Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No fight, just acceptance 15:28 - Oct 21 with 4533 viewstextbackup

Took my daughter yday and sat in pioneer, next to NS, so I spent time looking across at the fans (where I normally stand) hundreds stood with phone in hands. Sarcastic cheers when anything positive was attempted. Booing. Barely a song started let alone sung (apart from when a bloke headed it back)

Everyone from top to bottom has accepted relegation. There’s no fight from anywhere, pitch or fans. What an absolute state we have become as a club.

RIP ITFC

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No fight, just acceptance on 20:01 - Oct 21 with 961 viewsjeera

No fight, just acceptance on 18:43 - Oct 21 by 44_not_out

Totally agree! I can never understand why anyone wants to get their phone out and film a game. Just watch the game!

As for the singing, it’s non existent. Apart from those wannabe ‘ultras’ singing songs they’ve heard sung at Crystal Palace.

I doubt anyone was recording it mate.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

No fight, just acceptance on 20:02 - Oct 21 with 959 viewsSteve_M

No fight, just acceptance on 17:41 - Oct 21 by brogansnose

Personally, I think we've pretty much had the fight- as fans- ground out of us. 17 years of mediocrity with most of us knowing deep down that we can't compete in any realistic sense has seen our fanbase decline with the feeling of it all being pointless. I was hoping that the appointment of Hurst and the 'new Evans vision' would at least revitalise the club to some extent but clearly all this has crashed and burnt.

And yet a mere seven weeks ago Portman Road was at something closer to its best against Norwich, loud and passionate support. J2 is right elsewhere in this thread, the club is struggling bit not dead.

We're not even relegated yet and we shouldn't just accept it as it will be very bad for the club. Hurst needs to go though and very soon or it might be too late.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

No fight, just acceptance on 20:23 - Oct 21 with 918 viewstractorboy1978

No fight, just acceptance on 20:02 - Oct 21 by Steve_M

And yet a mere seven weeks ago Portman Road was at something closer to its best against Norwich, loud and passionate support. J2 is right elsewhere in this thread, the club is struggling bit not dead.

We're not even relegated yet and we shouldn't just accept it as it will be very bad for the club. Hurst needs to go though and very soon or it might be too late.

I agree we cannot give up but this is the first time in the 22 years I've been going that I look at the squad and think if we go down we are not under achieving. We had a team packed full of wasters and problems under Jewell but you looked at it and thought we have players that can dig us out of this. We now have one of the three worst squads on paper.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 20:23]
No fight, just acceptance on 20:58 - Oct 21 with 884 viewstextbackup

No fight, just acceptance on 19:26 - Oct 21 by J2BLUE

The club is not dead. We're going through a long bad period. The club was formed in 1878. It won't be dying any time soon regardless of how dramatic people get. In between the multiple 'RIP ITFC' posts we've had plenty of 'we have our club back' posts. People on both sides need to calm down.

To confirm we aren’t actually going to be killed off.

But dropping down how we are about to is tragic. And I don’t mean this horribly but you don’t go, you won’t get it as those that go weekly do

No fight, just acceptance on 21:00 - Oct 21 with 878 viewstextbackup

No fight, just acceptance on 20:02 - Oct 21 by Steve_M

We absolutely shouldn’t accept it. But you try to start a song, you even remotely get over the top angry, pr1cks with phones in hand doing in play betting just laugh

There isn’t enough of us that truly care, because the proof isn’t in the pudding, the noise levels are pathetic

No fight, just acceptance on 21:05 - Oct 21 with 861 viewsJ2BLUE

No fight, just acceptance on 20:58 - Oct 21 by textbackup

To confirm we aren’t actually going to be killed off.

But dropping down how we are about to is tragic. And I don’t mean this horribly but you don’t go, you won’t get it as those that go weekly do

I understand that. Doesn't change my point that people need to stop the RIP stuff. Things are always darkest just before the dawn and all that. We're in deep sh1t but it won't last forever.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No fight, just acceptance on 21:17 - Oct 21 with 847 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Those on their phones won’t be there next yr.
No fight, just acceptance on 21:18 - Oct 21 with 847 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No fight, just acceptance on 18:05 - Oct 21 by trev1991

Evans may well be happy to sell up. But there has to be a buyer. I doubt they've been knocking at the door, have they?

Evans has admitted to multiple offers but all were below his valuation.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

No fight, just acceptance on 23:38 - Oct 21 with 771 viewsVaughan8

I don't go that often and my dad even less but yesterday was the worst we have ever "heard" the north stand.

We were in SBR upper but we could barely hear the lower singing. Admittingly the players gave us f all to cheer about.

It's very sad. One boy asked his dad behind us "Why do you support Ipswich dad?", his answer was " I don't know"..... (I think the boy supporters man Utd with the reference he was making throughout the game).

I'm sure the people who came along for the £10 special tickets won't be returning again this season unless something dramatically changes.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 23:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024