Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some fans need to step up 11:31 - Oct 21 with 4721 viewsTractorgirlforever

I was really disappointed yesterday..i travelled a long way for the match, had really high hopes before the match and again the majority of players didnt perform on the day, but to me the saddest thing was the way some fans in my area, co-op middle, were giving dean gerken so much grief, he made an error fair enough, but he also prevented the score from being 4 or 5, the atmosphere was just awful, yes the team werent playing great stuff but i thought to myself if the fans really got behind the lads and got some kind of atmosphere going would that encourage the players more rather than them hearing disgruntled comments from all sections. It was so sad at the end to see the players applauding the fans infront of the bobby robson stand just for them to be targeted by abuse and booing, freddie worked his socks off yesterday, pennington had a decent game and poor jack lancaster on his debut came on to the crowd booing, yes the booing was i guess for the decision to take edwards off but come on ,the poor lad probably wanted the floor to open up, and he showed some good skills during his time on the pitch, he didnt deserve that atmosphere .
Some fans need to step up on 15:40 - Oct 21 with 870 viewsBlue_Order

Some fans need to step up on 14:26 - Oct 21 by Swn98

you must of been asleep then.

You must have missed the part when I said we were still singing at full time.
Some fans need to step up on 16:13 - Oct 21 with 826 viewsBenters2

Some fans need to step up on 12:54 - Oct 21 by strikalite

Weather was so good it felt like the start of the season, another promotion offer ba!!$ up of a performance to scare off the possible returners, it's like the players feel twice the pressure somehow...

To top it all i had to sit on the sloooowest train in the World with a fair few happy QPR supporters,they were alright though,the Town supporters on the train were so gutted it was unreal.

One QPR asked a Town supported 'why are you so sh1t' the reply was 'becuase we sold our best players'.

End of.
Some fans need to step up on 16:15 - Oct 21 with 829 viewsbraveblue

The booing re Edwards was replaced by applause as soon as Lancaster came on.

The problem is there was a lack of desire from the players. If they do not win 50:50 balls or headers all match they can hardly expect a good reaction.

Re Gerkin. Not his fault but he is really poor at coming off his line for balls in the air. Obviously told to get out there at half time but he should know. Bart is vastly superior.
Some fans need to step up on 16:25 - Oct 21 with 824 viewsitfcbam

Sadly it has been an issue at PR for a very long time, probably since the Royle era and tbh there was traces of it even then. Yes it has got far worse in recent years. There is a section of our fan base who are completely unrealistic in expections and size of our club. We are a small club in the championship, I bet if you look at attendances we will be towards bottom 1/4, might be slightly higher at mo due to the scum game distorting our true average. We are 5-10k behind the Leeds, sheff wed, Derby,even scums of this world, yet the expectation is that we are as big as these teams which we clearly aren't. Yes the aim should be to compete and be with them but it isn't going to be easy.
We have become increasingly fickle, this falacythat Evans spends no money? Who covers the losses at mo, remember when we used to borrow to cover the losses?! I think it's no coincidence that the players seem to play with more freedom away as sometimes at OR the crowd actually acts as a 12th man for the opposition.
Some fans need to step up on 16:40 - Oct 21 with 819 viewsSlambo

Come join Blue Action over in section 6. We kept the chanting up all game, even some time after the final whistle, and will continue to do so every game even if Ipswich fetch up in the Conference South...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Some fans need to step up on 17:48 - Oct 21 with 797 viewsTractorgirlforever

Some fans need to step up on 15:21 - Oct 21 by mathiemagic

@Tractorgirlforever

As I am sure you are well aware when a team plays well then the fans are a happy bunch. That much goes without saying. The real test of fans is when the going gets tough. I am now into my 50th year on this planet and all of them, from the earliest age possible have followed the Town. Yesterdays performance from number 1 to 11 was the worst I have witnessed in a very, very long time. Gerken is a loyal servent I will give you that but he is not a number one keeper. His command of the box is terrible and he flaps at almost everything. Shot stopping is his best attribute by far and I agree he saved us from a much bigger defeat in the end. That said, Bart is by far the better keeper and should be re-instated ASAP. The fans pay good money for their tickets and all the travel and sundry costs involved with supporting a team so I think they have a right to vent their feelings when the team are not doing the basics correctly. I can always accept getting beaten if we have put the effort in but yesterday there was a severe lack of collective effort that was totally unacceptable. How much of that blame you can pin on PH and CD i am not sure but once the players are over the line then its down to them and Chambo especially to make sure the effort is there. Yesterday it was not. I agree the young lad Lancaster and Jackson put themselves about when they came on and it was a blessed relief to watch. Freddie Sears always works hard but was made to look very average yesterday. PH is to blame for that by putting him on his own up front against two 6ft central defenders which was then made worse by the back four hoofing it up to him expecting miracles. I also have no idea why PH insists on playing a right back at left back, a Centre back at right back when we have a perfectly good LB in Knudsun sat on the bench which would then at least make the back four look balanced instead for round pegs in square holes. I would love PH to explain to all of us frustrated fans what exactly was worked on in the two weeks since Swansea, as saw nothing to suggest anything at all was worked on at all. They might as well have spent two weeks on the lash in Ibeza for what difference it made yesterday. Oh well onwards and upwards to Leeds. Another showing like yesterday however and we will be on the end of a very big hammering.

Chin up and keep going ! #COYB

I dont think theres a huge difference in bart and gerks..its great we have 2 capable goalies..im a huge fan of bart..hes a fans favourite and hes been our best player in recent seasons but how many on here were calling for bart to be dropped?. .suddenly they want him back again!..his time will come no doubt about that. .im also in my 50th year now..40 as a town fan..costs me £200 to come to a home game but always worth it to see the team i love..i think paul hurst has only got rid of players who didnt want to be at the club..i think his only error is hes maybe underestimated how big the gap is between league1 and champuonship..hes certainly brought some first class lower league players to the club so its just a matter of wether they can take that step up..weve seen glimpses that they can but not enough so far. Im always going to support the boys whatever,.
on 19:04 - Oct 21 with 780 views_

Some fans need to step up on 17:48 - Oct 21 by Tractorgirlforever

I dont think theres a huge difference in bart and gerks..its great we have 2 capable goalies..im a huge fan of bart..hes a fans favourite and hes been our best player in recent seasons but how many on here were calling for bart to be dropped?. .suddenly they want him back again!..his time will come no doubt about that. .im also in my 50th year now..40 as a town fan..costs me £200 to come to a home game but always worth it to see the team i love..i think paul hurst has only got rid of players who didnt want to be at the club..i think his only error is hes maybe underestimated how big the gap is between league1 and champuonship..hes certainly brought some first class lower league players to the club so its just a matter of wether they can take that step up..weve seen glimpses that they can but not enough so far. Im always going to support the boys whatever,.

Some fans need to step up on 19:19 - Oct 21 with 774 viewsHugoagogo

Some fans need to step up on 16:40 - Oct 21 by Slambo

Come join Blue Action over in section 6. We kept the chanting up all game, even some time after the final whistle, and will continue to do so every game even if Ipswich fetch up in the Conference South...

I was impressed with the continued attempt to create an atmosphere. I sat in Cobbold, Block C, and it was really nice to hear you guys hold your own against the QPR fans despite the performance on the pitch.

The sad reality for me hit at around 75 minutes I think. We got possession at the back and the team seemed in a trance. A huge roar of encouragement from the North Stand seemed to wake them from their slumber and got the ball moving around.

It's depressing that confidence and any semblance of an idea of what to do in the team is so low that the crowd seemed to need to roar like that to get a response.

It's really concerning and I feel for PH, the players the staff and the fans, because it's a great big bleedin' mess...
Login to get fewer ads

Some fans need to step up on 00:02 - Oct 22 with 715 viewsVaughan8

Some fans need to step up on 11:50 - Oct 21 by Blue_Order

There didn’t seem to be any booing from S6.

Still singing at full time.

In SBR upper and we could barely hear any singing all game. How many if you were there?
Some fans need to step up on 00:59 - Oct 22 with 701 views44_not_out

Some fans need to step up on 15:40 - Oct 21 by Blue_Order

You must have missed the part when I said we were still singing at full time.

Do we get extra points because about 15 teenagers are still singing at full time?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024