Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... 14:18 - Oct 21 with 1196 viewsunstableblue

... should go I’m afraid.

I’ve been very supportive of him, I think he is more capable than people think, and ultimately it is the players who are really failing.

But we are in danger of relegation, and he seems incapable of consistently motivating the team.

Only way I can see him saving his job is to prove he can get 2 wins and a draw out of 4 games.

I actually agree with his concern over Knudsens ability, but without a recognised left back you’re playing Donacien out of position.

I think Hurst inherited a much worse squad and playing ethos than he expected, and I think that is the true mitigating circumstance of this debacle. The club is a shambles in many ways.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:22 - Oct 21 with 1174 viewsDarth_Koont

Don't quite see how the state of the squad with the youngsters who had only just broken through were a problem. That squad finished 12th even without a first-choice central midfield almost all season.

Unfortunately it's his own players and decisions that haven't paid off. They might still pay off but he has to take responsibility for spending a lot for us and seemingly taking us backwards.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:24 - Oct 21 with 1157 viewshadleighboyblue

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:22 - Oct 21 by Darth_Koont

Don't quite see how the state of the squad with the youngsters who had only just broken through were a problem. That squad finished 12th even without a first-choice central midfield almost all season.

Unfortunately it's his own players and decisions that haven't paid off. They might still pay off but he has to take responsibility for spending a lot for us and seemingly taking us backwards.

Waghorn contributed so much last season not just with goals and he hasn't been replaced
Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:25 - Oct 21 with 1153 viewsDarth_Koont

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:24 - Oct 21 by hadleighboyblue

Waghorn contributed so much last season not just with goals and he hasn't been replaced

Agreed. But we should have done a much better job of that given we were relatively speaking flush with cash for once.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:28 - Oct 21 with 1143 viewsPJH

Not quite sure how a squad that finished 19 points clear of relegation last season can be seen as a much worse squad than he expected, not sure what he was expecting then.

Must have a had a very good manager last season (we did) to do so well with such a poor squad.
Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:30 - Oct 21 with 1132 viewsDinnernotTea

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:25 - Oct 21 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. But we should have done a much better job of that given we were relatively speaking flush with cash for once.

Wasn't it close to £5m he eventually got? Fking criminal what he has served up for that. We gave Accrington Stanley £2.5m for two players. TWO AND A HALF MILLION POUNDS!!!

For me he has to go now. Evans has made about 809 mistakes since being in charge but he gave McCarthy, Jewell and Keane far too long to "turn it around."

Give it to Nash/Hogg/Klug and if we go down then so be it. Give them next season as well.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:40 - Oct 21 with 1114 viewsOldsmoker

All managers brief their team on the weak points of the other team and where to exploit them. They look at our team and must be spoilt for choice.
I don't see 7 points from Leeds (A), Millwall (A), Preston (H), Reading (A).
Millwall, Preston and Reading are at the bottom with us but they will see us as a winnable game.
WBA is our 18th game (2/5ths of the season played) so if we're adrift at the bottom with a 6 point gap to safety then something has to change. The owner and players aren't changing so it must be the manager.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:42 - Oct 21 with 1106 viewsfabian_illness

I'll back him as long as he's here but what I see is worrying.

Basic stuff like who takes free kicks, throw ins, corners and the serious lack movement once thats been decided.
Who picks up who when the opposition have a set piece or corner.
The ponderous way in which we move the ball about.

Whats happened to the mythical high press?

Hurst and Doig were senior Pro's, they know what needs to happen.
Hurst has mentioned several times that sometimes you just stumble onto something that works, Im not sure they have much time left for this approach.
Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:43 - Oct 21 with 1093 viewsjeera

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:30 - Oct 21 by DinnernotTea

Wasn't it close to £5m he eventually got? Fking criminal what he has served up for that. We gave Accrington Stanley £2.5m for two players. TWO AND A HALF MILLION POUNDS!!!

For me he has to go now. Evans has made about 809 mistakes since being in charge but he gave McCarthy, Jewell and Keane far too long to "turn it around."

Give it to Nash/Hogg/Klug and if we go down then so be it. Give them next season as well.

"Give it to Nash/Hogg/Klug".

No. They are in no small part responsible for the things that are going right with the club, so leave them exactly where they are.

We need a competent first team manager who is prepared to work in sync with those you mention.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 15:04]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:48 - Oct 21 with 1053 viewsVic

The squad he inherited was surely better than the present one!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:48 - Oct 21 with 1053 viewsjas0999

Considering our appalling start to the season, I think we need more than seven. Nine nearer the mark as three of those are very winnable.
Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:59 - Oct 21 with 1021 viewsoldollie

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:48 - Oct 21 by jas0999

Considering our appalling start to the season, I think we need more than seven. Nine nearer the mark as three of those are very winnable.

I do agree he needs much more time, I just hope Evans doesn’t give into the short term pressure

He hasn’t turned into a bad manager overnight
Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 15:05 - Oct 21 with 982 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:43 - Oct 21 by jeera

"Give it to Nash/Hogg/Klug".

No. They are in no small part responsible for the things that are going right with the club, so leave them exactly where they are.

We need a competent first team manager who is prepared to work in sync with those you mention.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 15:04]

You are right with Klug.

I would not be averse to Nash (and Hogg) with some wise guidance around them (Burley/Mills/Wark?). Sooner or later they may well leave anyway. Why not give them a chance to show what they can do at a level no one else would at the moment?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 15:05 - Oct 21 with 978 viewsjeera

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 14:59 - Oct 21 by oldollie

I do agree he needs much more time, I just hope Evans doesn’t give into the short term pressure

He hasn’t turned into a bad manager overnight

That could just waiting until it's too late to save ourselves.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hurst needs 7 points on the board before the West Brom game or he... on 15:12 - Oct 21 with 952 viewsLankHenners

The main issue is that Hurst didn't know what to expect so needed guidance that wasn't there and he's been far too naive since he joined. The failings are to do with his recruitment and his tactics, not the previous guy despite how desperate you are to say otherwise.

Paul Jewell would have played a better game than Hurst yesterday.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024