Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team 19:38 - Oct 21 with 4461 viewsjasondozzell

Evans won't change it unless absolutely forced to. I think Hurst has made mistakes but he's also inherited a v difficult job. Nothing he could do about the Waghorn situation, long term injuries to midfield playmakers (Huws, Dozzell and Adeyemi) and an increasingly mad league in terms of money being chucked about. A lot of new players came in and it takes time to work. And the Walters injury was more bad luck.

Hurst hasn't become a bad manager overnight and we aren't a useless squad. But we are very short on confidence and it shows.

All we can do is back the team and manager and support them. It can still be turned around.

Would be proud if we kept supporting them and it did turn around.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 19:40]
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:57 - Oct 21 with 1679 viewsGuthrum

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:33 - Oct 21 by jasondozzell

I agree. He's clearly struggling at the moment. I doubt that the Championship is miles away from League One, but he's definitely going to be coming up against better and more experienced set ups. My worry is he lost his nerve after the start and has started to change too much in terms of line ups etc.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 20:39]

Unless Hurst regains his nerve or hits upon an effective formula very sharpish, then he - and we - will run out of time to rescue the season. There has got to come a point where a decision has to be made for the good of the club. We're pretty much at that point now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:58 - Oct 21 with 1680 viewsRoyKeanesDog

There's no dressing it up. Hurst was the wrong appointment. He's out of his depth, and has shown nothing that warrants us to believe in him.

Poll: Best Football Song

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:59 - Oct 21 with 1672 viewsbrogansnose

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:31 - Oct 21 by jasondozzell

That's not how it works though, is it. Waghorn clearly wanted to go and few could begrudge him the move. We had no chance of keeping him. It dragged on and must have been difficult when Hurst as trying to get other deals done.

Waghorn the player who was moving down to Suffolk his wifes family ? After letting him go, lets not forget he's the player who virtually won us games last season- we get in two lower league players who clearly wern't good enough which meant we had to spend money on loaning Walters. It would have made more sense to buy one of the strikers and not waste money on Walters and up Waghorns contract.

FWIW, the bloke has a good track record and I feel is a good manager, but it won't be here, and lessons he's learnt and the mistakes he's made will serve him well albeit at a dreadful cost to Ipswich Town.

Sorry for him, No.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:03 - Oct 21 with 1660 viewsPJH

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:59 - Oct 21 by brogansnose

Waghorn the player who was moving down to Suffolk his wifes family ? After letting him go, lets not forget he's the player who virtually won us games last season- we get in two lower league players who clearly wern't good enough which meant we had to spend money on loaning Walters. It would have made more sense to buy one of the strikers and not waste money on Walters and up Waghorns contract.

FWIW, the bloke has a good track record and I feel is a good manager, but it won't be here, and lessons he's learnt and the mistakes he's made will serve him well albeit at a dreadful cost to Ipswich Town.

Sorry for him, No.

Agree all of that except I do feel just a little bit sorry for him because he seems to be a likeable bloke who is currently in a job that is too big for him.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:13 - Oct 21 with 1644 viewsbrogansnose

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:03 - Oct 21 by PJH

Agree all of that except I do feel just a little bit sorry for him because he seems to be a likeable bloke who is currently in a job that is too big for him.

I think that it would have been better to have a director to work alongside him form the off , although, it seems that he's not one to listen and work under those circumstances. He's come in too headstrong and has misjudged this league. It would have been better for him to have spent this season doing minor adjustments rather than this level of risky and ridiculous changes and that's even before sending out the young guns.

I've got no sympathy for Little Roy whatsoever. He's setting our club back years through his own arrogance and ineptitude. This situation is all of his own doing.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:17 - Oct 21 with 1638 viewsPJH

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:13 - Oct 21 by brogansnose

I think that it would have been better to have a director to work alongside him form the off , although, it seems that he's not one to listen and work under those circumstances. He's come in too headstrong and has misjudged this league. It would have been better for him to have spent this season doing minor adjustments rather than this level of risky and ridiculous changes and that's even before sending out the young guns.

I've got no sympathy for Little Roy whatsoever. He's setting our club back years through his own arrogance and ineptitude. This situation is all of his own doing.

Well if you put it like that....

Everything you say there is correct.

I withdraw my sympathy.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:24 - Oct 21 with 1628 viewsmonty_radio

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:46 - Oct 21 by jasondozzell

Would agree with much of that. Think it's the playmaking we've really missed. Harrison and Jackson need time - that's why Walters injury was such a disaster.

We've been missing playmaking forever. Mick sailed on by, and Saturday, keeping it down, we were boys against men.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:39 - Oct 21 with 1601 viewsmonty_radio

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:32 - Oct 21 by Steve_M

Hurst inherited a mid-table squad and chose to make big changes to it, annoying senior professionals and other important staff in the process. He then spent far more than McCarthy got in one window on some promising players stepping up to this division. To expect them all to step up at once was extraordinarily optimistic.

There are other problems at the club but Hurst has failed due to his own choices. Even when we do play well we can't build on it going into the next match. It's not enough.

A "mid-table" squad Steve? Two home wins in 20 is a stat that embraces last year's end and this year's start. We continue to slide down the same pole.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 21:40]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:42 - Oct 21 with 1590 viewsPlums

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:58 - Oct 21 by RoyKeanesDog

There's no dressing it up. Hurst was the wrong appointment. He's out of his depth, and has shown nothing that warrants us to believe in him.

27 players so far this season would back that up

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:46 - Oct 21 with 1593 viewsPJH

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:39 - Oct 21 by monty_radio

A "mid-table" squad Steve? Two home wins in 20 is a stat that embraces last year's end and this year's start. We continue to slide down the same pole.

That two home wins stat is appalling but we did not actually slide too much at the back end of last season because we started 2018 in 12th place(I think) and finished in 12th place.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 21:46]
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:46 - Oct 21 with 1590 viewspatrickswell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:38 - Oct 21 by jasondozzell

What did he change that he didn't have to? By my book Webster, Garner, Waghorn, Didz were all off no matter what.

Webster was never off of his own choice. Given his injury record over the time he was here, he couldn’t really shout the odds about whether we were a good enough club for him.

Waghorn had his head turned after one good season, but think he would have stayed had we slapped a not for sale notice on him a la Didz in 2014-15.

Didz was gone regardless and it seems Garner had family issues motivating his move. Worth remembering that Hurst had no loyalty or connection to these players. He took the money in the hope that he would have a clean slate to work with at the earliest opportunity. I can see the appeal, but he needed it to work and up to now, barring one or two exceptions, it really hasn’t.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:54 - Oct 21 with 1540 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 22:55 - Oct 21 with 1538 viewsReuser_is_God

I don’t.

He’s the one who has built this inept squad.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team (n/t) on 01:14 - Oct 22 with 1479 viewsGarv

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:25 - Oct 21 by tractorboy1978

Is Dozzell's knee any better now than it was? He got desperate and thought I can't leave him out any longer. That or he was told to play him by powers above him.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 1:15]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 01:27 - Oct 22 with 1478 viewsGuthrum

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:39 - Oct 21 by monty_radio

There's actually 3 wins in the last 20 home League games, plus 10 draws. There were 6 wins in the last 20 away League matches, nearly one in three.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 09:12 - Oct 22 with 1393 viewsTractorgirlforever

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:58 - Oct 21 by RoyKeanesDog

I didnt hear anyone saying hurst was the wrong appointment when we got him. Everyone was happy we had got our man and excited for the future..theres still reason to be excited for the future, its a huge change, it might take a season in league 1 to get it right and bounce back much stronger and a more experienced squad
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 10:54 - Oct 22 with 1371 viewsCurrie10

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:54 - Oct 21 by jasondozzell

There's good players in there.

Edwards has been excellent. Pennington very calm and composed. You can see why Chalobah is rated by Chelsea. I like Jackson- he has potential. Have seen good performances by Donacien and Toto.

Just a lot of change and a bad start - difficult to correct.

Hmmmm think you are clutching at straws of the highest proportion here.

While Edwards is decent, the shape of the team doesn't help massively him achieve. He's our main threat so stick 2 men on him and we go from little threat to zero threat.

Chalobah can be decent at times sure, but has at least 2 / 3 silly passes in him a game and a potential switch off error.

Pennington has now been shoved at RB.

Collectively, this squad assembled isn't remotely good enough for this league.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 10:58 - Oct 22 with 1366 viewschicoazul

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 20:51 - Oct 21 by jasondozzell

Surely a naive view? Players have all the power. As soon as Waggy intimated to Hurst he wanted the Derby move the writing was on the wall. Hurst pretty much explained that.

We could have literally said No you're not going, same as we have done many times before. Takes a good Manager though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 10:58 - Oct 22 with 1365 viewsoldollie

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 10:54 - Oct 22 by Currie10

While Edwards is decent, the shape of the team doesn't help massively him achieve. He's our main threat so stick 2 men on him and we go from little threat to zero threat.

Chalobah can be decent at times sure, but has at least 2 / 3 silly passes in him a game and a potential switch off error.

As you say some cracking players in the squad just need that bit of luck to change and all will be well

The pant wettetmrs need to calm down and let the management team sort it out
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 11:00 - Oct 22 with 1363 viewsFrimleyBlue

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 19:57 - Oct 21 by Guthrum

'Hurst hasn't become a bad manager overnight' - maybe not, but he is in a different environment to where he had success before and doesn't seem to have the answers for the situation now.

If he is trying to do what worked in League One and it isn't in the Championship, then there must be something that he's missing, some element he hasn't taken into consideration. Perhaps it's that defences are a little bit stronger and better organised, so his former attacking methods are no longer effective.

Whatever, unless he can identify the problem and fix it, he has failed and will continue to do so.

"'Hurst hasn't become a bad manager overnight'

Maybe not overnight, but winning only 12 games in 27 before taking the town job, something clearly changed with him after xmas.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 11:04 - Oct 22 with 1358 viewsjasondozzell

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 10:54 - Oct 22 by Currie10

Looked decent enough against Villa, Blackburn, Norwich etc. I think unfortunately Hurst's loyalty to Toto and Nolan actually harmed matters after a promising start.
Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 11:13 - Oct 22 with 1351 viewsflimflam

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 21:03 - Oct 21 by PJH

My 10 year old lads shoes would be too big for him.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Feel sorry for Hurst - we have to stick with him and team on 11:41 - Oct 22 with 1328 viewsTractorJack

The worst thing about the Waghorn sale is that we turned down bids earlier in the summer, only to settle for less because the transfer deadline was nearing and Hurst wanted the money to get Jackson, Nolan and Nsiala in. Surely Hurst has to take some blame for that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024