Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's even worse when you look up the road... 08:23 - Oct 22 with 7569 viewsitfcjoe

Scum in 6th place, 3 academy players playing regularly (including Todd Cantwell from Stowmarket ), and Jordan Rhodes from our academy

A bunch of no mark Germans in the squad all playing with an identity and style.

SHows what having some leadership off the pitch in the football side of the club can do - as opposed to an owner who tries to effectively be the Chief Exec too - it is such a tinpot operation here off the field

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 08:36 - Oct 22 with 4649 viewsElephantintheRoom

Unfair comparison. Norwich have deliberately NOT followed the ITFC strategy of selling out to an offshore spiv. They have had their ups and downs and were considered to be in as big a mess as Town all of six weeks ago. Sad to say Norwich are far more connected with their fan base than Town and have retained their identity and integrity - those are really the only differences. Best to compare Town with Blackburn or Coventry.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 08:39 - Oct 22 with 4631 viewschicoazul

Well to be fair they showed patience with their Manager/Project last season when they nearly gave him the flick.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 08:46 - Oct 22 with 4601 viewsTownly

Cat 'A' seems to be producing the goods for them as well.

Have we actually given up on that prized asset? Why?

No sooner has Maddison gone than they produce another one who seems nearly as promising. Todd Cantwell is fitting the bill very well by all accounts ... it's turning into a production line.

I put forward the idea that Ipswich needed a Director of Football a few weeks ago, but nobody on here responded.

It does seem the way to go, especially with an inexperienced manager. Instead we have the Marcus and Milne (who?) pairing and neither seems to have much idea when it comes to the nitty gritty of running a professional football club (from transfer business, to PR and on to youth management) in this day and age.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 8:52]
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:07 - Oct 22 with 4540 viewsdavblue

They've had a really good 6 weeks, like some have said here.

Im not sure at the moment they are one to hold up as an example, they might be in a couple of years but it's too early to say yet. They are better than us but let's not forget, they've underachieved massively in the last 2 seasons, they've had big wage budgets for the league.
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:08 - Oct 22 with 4524 viewsFixed_It

How long ago was the derby? No way would I have had them doing better than us based on that match.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:12 - Oct 22 with 4499 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 08:36 - Oct 22 by ElephantintheRoom

Unfair comparison. Norwich have deliberately NOT followed the ITFC strategy of selling out to an offshore spiv. They have had their ups and downs and were considered to be in as big a mess as Town all of six weeks ago. Sad to say Norwich are far more connected with their fan base than Town and have retained their identity and integrity - those are really the only differences. Best to compare Town with Blackburn or Coventry.

Sounds like one big happy family

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:15 - Oct 22 with 4491 viewsNo9

It was never in question that Herr Farke would produce a footballing team given time.

Like it or not Delia has done well for the budgies.

Where are those shouting mind the gap?
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:30 - Oct 22 with 4457 viewsitfcjoe

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 08:46 - Oct 22 by Townly

No sooner has Maddison gone than they produce another one who seems nearly as promising. Todd Cantwell is fitting the bill very well by all accounts ... it's turning into a production line.

I put forward the idea that Ipswich needed a Director of Football a few weeks ago, but nobody on here responded.

It does seem the way to go, especially with an inexperienced manager. Instead we have the Marcus and Milne (who?) pairing and neither seems to have much idea when it comes to the nitty gritty of running a professional football club (from transfer business, to PR and on to youth management) in this day and age.

I've been saying about a DoF or similar for years is required - it is so obvious.

Evans tries to act as one but is only at the club on a part time basis, and isn't an expert on football

Login to get fewer ads

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:32 - Oct 22 with 4426 viewsBluefish

They bought maddison from Coventry

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:33 - Oct 22 with 4416 viewsTractorJack

Maddison is not a Norwich product by the way. It's like us claiming Cresswell.
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:34 - Oct 22 with 4413 viewshaughleyblue74

Cantwell is from Dereham and has lived there all his life
I believe, his dad's family are from stowmarket.
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:37 - Oct 22 with 4387 viewsSamWhiteUK

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:15 - Oct 22 by No9

It was never in question that Herr Farke would produce a footballing team given time.

Like it or not Delia has done well for the budgies.

Where are those shouting mind the gap?

What do you mean it was never in question? Were you jealous when he took over there?
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:44 - Oct 22 with 4361 viewsPinewoodblue

We seem to always be making the wrong decisions.

We have an U23 side which is playing in a better style thsn the first team and seems more technically proficient. We have decided not to participate in the U23 cup presumably to save the pitch yet it would have given the development side a chance to play against the premier league clubs.

What next not bother to enter the FA cup.?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:01 - Oct 22 with 4305 viewsoldollie

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:44 - Oct 22 by Pinewoodblue

We have an U23 side which is playing in a better style thsn the first team and seems more technically proficient. We have decided not to participate in the U23 cup presumably to save the pitch yet it would have given the development side a chance to play against the premier league clubs.

They have a clear strategy of self funding so they have to produce youngsters but there is a clear and understood by all

A far cry from Evans
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:23 - Oct 22 with 4254 viewsPhilTWTD

Only a matter of months ago they overhauled their academy as it was performing poorly so probably a bit premature to hail it as a success. It will also be interesting to see how long they maintain Cat 1 if they remain in the Championship given the cost.
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:26 - Oct 22 with 4230 viewsTownly

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:33 - Oct 22 by TractorJack

Maddison is not a Norwich product by the way. It's like us claiming Cresswell.

We all know that.

He matured through their youth system though.

They used their academy status along with money accumulated from their (shortish) PL stay to be able to finance the risk of buying a very young but promising player from a lower league club.
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:27 - Oct 22 with 4218 viewsBluefish

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:26 - Oct 22 by Townly

We all know that.

He matured through their youth system though.

They used their academy status along with money accumulated from their (shortish) PL stay to be able to finance the risk of buying a very young but promising player from a lower league club.

They bought him when he was a 1st team player at Coventry and then sent him to Scotland on loan. Not really maturing in their youth system

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:34 - Oct 22 with 4190 viewsJ2BLUE

Not because it was a bad idea but because we know Evans won't do it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:38 - Oct 22 with 4178 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:44 - Oct 22 by Pinewoodblue

We've not bothered with that for years
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:40 - Oct 22 with 4166 viewsTownly

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:27 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

They bought him when he was a 1st team player at Coventry and then sent him to Scotland on loan. Not really maturing in their youth system

Well we can be mealy mouthed about it and my quick wiki of the player would support this stance as they apparently initially lent him back to Coventry, but he was as much on the NCFC books as the youngsters we have currently out on loan are on the ITFC books and I would hope that the connections with the parent club, including youth games, training sessions, monitoring and general upbringing remain strong in both cases.

All part of the managing a youth policy surely and during which time the player's value increased by over £20m
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:50 - Oct 22 with 4134 viewsitfcjoe

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:40 - Oct 22 by Townly

Well we can be mealy mouthed about it and my quick wiki of the player would support this stance as they apparently initially lent him back to Coventry, but he was as much on the NCFC books as the youngsters we have currently out on loan are on the ITFC books and I would hope that the connections with the parent club, including youth games, training sessions, monitoring and general upbringing remain strong in both cases.

All part of the managing a youth policy surely and during which time the player's value increased by over £20m

I don't see the need to claim Maddison as a Norwich youth product - he was signed for £3m, sent on loan, sent on loan again then came back and played a season.

The Murphy twins sold for a combined £20m+, Jamal Lewis, Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell have come through the system and are doign brilliantly and will likely be sold for big money - they are the proof what they are doing in that regard is working, not JM

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 11:05 - Oct 22 with 4092 viewsflimflam

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 09:34 - Oct 22 by haughleyblue74

Cantwell is from Dereham and has lived there all his life
I believe, his dad's family are from stowmarket.

His dad is certainly from Stowmarket as I went to school with, played football with for many years and even worked with him for a while.

His lad was not picked earlier in the season due to contract issues so was basically sidelined until he signed a new contract to replace his existing one which he refused quite rightly and is now in the first team and doing very well.

Interesting the money Norwich were throwing around at youth players when they were a little more flush and how they are then trying to rip those same contracts up now and replace with lesser ones.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 11:13 - Oct 22 with 4051 viewshaughleyblue74

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 11:05 - Oct 22 by flimflam

His dad is certainly from Stowmarket as I went to school with, played football with for many years and even worked with him for a while.

His lad was not picked earlier in the season due to contract issues so was basically sidelined until he signed a new contract to replace his existing one which he refused quite rightly and is now in the first team and doing very well.

Interesting the money Norwich were throwing around at youth players when they were a little more flush and how they are then trying to rip those same contracts up now and replace with lesser ones.

Yes Steve played for many local clubs including haughley, old newton, stonham and Elmswell
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 11:15 - Oct 22 with 4044 viewsTownly

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 10:50 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

I don't see the need to claim Maddison as a Norwich youth product - he was signed for £3m, sent on loan, sent on loan again then came back and played a season.

The Murphy twins sold for a combined £20m+, Jamal Lewis, Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell have come through the system and are doign brilliantly and will likely be sold for big money - they are the proof what they are doing in that regard is working, not JM

The Murphys (£20m+) Maddison (£20m+) now Cantwell and the others you mentioned.

That's a money producing production line whatever off-spin you want to put on it.

I'm suggesting that youth are not lent out on loan and then left to get on with it by the parent club, far from it.

I'm suggesting that Academy A status might have been a lure for Maddison and academy status is the bottom line of any club's youth policy.

Therefore back to my real point about what has happened to our own Academy A ambitions?

The importance of the significance that these seem to have been shelved seems to have been lost amid current woes.
It's even worse when you look up the road... on 11:25 - Oct 22 with 3999 viewsitfcjoe

It's even worse when you look up the road... on 11:15 - Oct 22 by Townly

The Murphys (£20m+) Maddison (£20m+) now Cantwell and the others you mentioned.

That's a money producing production line whatever off-spin you want to put on it.

I'm suggesting that youth are not lent out on loan and then left to get on with it by the parent club, far from it.

I'm suggesting that Academy A status might have been a lure for Maddison and academy status is the bottom line of any club's youth policy.

Therefore back to my real point about what has happened to our own Academy A ambitions?

The importance of the significance that these seem to have been shelved seems to have been lost amid current woes.

Maddison wasn't lured by academy status in reality, he was out of the academy by that point and not seen as one for U23 football - it's just a totally separate thing (which has also worked well)

I'm not sure the academy status is the be all and end all, it obviously helps to be higher but ultimately you need to show as an academy that:

You offer good coaching
You treat boys well pastoral care wise
It is a good environment
Boys are rewarded when it is due
The pathway to U18s and U23s exists.

And most importantly there is a pathway into the 1st team,a dn that you will be given proper opportunities.

Ipswich have shown that, and our academy is producing players and these players have been stepping up - it has hit a speed bump this year with regards to the loaning out of Woolfenden and Nydam especially.

Norwich academy is in similar health to ipswich's - but the manager is giving guys games and a consistent run in the side at the moment but there is very little between them despite the different categories.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024