or doesn’t spend. That’s his right, he has supported some managers, less so others. And increasingly clubs need to be self-financing at this level.

What I do have a problem with is his poor judgement. He struggles to get the big decisions right. Not from lack of heart or effort I’m sure, but the end result is the same sadly.

Managerial appointments, executive appointments, timing of any investment, player recruitment structure (lack of). None of this is working, and never has with the exception of Mick’s first 2 years snd even that came at a cost (bored fans).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The REAL problem is EVANS on 12:19 - Oct 21 with 3616 viewsFrimleyBlue

Does he pick the team? Run training?

No.

Therefore it's not his fault.

At least 80% of this forum wanted Hurst in.

Now though it's all Evans fault.

No. Evans got duped. It happens. How many time in life have people sold themselves in interviews but then end up being useless when it comes to doing the job.

Only 1 man can take the blame for the shambles and that ain't Evans.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The REAL problem is EVANS on 12:20 - Oct 21 with 3614 viewsRyorry

The REAL problem is EVANS on 12:04 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

I’m not going to criticise him for the money he does or doesn’t spend. That’s his right, he has supported some managers, less so others. And increasingly clubs need to be self-financing at this level.

What I do have a problem with is his poor judgement. He struggles to get the big decisions right. Not from lack of heart or effort I’m sure, but the end result is the same sadly.

Managerial appointments, executive appointments, timing of any investment, player recruitment structure (lack of). None of this is working, and never has with the exception of Mick’s first 2 years snd even that came at a cost (bored fans).

I wrote this on the "mess of a club" thread earlier -

I'm constantly staggered at how inept a businessman ME shows himself to be - quite aside from the Brazil ticketing fiasco (how's that going btw?) - what competent business person would tolerate being associated with a stadium which is regularly described as run down, dirty, in need of a lick of paint and basic repairs etc? Not to mention a hospitality business again regularly described as being unable to maximise sales at a sporting event half-time because of lack of staff, poor quality food etc etc. Those issues, which give such a bad impression and such bad PR (sorry!) would be relatively cheap and easy to fix - but they aren't ever addressed. So it's, sadly, hardly a surprise when the owner fails to address the issue of the actual footballing side of things :(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The REAL problem is EVANS on 14:17 - Oct 21 with 3548 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’ve been saying that for three years almost now.

He’s killing our club and nobody seems to care.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The REAL problem is EVANS on 14:30 - Oct 21 with 3522 viewsblueconscience

The REAL problem is EVANS on 12:19 - Oct 21 by FrimleyBlue

No.

No. Evans got duped. It happens. How many time in life have people sold themselves in interviews but then end up being useless when it comes to doing the job.

Evans chooses not to pay todays prices for decent championship level players, and as a result he is looking likely to pay the price of relegation.

Evans chooses to let the successful loanees move onto other championship teams who are willing to pay their asking price leaving us having to replace them all year on year.

Hurst and any other manager can only work with what the resources available from the owner. You can keep kidding yourselves that it is all down to Hurst, but it just as much down to Evans.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 14:32]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

The REAL problem is EVANS on 14:30 - Oct 21 with 3518 viewspennblue

No.

He is not investing enough into the club to enable it to compete at this level. He IS therefore the problem.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

The REAL problem is EVANS on 14:35 - Oct 21 with 3500 viewsBrixtonBlue

The REAL problem is EVANS on 14:17 - Oct 21 by The_Romford_Blue

He's not killing it Rommers, he's keeping it alive. ITFC would be long since dead if it weren't for Evans.

Our problem is we need an owner not just content to keep it alive but to nourish it, feed it, help it grow.

I would love a wealthy owner to throw big money at ITFC, but it's remiss, IMO, to give abuse to a man who sinks £6m a year (on average over his time here) into our club, for no obvious benefit.

We can hope for more... but we ought to be grateful for that.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The REAL problem is EVANS on 15:01 - Oct 21 with 3467 viewsTJS

I have nothing personally against Evans and he has backed the club to a certain extent.
However sadly we are now being totally being left behind by his current levels of investment compared to most sides in this division.
I had previously thought that although we have made about 20m profit in transfer dealings over the last 5 years we were at least competing on wages offered but it appears even this may not be the case.
The REAL problem is EVANS on 15:04 - Oct 21 with 3457 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Whilst I do not like Evans constant silence, and it often ones across as disinterest. And I do not like the fact he is worth so much money but won’t buy a £1,000,000 pound player without generating funds.

I do think this summer Hurst had probably around 8 million in the bank. When you look at the utter dross that we have bought you have to say we have made absolutely no progression, the football is awful due to lack of quality and PH looks rather clueless in his first 14 games.

For me the problem right now is PH.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The REAL problem is EVANS on 15:05 - Oct 21 with 3452 viewsAce_High1

The REAL problem is EVANS on 14:17 - Oct 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Sorry we can't follow your predictions after that awful Poland world cup effort.
The REAL problem is EVANS on 15:11 - Oct 21 with 3440 viewsSwansea_Blue

The REAL problem is EVANS on 12:20 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

I wrote this on the "mess of a club" thread earlier -

I'm constantly staggered at how inept a businessman ME shows himself to be - quite aside from the Brazil ticketing fiasco (how's that going btw?) - what competent business person would tolerate being associated with a stadium which is regularly described as run down, dirty, in need of a lick of paint and basic repairs etc? Not to mention a hospitality business again regularly described as being unable to maximise sales at a sporting event half-time because of lack of staff, poor quality food etc etc. Those issues, which give such a bad impression and such bad PR (sorry!) would be relatively cheap and easy to fix - but they aren't ever addressed. So it's, sadly, hardly a surprise when the owner fails to address the issue of the actual footballing side of things :(

Hard to argue with that

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The REAL problem is EVANS on 15:17 - Oct 21 with 3417 viewsDennyx4

The REAL problem is EVANS on 14:35 - Oct 21 by BrixtonBlue

He's not killing it Rommers, he's keeping it alive. ITFC would be long since dead if it weren't for Evans.

Our problem is we need an owner not just content to keep it alive but to nourish it, feed it, help it grow.

I would love a wealthy owner to throw big money at ITFC, but it's remiss, IMO, to give abuse to a man who sinks £6m a year (on average over his time here) into our club, for no obvious benefit.

We can hope for more... but we ought to be grateful for that.

Depends which way you look at it.

For me he is killing it very slowly - the average amount he invested may be true - but next to nothing in the last 4 years (cash into club).

As an analogy, he bought a fish tank as a hobby, bought a lot of expensive fish to put in the aquarium, but didn't know how to treat the water, so the money he spent on the fish was wasted.

He still has the tank, still no real clue on how to treat the water, but needs to have something in it so has sold his more colourful fish and replaced with some cheaper fish.

Does the tank still cost him some money, yes all hobbies will do - but he is hoping that he can sell enough fish to pay for the food etc.
The REAL problem is EVANS on 15:33 - Oct 21 with 3381 viewstractorboy1978

The REAL problem is EVANS on 14:30 - Oct 21 by pennblue

He is not investing enough into the club to enable it to compete at this level. He IS therefore the problem.

It's not just about money invested, we've been left behind in several areas under Evans leadership here and he seems to make poor decision after poor decision. Mick aside (and he ended up staying too long) what appointment has he made that has worked? The other managers have been a disaster, Clegg epitomised some of the darkest times I can remember and seemed to be here for reasons more linked to the 2012 Olympics than the good of the club. Milne, whilst a likeable chap is totally clueless re football.

Clubs like Huddersfield and Burnley have bypassed us under Evans watch without spending larger sums than us. The likes of Sheffield United and Brentford aren't far behind. But these are clubs which are run properly with some sense of vision and some formulated plan beyond hoping the stars align and we get lucky.

As far as leadership goes, he has been utterly useless. He let Roy Keane rip this club apart from its foundations and sack Bryan Klug, he let Paul Jewell burden this football club with the biggest bunch of wasters this club has ever seen and he seems now to have stood back and watched Paul Hurst dismantle a foundation that was strong and needed evolution rather than revolution. He is utterly disinterested day to day and no hour long, scripted interview where he shows his face for the first time will convince me otherwise. He is often lauded as being a brilliant hands off owner that does not interfere, perhaps that isn't such a positive when he is too slow to react to the house burning down around him.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 15:33]
The REAL problem is EVANS on 15:40 - Oct 21 with 3367 viewsRyorry

The REAL problem is EVANS on 15:33 - Oct 21 by tractorboy1978

It's not just about money invested, we've been left behind in several areas under Evans leadership here and he seems to make poor decision after poor decision. Mick aside (and he ended up staying too long) what appointment has he made that has worked? The other managers have been a disaster, Clegg epitomised some of the darkest times I can remember and seemed to be here for reasons more linked to the 2012 Olympics than the good of the club. Milne, whilst a likeable chap is totally clueless re football.

Clubs like Huddersfield and Burnley have bypassed us under Evans watch without spending larger sums than us. The likes of Sheffield United and Brentford aren't far behind. But these are clubs which are run properly with some sense of vision and some formulated plan beyond hoping the stars align and we get lucky.

As far as leadership goes, he has been utterly useless. He let Roy Keane rip this club apart from its foundations and sack Bryan Klug, he let Paul Jewell burden this football club with the biggest bunch of wasters this club has ever seen and he seems now to have stood back and watched Paul Hurst dismantle a foundation that was strong and needed evolution rather than revolution. He is utterly disinterested day to day and no hour long, scripted interview where he shows his face for the first time will convince me otherwise. He is often lauded as being a brilliant hands off owner that does not interfere, perhaps that isn't such a positive when he is too slow to react to the house burning down around him.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 15:33]

Wish I could give that more than 1 uppie!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The REAL problem is EVANS on 16:18 - Oct 21 with 3311 viewsbraveblue

The REAL problem is EVANS on 11:00 - Oct 21 by Townly

There was me thinking that the "real" problem was the fact that the club loses money season on season.

Admittedly, we could have done a lot better than Marcus Evans as a new owner in the days when ITFC was a more sellable product than it would seem to be now.

This is all so old hat. I doubt that there is a supporter who would not want Evans replaced as owner, his spell with the club has been a disaster and it gets worse not better by the season. Evans's Ipswich equals the gradual decline of Ipswich.

BUT! Who am I to tell him how to lose his million?
BUT! Who in their right mind would want to take on the burden of a business in increasing debt?

The Countdown conundrum is solvable so you get just thirty seconds.

The ITFC conundrum is not it would seem. Perhaps we will have to put up with ME for thirty years before something changes.

We all know what the REAL problem is. It's blatantly obvious. A pity the solution is not as clear cut.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 11:02]

He could swap his debt for equity. He could sell at a discount as per when he bought the club. He could show a tiny bit of interest or say something.

Look at the debt at QPR. They are managing fine.
The REAL problem is EVANS on 16:38 - Oct 21 with 3289 viewsBluedandy

No.

We've been here before .... a poll conducted on this board prior to Hurst's appointment indicated the vast majority wanted Jack Ross.

Most Town fans were happy to back the appointment over which they had no say but they weren't in the boardroom sifting through CVs and bending Harry Redknapp's ear on what the hell we should do next.

You're right though Evans got duped just like Sheepshanks was duped into thinking Evans was our saviour back in 2007.

We are heading into the third division for the first time since the 1950s and there's only one person who is ultimately responsible for more than a decade of catastrophic decline and that is Marcus Evans.
The REAL problem is EVANS on 16:39 - Oct 21 with 3282 viewswarkthisway

Agreed and his bum chums like Milne - the whole match day experience is a mess.

bentnkuqi

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024