Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flying BA long haul and streaming? 00:38 - Oct 22 with 4382 viewsmonytowbray

I’m off to MERICA on Saturday and I want to binge Man In The High Castle S3 which is on prime. Anyone who has flown lately got any recent insight to what’s streamable on board with the built in screens? Could I plug a USB in? Or bluetooth my phone to the sceen? I CBA to lug my laptop along with me.

Cheers.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 00:46 - Oct 22 with 4364 viewsEly_Blue

Any long haul flights I’ve done recently with either scheduled or package airlines don’t/haven’t allowed you to stream your own things onto their screens, usb is purely for charging only.

Planes run their own software systems that run the entertainment systems

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 03:13 - Oct 22 with 4316 viewsmonytowbray

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 00:46 - Oct 22 by Ely_Blue

Any long haul flights I’ve done recently with either scheduled or package airlines don’t/haven’t allowed you to stream your own things onto their screens, usb is purely for charging only.

Planes run their own software systems that run the entertainment systems

Cheers, might have to borrow an iPad off someone if I can blag one.

Never been long haul before so this is all new to me anyway!

TWTD never forgets…

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 06:55 - Oct 22 with 4254 viewsTractorWood

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 03:13 - Oct 22 by monytowbray

I went to South Asia last week and the film selection was excellent, so you could just enjoy those. Some have only just been pulled from the cinema. No streaming potential though.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 07:22 - Oct 22 with 4226 viewsitfcjoe

No chance of streaming anything - you should be able to look up what entertainment selection will be online before you fly and make a judgement on whether there is enough on there to watch

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 08:06 - Oct 22 with 4200 viewsartsbossbeard

Just take advantage of the plentiful selection of films/tv programmes on the entertainment provided. The USB is for charging only, so you'd need to bring your own if you want to watch something specific (and downloaded to the device firstly).

Interestingly, I'm of to Oz on Virgin Australia and they don't offer the screens in seats option. Instead, you download the Virgin Australia app to your phone/tablet and this then syncs with the plane's entertainment system when it picks up the signal.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 08:09 - Oct 22 with 4191 viewsElderGrizzly

Definitely no streaming to the back of the seat screen. Depends on the route with BA, some have wifi, but that is normally not allowed to stream netflix type stuff.

Next ‘innovation’ for airlines is to allow content from ipads to screens, but has only been tried by a few airlines so far.

Entertainment selection is fairlly decent now on most long hauls too. Think BA has over 200 movies on demand and 600 odd TV episodes
Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 08:17 - Oct 22 with 4172 viewsStokieBlue

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 08:09 - Oct 22 by ElderGrizzly

Definitely no streaming to the back of the seat screen. Depends on the route with BA, some have wifi, but that is normally not allowed to stream netflix type stuff.

Next ‘innovation’ for airlines is to allow content from ipads to screens, but has only been tried by a few airlines so far.

Entertainment selection is fairlly decent now on most long hauls too. Think BA has over 200 movies on demand and 600 odd TV episodes

Pretty sure when I flew Singapore Airline a few months back you could stream content from your device to the seat screen.

I might have that wrong though since I didn't bother trying as the film content was excellent.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 08:45 - Oct 22 with 4138 viewsGeoffSentence

Can't you download a few episodes to your phone before you go? Small screen I know, but you will be close up to it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 09:36 - Oct 22 with 4074 viewseireblue

Don't forget to pre-book your vegan meal.

Depending on the flight, the main meal maybe vegan, but the second may just be a snack, and fairly frequently they don't have a vegan option, so you may have to bring your own snacks.
Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 10:11 - Oct 22 with 4045 viewsDurovigutum

I paid for internet to get the Ipswich score as we flew over the Gobi desert, took almost 45 minutes to load.... Download onto your device before you leave, that works nicely.
Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 11:35 - Oct 22 with 3998 viewsBluefish

I'm flying to the USA on Saturday with BA. Going to brilliant if you are sat next to me

Bit of a longshot

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 13:47 - Oct 22 with 3942 viewsmonytowbray

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 11:35 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

I'm flying to the USA on Saturday with BA. Going to brilliant if you are sat next to me

Bit of a longshot

LAX leaving around 3pm?

TWTD never forgets…

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 13:56 - Oct 22 with 3927 viewsartsbossbeard

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 13:47 - Oct 22 by monytowbray

LAX leaving around 3pm?

As the boards LA and So-Cal expert are you ok for things to do whilst in The Golden State?

Dodgers v Red Sox Mens Rounders final starts Tuesday.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 14:00 - Oct 22 with 3901 viewsBluefish

LAX leaving around 3pm?

LGW-ORL at 13:25

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 12:23 - Oct 23 with 3780 viewsJ2BLUE

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 03:13 - Oct 22 by monytowbray

Kindle Fire 7s available for £40 now if you're looking for a cheap but decent enough tablet for watching Prime. Assuming the flight has wifi as it's only 8GB.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-Tablet-Alexa-Display-Black/dp/B01J90O0N4

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 12:45 - Oct 23 with 3744 viewsBurwell_Blue

LAX leaving around 3pm?

Someone put a call into customs

"Fake meat products concealed on person"
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 16:18]
Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 13:00 - Oct 23 with 3732 viewsTrequartista

You will have no problems with the language, i couldn't understand a word of that.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 13:51 - Oct 23 with 3700 viewsmonytowbray

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 13:00 - Oct 23 by Trequartista

You will have no problems with the language, i couldn't understand a word of that.

I feel like that when my bandmates talk about recording music. I'm like REVERB THE FORTH CAB AND ADD SOME WIDDLY DISTORTION.

TWTD never forgets…

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 15:25 - Oct 23 with 3646 viewstampa_bay

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 09:36 - Oct 22 by eireblue

Don't forget to pre-book your vegan meal.

Depending on the flight, the main meal maybe vegan, but the second may just be a snack, and fairly frequently they don't have a vegan option, so you may have to bring your own snacks.

I always love the part where they ask, “did you order the vegan meal?” and the entire plane turns around to look at the freak!
Indeed on 15:28 - Oct 23 with 3645 viewsDyland

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 08:06 - Oct 22 by artsbossbeard

Just take advantage of the plentiful selection of films/tv programmes on the entertainment provided. The USB is for charging only, so you'd need to bring your own if you want to watch something specific (and downloaded to the device firstly).

Interestingly, I'm of to Oz on Virgin Australia and they don't offer the screens in seats option. Instead, you download the Virgin Australia app to your phone/tablet and this then syncs with the plane's entertainment system when it picks up the signal.

I flew to NYC yesterday and watched American Animals, Avengers Infinity War, and most of Deadpool 2.

Oh, you said take advantage of the selection...

Arf.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 15:28]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Flying BA long haul and streaming? on 19:20 - Oct 23 with 3571 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Chromebook and download. That's the way I travel so must must be the best way of going about it.

Streaming is still spotty over the water. Ok on United/Delta, rubbish on one world carriers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024