Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some fans need to step up 11:31 - Oct 21 with 4717 viewsTractorgirlforever

I was really disappointed yesterday..i travelled a long way for the match, had really high hopes before the match and again the majority of players didnt perform on the day, but to me the saddest thing was the way some fans in my area, co-op middle, were giving dean gerken so much grief, he made an error fair enough, but he also prevented the score from being 4 or 5, the atmosphere was just awful, yes the team werent playing great stuff but i thought to myself if the fans really got behind the lads and got some kind of atmosphere going would that encourage the players more rather than them hearing disgruntled comments from all sections. It was so sad at the end to see the players applauding the fans infront of the bobby robson stand just for them to be targeted by abuse and booing, freddie worked his socks off yesterday, pennington had a decent game and poor jack lancaster on his debut came on to the crowd booing, yes the booing was i guess for the decision to take edwards off but come on ,the poor lad probably wanted the floor to open up, and he showed some good skills during his time on the pitch, he didnt deserve that atmosphere .
Some fans need to step up on 11:35 - Oct 21 with 3801 viewsFixed_It

The saddest thing about 'the new era' is that we still have the same issues with our fanbase. It would have been nice to have made a good start and shed some of that negativity...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Some fans need to step up on 11:38 - Oct 21 with 3763 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Town fans are fickle.
Some fans need to step up on 11:40 - Oct 21 with 3739 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a cancer throughout the game sadly, not exclusive to us. No doubt someone will be along to say it’s their “right” to hurl abuse at players because they’re well paid, or some other lame excuse. It’s just bad manners and cretinous behaviour though.

Football can bring moments of frustration, dispair and sheer joy (or incredulity like against Swansea). The key to not being a d1ck is to ride out the rough with the smooth (and for most clubs there’s more rough).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Some fans need to step up on 11:42 - Oct 21 with 3741 viewsDarth_Koont

The booing of the Edwards sub was well odd.

Not just because a young lad was coming on but also because anyone should have been able to see that Edwards wasn't playing well. He put in one decent flashing cross but apart from that he was guilty of losing the ball cheaply almost every time it came to him.

Never mind having a target man up front to gather the ball and link up with the midfielders, our ball retention is useless whoever it gets to in the front three. Plus the interplay between them (and also the team behind who need more ball retention and time to get forward in support) is almost non-existent.

Pronouns: He/Him

Some fans need to step up on 11:49 - Oct 21 with 3709 viewschristiand

I think that the team also need to take responsibility for the atmosphere. I was really disappointed with them, I was expecting the lads to have a real go at QPR for the first 10 minutes and get them on the back foot, especially after our good result against Swansea City, but literally nothing. It was the visitors that were in the ascendancy. They just didn't set the tone and the fans got increasingly despondent as the game went on, it just went from bad to worse especially with the aimless punts forward from the back and the numerous Keystone Cop moments at our own set pieces, they really didn't know what they were doing, which added to the frustrations.

I do appreciate that it is a two way thing, but christ give us something to support and get behind to get to the 65th minute for your first attempt on target as the home team was just pitiful.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 12:27]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Some fans need to step up on 11:50 - Oct 21 with 3695 viewsBlue_Order

There didn’t seem to be any booing from S6.

Still singing at full time.
Some fans need to step up on 11:57 - Oct 21 with 3663 viewschristiand

Some fans need to step up on 11:42 - Oct 21 by Darth_Koont

Not just because a young lad was coming on but also because anyone should have been able to see that Edwards wasn't playing well. He put in one decent flashing cross but apart from that he was guilty of losing the ball cheaply almost every time it came to him.

Never mind having a target man up front to gather the ball and link up with the midfielders, our ball retention is useless whoever it gets to in the front three. Plus the interplay between them (and also the team behind who need more ball retention and time to get forward in support) is almost non-existent.

But I thought this long ball approach wasn't PH's style? There was literally nothing played through our midfield and Sears needs it played to feet or clever balls played through so he can play on the last defender's shoulder not aimless punts forward that he has to scrap for against huge physical defenders. Honestly, why play one or two sideways passes between Chambers and Nisala when ultimately you're just going to lump it forwards? You might as well do that in the first place!!!

As someone alluded to previously on here, we're now playing MM football, but with lesser players. Might as well have kept Mick if that was always going to be the case!!!

on 11:59 - Oct 21 with 3648 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Some fans need to step up on 12:00 - Oct 21 with 3639 viewsReuser_is_God

Some fans need to step up on 11:50 - Oct 21 by Blue_Order

Was yesterday a success for Blue Action?

It’s unfortunate that the 2 games you’ve been active for have been abject.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Some fans need to step up on 12:04 - Oct 21 with 3628 viewsBenters2

We had all sorts in section 5 handbags stewards getting involved the works..

I think you will find the boos at the end were aimed at Hurst,soon as he turned back again to the tunnel the crowd were carrying on clapping the players.

Regarding Edwards i feel that he was about the only one where something might come from so most were miffed by the sub.
Some fans need to step up on 12:17 - Oct 21 with 3553 views44_not_out

There’s a medal in the post!
Some fans need to step up on 12:18 - Oct 21 with 3562 viewsRegencyBlue

Lets be blunt here, at some clubs there would be rioting in the streets by now if their fan base had been subjected to what Town fans have had to put up with over god knows how many seasons!

I thought the crowds reaction was quite muted given the shambles unfolding on the pitch. Individual players shouldn’t be targeted though because at the end of the day it’s not their fault they are being played out of position or are just not good enough. That’s down to Hurst and, because of how he operates the club, Evans.
Some fans need to step up on 12:19 - Oct 21 with 3539 viewschristiand

Some fans need to step up on 12:04 - Oct 21 by Benters2

We had all sorts in section 5 handbags stewards getting involved the works..

I think you will find the boos at the end were aimed at Hurst,soon as he turned back again to the tunnel the crowd were carrying on clapping the players.

Regarding Edwards i feel that he was about the only one where something might come from so most were miffed by the sub.

He was poor, just always falling to the floor. I was hoping he was going to go off much earlier. Glad PH put an end to his misery, I was more surprised by the chorus of boos to the decision, but PH can only make three substitutions, although he could've done with about 8 yesterday!!!

Some fans need to step up on 12:20 - Oct 21 with 3531 viewsBlue_Moses

Some fans need to step up on 11:38 - Oct 21 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Town fans are fickle.

All football fans are fickle, regardless of the team
Some fans need to step up on 12:23 - Oct 21 with 3502 viewsRegencyBlue

Some fans need to step up on 11:35 - Oct 21 by Fixed_It

The saddest thing about 'the new era' is that we still have the same issues with our fanbase. It would have been nice to have made a good start and shed some of that negativity...

No, the saddest thing about the new era is that we still have the same problems on the pitch!
Some fans need to step up on 12:36 - Oct 21 with 3439 viewsBlue_Order

Some fans need to step up on 12:00 - Oct 21 by Reuser_is_God

Was yesterday a success for Blue Action?

It’s unfortunate that the 2 games you’ve been active for have been abject.

Yeah I think so, mate. A lot better than it was for the Bolton game anyway. A few people at the end said we’d made a difference.

You should join us next time.
Some fans need to step up on 12:40 - Oct 21 with 3406 viewsBenters2

Some fans need to step up on 12:19 - Oct 21 by christiand

He was poor, just always falling to the floor. I was hoping he was going to go off much earlier. Glad PH put an end to his misery, I was more surprised by the chorus of boos to the decision, but PH can only make three substitutions, although he could've done with about 8 yesterday!!!

Fair enough,what a awful performance though,the best thing was the weather it was glorious and warm.

Two very hard games coming up now,but then when you are bottom they are all very hard!
Some fans need to step up on 12:54 - Oct 21 with 3355 viewsstrikalite

Some fans need to step up on 12:40 - Oct 21 by Benters2

Fair enough,what a awful performance though,the best thing was the weather it was glorious and warm.

Two very hard games coming up now,but then when you are bottom they are all very hard!

Weather was so good it felt like the start of the season, another promotion offer ba!!$ up of a performance to scare off the possible returners, it's like the players feel twice the pressure somehow...
Some fans need to step up on 12:59 - Oct 21 with 3334 viewsReuser_is_God

Some fans need to step up on 12:36 - Oct 21 by Blue_Order

Yeah I think so, mate. A lot better than it was for the Bolton game anyway. A few people at the end said we’d made a difference.

You should join us next time.

If I haven’t topped myself before with the thought of watching us again!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Some fans need to step up on 13:04 - Oct 21 with 3309 viewslinhdi

S6 were superb second half.
Some fans need to step up on 13:08 - Oct 21 with 3282 viewsjas0999

Some fans need to step up on 11:42 - Oct 21 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. The decision to take Edwards off was a good one. He had been very poor and had offered nothing.
Some fans need to step up on 13:15 - Oct 21 with 3267 viewsstantheman

You will find that the more you hear any supporter moan the less they actually understand football. They only see what they want to see to underline their dislike of certain players. Just see comments on here re Knudsen, Sears, Chambers, Skuse etc. Edwards had a mare yesterday but still some learned supporters thought it right to boo when he was rightly replaced.
Some fans need to step up on 13:21 - Oct 21 with 3242 viewsWickets

Some fans need to step up on 11:38 - Oct 21 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Town fans are fickle.

Should this not read Football fans are fickle!
Some fans need to step up on 14:26 - Oct 21 with 3139 viewsSwn98

you must of been asleep then.
Some fans need to step up on 15:21 - Oct 21 with 3059 viewsmathiemagic

@Tractorgirlforever

As I am sure you are well aware when a team plays well then the fans are a happy bunch. That much goes without saying. The real test of fans is when the going gets tough. I am now into my 50th year on this planet and all of them, from the earliest age possible have followed the Town. Yesterdays performance from number 1 to 11 was the worst I have witnessed in a very, very long time. Gerken is a loyal servent I will give you that but he is not a number one keeper. His command of the box is terrible and he flaps at almost everything. Shot stopping is his best attribute by far and I agree he saved us from a much bigger defeat in the end. That said, Bart is by far the better keeper and should be re-instated ASAP. The fans pay good money for their tickets and all the travel and sundry costs involved with supporting a team so I think they have a right to vent their feelings when the team are not doing the basics correctly. I can always accept getting beaten if we have put the effort in but yesterday there was a severe lack of collective effort that was totally unacceptable. How much of that blame you can pin on PH and CD i am not sure but once the players are over the line then its down to them and Chambo especially to make sure the effort is there. Yesterday it was not. I agree the young lad Lancaster and Jackson put themselves about when they came on and it was a blessed relief to watch. Freddie Sears always works hard but was made to look very average yesterday. PH is to blame for that by putting him on his own up front against two 6ft central defenders which was then made worse by the back four hoofing it up to him expecting miracles. I also have no idea why PH insists on playing a right back at left back, a Centre back at right back when we have a perfectly good LB in Knudsun sat on the bench which would then at least make the back four look balanced instead for round pegs in square holes. I would love PH to explain to all of us frustrated fans what exactly was worked on in the two weeks since Swansea, as saw nothing to suggest anything at all was worked on at all. They might as well have spent two weeks on the lash in Ibeza for what difference it made yesterday. Oh well onwards and upwards to Leeds. Another showing like yesterday however and we will be on the end of a very big hammering.

Chin up and keep going ! #COYB

Poll: If we take a battering @ Norwich this weekend will MM get the sack or stay on ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024