Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shame on you Ryanair. 18:42 - Oct 21 with 2194 viewsPecker

You should have evicted the foulmouthed idiot from the plane. That poor woman who had just lost her Husband.
Shame on you Ryanair. on 19:55 - Oct 21 with 2129 viewsLord_Lucan

Michael O’Leary, Chief Executive of Ryanair after arriving in a hotel in Manchester went to the bar and asked for a pint of Guinness.

The barman said, "That will be £1 please, Mr. O’Leary."

Taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"We do try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "We have the cheapest beer in England".

"That is remarkable value", Michael comments.

"I see you don't have a glass, you'll need one of ours. That will be £3 please."

O'Leary scowled, but paid up. He took his drink and walked towards a seat.

"Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra £2. If you'd pre-booked it would have cost £1."

O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up.

"I see you've brought your laptop" added the barman. "That wasn't pre-booked either, that's another £3."

O'Leary was so incensed and his face was red with rage.
"I've had enough! I insist on speaking to a manager!"

"Here is his e-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9.00 am and 9.01am every morning, Monday to Tuesday. Calls are free, unless answered, then there is a charge of only £1 per second".

"I will never use this bar again".

"OK but do remember, we are the only hotel in England selling pints for £1."

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Shame on you Ryanair. on 20:52 - Oct 21 with 2055 viewsm14_blue

Having watched the video, I'm minded to agree with a poster on here earlier who suggested the man may have had learning disabilities of some kind.

Not sure what the correct response is in that situation but it does put a slightly different complexion on things.

Either way, feel dreadfully sorry for the woman and her daughter, what an awful thing to go through.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 20:52]
Shame on you Ryanair. on 22:24 - Oct 21 with 1965 viewsGeoffSentence

Shame on you Ryanair. on 20:52 - Oct 21 by m14_blue

Having watched the video, I'm minded to agree with a poster on here earlier who suggested the man may have had learning disabilities of some kind.

Not sure what the correct response is in that situation but it does put a slightly different complexion on things.

Either way, feel dreadfully sorry for the woman and her daughter, what an awful thing to go through.

What are you basing the learning disablity assessment on? I don't think you can make that call based on that video.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Shame on you Ryanair. on 22:30 - Oct 21 with 1952 viewsjaykay

Shame on you Ryanair. on 20:52 - Oct 21 by m14_blue

i cant agree with you as i dont think having a learning disability makes you into a racist . in fact i would say quite the opposite.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Shame on you Ryanair. on 22:46 - Oct 21 with 1913 viewssyntaxerror

Shame on you Ryanair. on 22:30 - Oct 21 by jaykay

i cant agree with you as i dont think having a learning disability makes you into a racist . in fact i would say quite the opposite.

Hopefully the absence of the usual defenders of 'free speech' means this is opposed by one and all.
Shame on you Ryanair. on 22:48 - Oct 21 with 1906 viewstcblue

Shame on you Ryanair. on 22:24 - Oct 21 by GeoffSentence

What are you basing the learning disablity assessment on? I don't think you can make that call based on that video.

So I was the person who wrote it earlier, and I did so acknowledging I could be wrong.

I questioned it on the basis of his body language, speech and mannerisms are very familiar to the work I do with teenagers and young adults with learning difficulties and behavioural problems when put into a situation they find stressful. All sorts of things we would find abhorrent (including racial abuse, I have had much much worse) are said but not with the considered malice; to get a reaction without understanding the severity or consequence.

I'm no expert and I hope I'm wrong, as I wrote in the other thread. Not least because there's a Twitter pile-on and I read Jon Ronson's 'So You've Been Publicly Shamed' book a year or so ago and it shed disturbing light on human nature.
Shame on you Ryanair. on 07:24 - Oct 22 with 1766 viewsimsureazzure

Terrible response from their staff and surprisingly from fellow passengers.
I suppose if someone had of chinned the idiot they would have been arrested and carted off the flight.
Shame on you Ryanair. on 07:30 - Oct 22 with 1750 viewsBlueBadger

Shame on you Ryanair. on 22:46 - Oct 21 by syntaxerror

Hopefully the absence of the usual defenders of 'free speech' means this is opposed by one and all.

There's a few long words in the OP, they could just be catching up.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Shame on you Ryanair. on 08:56 - Oct 22 with 1676 viewsNo9

Shame on you Ryanair. on 19:55 - Oct 21 by Lord_Lucan

Michael O’Leary, Chief Executive of Ryanair after arriving in a hotel in Manchester went to the bar and asked for a pint of Guinness.

"We do try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "We have the cheapest beer in England".

"I see you don't have a glass, you'll need one of ours. That will be £3 please."

"Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra £2. If you'd pre-booked it would have cost £1."

"I see you've brought your laptop" added the barman. "That wasn't pre-booked either, that's another £3."

"Here is his e-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9.00 am and 9.01am every morning, Monday to Tuesday. Calls are free, unless answered, then there is a charge of only £1 per second".

Excellent!
Shame on you Ryanair. on 09:26 - Oct 22 with 1634 viewsm14_blue

Shame on you Ryanair. on 22:30 - Oct 21 by jaykay

Oh God no, I'm not implying that for a second.

I just think, from personal experience, that sometimes people react differently when put in a pressurised, stressful situation and feel like they're backed in to a corner. Sometimes they can react in ways that aren't reflective of their true nature.

I'm sure both you and Geoff are right though and I'm trying to extrapolate far too much from a short video clip.

Guess I'm just shocked that anyone could act in that way and am trying to rationalise it somehow.
Shame on you Ryanair. on 15:56 - Oct 22 with 1539 viewsbritbiker

I saw a similar thing about 15years ago on a late train from Liverpool Street station to Chelmsford.
There was a middle aged black man being verbally abused by what looked to me as a elderly well to do city broker.
Fortunately everyone on that section of the train stepped in. The man being abused was very calm but the abuser just got worse and worse. He didn't seem to care that everyone was against him.
Shame on you Ryanair. on 16:11 - Oct 22 with 1522 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Shame on you Ryanair. on 15:56 - Oct 22 by britbiker

I saw a similar thing about 15years ago on a late train from Liverpool Street station to Chelmsford.
There was a middle aged black man being verbally abused by what looked to me as a elderly well to do city broker.
Fortunately everyone on that section of the train stepped in. The man being abused was very calm but the abuser just got worse and worse. He didn't seem to care that everyone was against him.

Disgracefully, I think some may be used to it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Shame on you Ryanair. on 18:30 - Oct 22 with 1488 viewsbritbiker

Shame on you Ryanair. on 16:11 - Oct 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Disgracefully, I think some may be used to it.

As much as someone was being abused, I was mortified to think that somebody that looked like he held an a possible position of power was revellng in the attention he was receiving.
Shame on you Ryanair. on 18:34 - Oct 22 with 1479 viewsITFCson

Shame on you Ryanair. on 19:55 - Oct 21 by Lord_Lucan

I’ve just booked a return trip to Sofia for £42 with Ryanair. Admittedly if I want a second carry on bag I think it will cost me a further £6....what a rip off!!
Shame on you Ryanair. on 18:36 - Oct 22 with 1478 viewsSonOfSpock

I'm a bit surprised in this day and age with Airport security that the cretin wasnt carted off by the Police.

Poor from Ryanair, poor by people sat doing nothing,and a monstrous nob.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024