Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sad thing about all this... 10:33 - Oct 22 with 3298 viewsITFCBlues

Is that a new manager really isn’t likely to make any difference is he? This group of players is just so poor. That side that played Saturday was almost as good as it gets bar the full backs perhaps. There’s just little to no quality in there. We’re desperate for Huws, Bishop & Adeyemi to return to provide a bit more quality and also bit more Championship experience.

It really is just utterly depressing

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

The sad thing about all this... on 10:35 - Oct 22 with 2907 viewsitfcjoe

If someone came in and organised that side properly it is more than capable of finishing 19th or so. That is all that is needed this season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The sad thing about all this... on 10:38 - Oct 22 with 2888 viewsCuffy81

A new manager would organise us, start playing players in their best positions and have some tactics for set pieces both defensively and offensively. That would be an improvement on Saturday and the Boro game.
The sad thing about all this... on 10:39 - Oct 22 with 2884 viewsbadadski

It would now make a difference, the biggest thing that happened after the West Ham friendly was the Shrews maybe some what unexpectedly allowing Nolan and Toto to go and come here and go straight into the squad without having played all the pre season games getting used to the rest of the squad.

The pre season squad looked to be coming on, with us playing nicely on occasions until the 2 Shrews came in and to be fair looked poor in most games.

Hurst has only just dropped Nolan but more for the fact that he knows that it will keep what little is left of the crowd on his side due to playing Dozell not because he thinks Dozell is ready for it. He is also showing that he will most likely stick with Toto regardless of mistakes probably not wanting to admit and hurt his pride of wasting almost 3 million on 2 players not up to the required grade.
The sad thing about all this... on 10:42 - Oct 22 with 2866 viewsReuser_is_God

The sad thing about all this... on 10:35 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

If someone came in and organised that side properly it is more than capable of finishing 19th or so. That is all that is needed this season

Is it though?

I genuinely can't see that. The squad Mick inherited was 10x better than what a new man coming in now would inherit.

I think we're doomed whatever happens.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The sad thing about all this... on 10:46 - Oct 22 with 2847 viewsJ2BLUE

Someone like MM would keep this squad up comfortably IMO. Add some experience in January and get everyone organised.

Honestly, i'm not rewriting history because we didn't know it would turn out like this and it was time for a change, but can anyone think of a better candidate than McCarthy to be our manager? I know it won't and can't happen but I can't think of anyone better. We'll likely end up with a 'Mick lite' and be doomed to spend the next few seasons battling away in the bottom third of the league.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The sad thing about all this... on 10:48 - Oct 22 with 2841 viewsitfcjoe

The sad thing about all this... on 10:42 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

Is it though?

I genuinely can't see that. The squad Mick inherited was 10x better than what a new man coming in now would inherit.

The squad that Mick inherited got 60 points and finished 14th - we would probably need to get about 48 points to finish 20th.

That year Mick came in was mental - Peterborough got relegated with 54 points, since then that would have been enough to finish 16th, 17th, 17th, 17th and 17th.

If we get 40 points over next 33 games we'd be fine - it's not that many.

We are realistically in 7 team scrap at the bottom with Rotherham, Millwall, preston, Reading, Hull and most likely Bolton who are a few points ahead.

The sad thing about all this... on 10:51 - Oct 22 with 2812 viewsReuser_is_God

The sad thing about all this... on 10:48 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

The squad that Mick inherited got 60 points and finished 14th - we would probably need to get about 48 points to finish 20th.

That year Mick came in was mental - Peterborough got relegated with 54 points, since then that would have been enough to finish 16th, 17th, 17th, 17th and 17th.

We are realistically in 7 team scrap at the bottom with Rotherham, Millwall, preston, Reading, Hull and most likely Bolton who are a few points ahead.

Agree that it won't be a big total to stay up this season but I still can't see us getting enough.

We're absolutely sh1t.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The sad thing about all this... on 10:56 - Oct 22 with 2791 viewsJakeITFC

The sad thing about all this... on 10:51 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

Agree that it won't be a big total to stay up this season but I still can't see us getting enough.

We're absolutely sh1t.

Need to stay in touch until January and then sign 6 or 7 players probably.

I really think a back to basics approach would see us pick up the occasional result at this level, because we are still conceding a lot of our goals from set pieces and are able to be relatively competitive outside of that if well drilled.

The obvious problem is the lack of forwards, hopefully Ellis Harrison gets back sooner rather than later because at least he adds a bit of physicality.
Login to get fewer ads

The sad thing about all this... on 10:57 - Oct 22 with 2784 viewsGuthrum

Is it though?

I disagree.

We've got two good 'keepers.

Knudsen and Donacien are perfectly competent fullbacks, plus cover.

Chambers, Pennington and Nsiala (probably in that order) at CB

Skuse at DM, with Downes as understudy.

Chalobah (ought to be played in a more attacking role) and Dozzell, plus optionally Edun and Ward in CM.

Edwards, Ward, Edun out wide.

Strikers is the weakest area, with Sears and Jackson, but with better supply, they are likely to score more often.

Eight of those were first team players last season.

The biggest issues are that they don't know where each other are on the pitch, don't help teammates out, there is no effective tactical structure and everyone is lacking in confidence. All of those could potentially be sorted out by a new manager.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The sad thing about all this... on 10:59 - Oct 22 with 2764 viewstextbackup

Am I the only one thinking that this is the most Ipswich thing that could have happened...

Promote the hashtag new era

And the new era is worse than the old one that was so boringly bad that I’d probably even take it back 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The sad thing about all this... on 11:03 - Oct 22 with 2732 viewsitfcjoe

The sad thing about all this... on 10:59 - Oct 22 by textbackup

Am I the only one thinking that this is the most Ipswich thing that could have happened...

And the new era is worse than the old one that was so boringly bad that I’d probably even take it back 😂

It shows just how much of a mess we are off the pitch as well as on it - that he has been allowed to come in and f*ck everyone off and no-one is in place to wind him in, and help him!

This just needs to end now, it's pathetic. We'd be better off with Nash and Hogg in charge now

The sad thing about all this... on 11:04 - Oct 22 with 2727 viewsJakeITFC

The sad thing about all this... on 10:59 - Oct 22 by textbackup

The chances are it always going to be worse than McCarthy when he left.

He was holding the club together. The hope was that we’d have a couple of transitional seasons where results probably dipped but that you’d be able to see that we were building a playing style, blooding youths and supplementing our existing core of Championship players with exciting lower league talent.

We’ve tried to do too much at once, handed the keys to the club to a bloke who has never spent money in his life, allowed him to alienate senior players and make decisions on our youngster after five minutes. It has been a disaster because of this - but he can’t take all of the blame for it.
The sad thing about all this... on 11:08 - Oct 22 with 2716 viewsITFCBlues

It’d require another manager like Mick.

Where will the goals come from?

I actually think on paper, the defence could be solid enough

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

The sad thing about all this... on 12:42 - Oct 22 with 2623 viewsGuthrum

The sad thing about all this... on 11:08 - Oct 22 by ITFCBlues

It’d require another manager like Mick.

Where will the goals come from?

I actually think on paper, the defence could be solid enough

If we tighten up the defence, then we need fewer goals.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The sad thing about all this... on 12:51 - Oct 22 with 2584 viewsPJH

The sad thing about all this... on 12:42 - Oct 22 by Guthrum

If we tighten up the defence, then we need fewer goals.

Yes, I loved the back to the wall 1-0 away wins we used to get-remember them?

Trouble is we have already been to Derby.
The sad thing about all this... on 12:52 - Oct 22 with 2581 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

So we lost to rotherham and hull
drew 0 0 against bolton

the games against millwall, preston and reading are coming up fast - Reading and Preston can score goals - we let in 1 and best I'm afraid to say our heads will be on the floor.
The Millwall game on Saturday is crucial to start off these games
The sad thing about all this... on 18:33 - Oct 22 with 2472 viewsWestSussexBlue

The sad thing about all this... on 10:56 - Oct 22 by JakeITFC

Need to stay in touch until January and then sign 6 or 7 players probably.

I really think a back to basics approach would see us pick up the occasional result at this level, because we are still conceding a lot of our goals from set pieces and are able to be relatively competitive outside of that if well drilled.

The obvious problem is the lack of forwards, hopefully Ellis Harrison gets back sooner rather than later because at least he adds a bit of physicality.

The return of Harrison makes absolutely no difference, he’s a league one forward currently in the championship.
Poor signing particularly when Wells and Hemed we’re available.
The sad thing about all this... on 18:52 - Oct 22 with 2428 viewswallyvincent

I totally disagree. Yes it’s a poor group but playing players in their proper positions , getting them organised to defend set pieces etc J think there are the players in the senior and youth squads to put a team out that is capable of showing something more than relegation form.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

The sad thing about all this... on 18:52 - Oct 22 with 2428 viewsgordon

Obviously it's hard to say what'll happen once Hurst were replaced, and depends on who the replacement is, but the lack of any kind of goalscorer in the squad is the biggest problem. Could be quite easily solved in January if we get a really good DJ Campbell type loan in though.

And just by picking a left-footed left back we'd be much better at building attacks, and a coaching team who could be bothered to work on set-pieces would be a massive boost.

Overall I think that this is the season when we go down, unless Evans comes up with a really good appointment and makes the decision quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if we were in League 2 in a couple of years either, following a period in administration after Evans pulls the plug with no other buyer lined up.
The sad thing about all this... on 19:08 - Oct 22 with 2393 viewsBent_double

Oh come on, there's still hope! 33 games to go, we probably just need to win 10 of those, plus another 6 or 7 draws and we'll be fine.

We're probably only 7 or 8 points behind where we should be this season - it doesn't look like there are any outstanding teams in the division - no-ones even managing 2 points per game yet.

If he's going though, it needs to be after the game on Wednesday - regardless of the result, and I've got a funny feeling that they may underestimate us the same way Swansea did...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

The sad thing about all this... on 19:13 - Oct 22 with 2373 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Is it though?

2 wins at PR in 2018. Apparently our worst ever was 5 at home in a calendar year and that lead to relegation anyway. Hurst has to go now, November international break will be too late, Xmas definitely will.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

The sad thing about all this... on 19:22 - Oct 22 with 2339 viewsRob88

The sad thing about all this... on 10:46 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

Someone like MM would keep this squad up comfortably IMO. Add some experience in January and get everyone organised.

Honestly, i'm not rewriting history because we didn't know it would turn out like this and it was time for a change, but can anyone think of a better candidate than McCarthy to be our manager? I know it won't and can't happen but I can't think of anyone better. We'll likely end up with a 'Mick lite' and be doomed to spend the next few seasons battling away in the bottom third of the league.

That’s exactly what we need, and I have been shot down for implying as such on another thread.

It was time for a change but a manager is one factor of many that contributes towards a successful football club.
The sad thing about all this... on 19:31 - Oct 22 with 2307 viewschristiand

40 points is huge when you only have 9 points after 13 games. I agree about those other teams you listed are involved in a relegation scrap, but it's a concern when you have already lost to Rotherham and Hull and got a tepid 0-0 at home to a 10 man Bolton side. The Millwall, Preston and Reading games have now become extremely important fixtures to get something from, but currently I just can't see it.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 19:37]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The sad thing about all this... on 19:33 - Oct 22 with 2288 viewsbluefunk

While a new manger would not be able to approach things like MM did, with regard to immediate recruits, much of sport at any level is in the mind, and there are loads of examples of this. That said, we don’t show any sign of having the quality currently to accumulate another, say, 15 points before the window opens.

So, if 48 points is the target, the goal must be to stay in touch with 20th place and that means getting everyone to pull together, make them buy into the plan ( if rumours are true thus isn’t likely to happen under Hurst) and setting up to frustrate, starting with a solid and experienced back 4 and giving the players explicit instructions on how they should play, all things that look sadly lacking currently.

I have watched Town for over 50 years and I have never seen a side perform worse than that on Saturday, with so few players that could, based on last performances, help us off the bottom of the league. Yes things were as dark under Jewell but we had more players capable of better than we do now.

If we stay as we are, we are relegated, change now for a manager with a proven Championship record and maybe he can save us
The sad thing about all this... on 19:34 - Oct 22 with 2278 viewsPositivelyPortman

Steady on lovey.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024