Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Set pieces 20:29 - Oct 21 with 1134 viewsCuffy81

Offensively and defensively, does anyone know their job? What are we trying to do? Do we practice any routines in training? At the moment we look like we don't even know who should be taking them.

I can accept the general lack of quality given the levels of investment and the players we have lost. I find it harder to accept the fact we don't even seem to have a plan for the most basic elements of play.
Set pieces on 20:31 - Oct 21 with 1118 viewsPJH

I think Pennington marks Chambo and Donacien marks Nsiala, or is that Nsiala marks Donacien?
Set pieces on 20:53 - Oct 21 with 1089 viewsGarv

Defending them - I guess to an extent it comes down to organisation, but we are not a physically imposing team, the only player you might be intimidated by is Nsiala. Chalobah is okay but not very aggressive.

Attempting them ourselves is a horror show. They look genuinely Sunday league standard. I agree you'd accept the genuine lack of quality from open play if we had good dead ball delivery. While Graham and Ward weren't playing, Nolan had to be told to go and take them, and it was fairly clear he didn't want to!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Set pieces on 21:51 - Oct 21 with 1057 viewsJDB23

When people say they feel sorry for Hurst given the situation we are in, how our good players wanted to leave and how Evans didn't reinvest enough, this is one of the main arguments I would use to suggest that he is just not up to the task.

Even if the players we have are crap, it doesn't mean they have to be this disastrous at both ends on set pieces. This is down to coaching and organisation. I go back to a pre match interview Hurst done after the first international break where he was asked about our weakness at set pieces and was he working on them, he pretty much stated we weren't as players should know what they need to do. The guy has to go.
Set pieces on 08:52 - Oct 22 with 964 viewsitfcjoe

I was talking about this on Blue Monday podcast, laast night and a few weeks back.

When we get one, no one knows who is even supposed to be taking them! It's an absolute joke. For a poor team in the league, you can at least be organised at setpieces and that can be the difference between staying up and going down.

We can't defend them, and whilst we've scored from a couple this year, we look lost when we get them - everyone looks at each other and whoever draws the short straw meanders across to take it - it is infuriating!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Set pieces on 09:13 - Oct 22 with 940 viewsReuser_is_God

No, no they don't.

The QPR set pieces Saturday were so, so basic & we still couldn't deal with them.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024