Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team 19:38 - Oct 21 with 4466 viewsjasondozzell

Evans won't change it unless absolutely forced to. I think Hurst has made mistakes but he's also inherited a v difficult job. Nothing he could do about the Waghorn situation, long term injuries to midfield playmakers (Huws, Dozzell and Adeyemi) and an increasingly mad league in terms of money being chucked about. A lot of new players came in and it takes time to work. And the Walters injury was more bad luck.

Hurst hasn't become a bad manager overnight and we aren't a useless squad. But we are very short on confidence and it shows.

All we can do is back the team and manager and support them. It can still be turned around.

Would be proud if we kept supporting them and it did turn around.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 19:40]
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 19:56 - Oct 21 with 2709 views44_not_out

Erm, maybe he could have said, no Martyn, were not selling you!
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 19:57 - Oct 21 with 2702 viewstrev1991

Best post this weekend
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 19:57 - Oct 21 with 2711 viewsGuthrum

'Hurst hasn't become a bad manager overnight' - maybe not, but he is in a different environment to where he had success before and doesn't seem to have the answers for the situation now.

If he is trying to do what worked in League One and it isn't in the Championship, then there must be something that he's missing, some element he hasn't taken into consideration. Perhaps it's that defences are a little bit stronger and better organised, so his former attacking methods are no longer effective.

Whatever, unless he can identify the problem and fix it, he has failed and will continue to do so.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 19:59 - Oct 21 with 2701 viewssparks

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 19:57 - Oct 21 by Guthrum

'Hurst hasn't become a bad manager overnight' - maybe not, but he is in a different environment to where he had success before and doesn't seem to have the answers for the situation now.

If he is trying to do what worked in League One and it isn't in the Championship, then there must be something that he's missing, some element he hasn't taken into consideration. Perhaps it's that defences are a little bit stronger and better organised, so his former attacking methods are no longer effective.

Whatever, unless he can identify the problem and fix it, he has failed and will continue to do so.

He lost his nerve too early- and has thereafter made some peculiar decisions. Donacien at left back when Kenlockand Knudsen exist- is bizarre.

Accomodating a centre back at right back- bizarre. pick a shape and a team and develop it with round pegs in round holes. He's left that mantra behind. Unfortunate.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 19:59 - Oct 21 with 2698 viewsIllinoisblue

The league table would suggest we have a very very poor squad. If you replace six top half championship players with league 1 maybes and sprinkle with unproven loanees you’re going to need a miracle worker of a manager to pull it off. Hurst, while seeming like a likable bloke, shows no signs of working anything close to a miracle

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:21 - Oct 21 with 2596 viewsCurrie10

Oh my days.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:23 - Oct 21 with 2579 viewsMullet

Revisionist nonsense by and large.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:25 - Oct 21 with 2578 viewstractorboy1978

Is Dozzell's knee any better now than it was? He got desperate and thought I can't leave him out any longer. That or he was told to play him by powers above him.
Login to get fewer ads

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:31 - Oct 21 with 2527 viewsjasondozzell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 19:56 - Oct 21 by 44_not_out

Erm, maybe he could have said, no Martyn, were not selling you!

That's not how it works though, is it. Waghorn clearly wanted to go and few could begrudge him the move. We had no chance of keeping him. It dragged on and must have been difficult when Hurst as trying to get other deals done.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:32 - Oct 21 with 2530 viewsSteve_M

Hurst inherited a mid-table squad and chose to make big changes to it, annoying senior professionals and other important staff in the process. He then spent far more than McCarthy got in one window on some promising players stepping up to this division. To expect them all to step up at once was extraordinarily optimistic.

There are other problems at the club but Hurst has failed due to his own choices. Even when we do play well we can't build on it going into the next match. It's not enough.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:33 - Oct 21 with 2519 viewsjasondozzell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 19:57 - Oct 21 by Guthrum

I agree. He's clearly struggling at the moment. I doubt that the Championship is miles away from League One, but he's definitely going to be coming up against better and more experienced set ups. My worry is he lost his nerve after the start and has started to change too much in terms of line ups etc.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 20:39]
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:36 - Oct 21 with 2506 viewsPJH

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:33 - Oct 21 by jasondozzell

I agree. He's clearly struggling at the moment. I doubt that the Championship is miles away from League One, but he's definitely going to be coming up against better and more experienced set ups. My worry is he lost his nerve after the start and has started to change too much in terms of line ups etc.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 20:39]

Actually the problems stem from when he started to change too much BEFORE the start.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:36 - Oct 21 with 2506 viewsjasondozzell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 19:59 - Oct 21 by sparks

He lost his nerve too early- and has thereafter made some peculiar decisions. Donacien at left back when Kenlockand Knudsen exist- is bizarre.

Accomodating a centre back at right back- bizarre. pick a shape and a team and develop it with round pegs in round holes. He's left that mantra behind. Unfortunate.

I agree again but you can see the thinking. Toto had some good performances early on and so when he was bask from suspension Hurst moved Pennington to RB to get both in team. Pennington has played at RB before. Sadly Toto has looked a bit shaky over last few games and so it looks like it needs changing. Tough to balance loyalty to a player you've worked with and making the right choice. I would drop Toto for Leeds and put Pennington back in the centre.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:37 - Oct 21 with 2502 viewsjasondozzell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:23 - Oct 21 by Mullet

Revisionist nonsense by and large.

Which bits?
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:38 - Oct 21 with 2492 viewsjasondozzell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:32 - Oct 21 by Steve_M

Hurst inherited a mid-table squad and chose to make big changes to it, annoying senior professionals and other important staff in the process. He then spent far more than McCarthy got in one window on some promising players stepping up to this division. To expect them all to step up at once was extraordinarily optimistic.

There are other problems at the club but Hurst has failed due to his own choices. Even when we do play well we can't build on it going into the next match. It's not enough.

What did he change that he didn't have to? By my book Webster, Garner, Waghorn, Didz were all off no matter what.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:41 - Oct 21 with 2475 viewsPJH

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:38 - Oct 21 by jasondozzell

What did he change that he didn't have to? By my book Webster, Garner, Waghorn, Didz were all off no matter what.

I would think that if MM had still been here then Didz would have been the only one gone but if Waggy did actually go the money for him would have been spent much more wisely.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:42 - Oct 21 with 2473 viewsGarv

Where here has the myth of Adeyemi being a creative midfielder come from?

I do think the squad just lacks all round quality. I like Donacien, as a right back, I like Chalobah if used correctly, Dozzell should end up being decent, Edwards has looked brilliant in patches and he's something we've lacked for a long time, but still lacks end product. Other than that than that, we've got no genuine quality. Our strikers are Sears and Jackson, and even if Harrison was fit, was he bringing much to the party? Wide options are lacking, Graham promised so much, Ward is as poor as he was when he bought him. Nolan is a good footballer but he's not going to consistently score or assist many. From what I've seen, Windass would have been a better option.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:44 - Oct 21 with 2460 viewsjasondozzell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:41 - Oct 21 by PJH

I would think that if MM had still been here then Didz would have been the only one gone but if Waggy did actually go the money for him would have been spent much more wisely.

Waggy was always going once derby were interested surely? Whether Mick was here or not. Money and a big contract had turned his head.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:46 - Oct 21 with 2447 viewsjasondozzell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:42 - Oct 21 by Garv

Where here has the myth of Adeyemi being a creative midfielder come from?

I do think the squad just lacks all round quality. I like Donacien, as a right back, I like Chalobah if used correctly, Dozzell should end up being decent, Edwards has looked brilliant in patches and he's something we've lacked for a long time, but still lacks end product. Other than that than that, we've got no genuine quality. Our strikers are Sears and Jackson, and even if Harrison was fit, was he bringing much to the party? Wide options are lacking, Graham promised so much, Ward is as poor as he was when he bought him. Nolan is a good footballer but he's not going to consistently score or assist many. From what I've seen, Windass would have been a better option.

Would agree with much of that. Think it's the playmaking we've really missed. Harrison and Jackson need time - that's why Walters injury was such a disaster.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:48 - Oct 21 with 2447 viewsSteve_M

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:38 - Oct 21 by jasondozzell

Why, all except McGoldrick were under contract. We didn't have to sell any of them, either Evans or Hurst chose to do so. If the players wanted to leave them it was up to Hurst to persuade them he wanted them here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:50 - Oct 21 with 2421 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You’ve got one point very wrong there.

We are a useless squad, and that’s all on Hurst and Evans.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:51 - Oct 21 with 2420 viewsjasondozzell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:48 - Oct 21 by Steve_M

Why, all except McGoldrick were under contract. We didn't have to sell any of them, either Evans or Hurst chose to do so. If the players wanted to leave them it was up to Hurst to persuade them he wanted them here.

Surely a naive view? Players have all the power. As soon as Waggy intimated to Hurst he wanted the Derby move the writing was on the wall. Hurst pretty much explained that.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:53 - Oct 21 with 2409 viewstractorboy1978

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:48 - Oct 21 by Steve_M

We didn’t really try to keep Waghorn at all - no new deal was offered and Hurst was as keen for the money as Waghorn was to leave. So much so we even let him go for less than we wanted.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:54 - Oct 21 with 2400 viewsjasondozzell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:50 - Oct 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

You’ve got one point very wrong there.

We are a useless squad, and that’s all on Hurst and Evans.

There's good players in there.

Edwards has been excellent. Pennington very calm and composed. You can see why Chalobah is rated by Chelsea. I like Jackson- he has potential. Have seen good performances by Donacien and Toto.

Just a lot of change and a bad start - difficult to correct.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:57 - Oct 21 with 2382 viewsjasondozzell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:53 - Oct 21 by tractorboy1978

We didn’t really try to keep Waghorn at all - no new deal was offered and Hurst was as keen for the money as Waghorn was to leave. So much so we even let him go for less than we wanted.

That's Evans not Hurst then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024