Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager Panic! 10:34 - Oct 22 with 7539 viewsjjblue84

Why is it that fans start squawking for the manager to be sacked in OCTOBER when a few results haven’t gone their way? 5 more goals and we’d be in the top half!! On such fine margins does the squawking begin for some...
Manager Panic! on 20:13 - Oct 22 with 1904 viewspointofblue

Anyone who can stomach reading my posts know I’m a staunch Hurst inner but it does feel like his time is up. He’s had two international breaks, after which we’ve performed worse than immediately before it - that speaks volumes about what’s happening on the practice pitch and in training.

I can understand Evans seeing this week out before pulling the trigger as we have no game next week. But if Hurst is still here next Monday he’s either had a very good result or Evans simply couldn’t care less about how this season is panning out.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 20:22]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Manager Panic! on 20:17 - Oct 22 with 1902 viewsclive_baker

One mans panic is another mans decisive.

I’ve seen enough on and off the pitch to thoroughly support moving Hurst on to be honest, and I’m a patient and pragmatic person I would like to think.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Manager Panic! on 20:22 - Oct 22 with 1891 viewsjas0999

Manager Panic! on 10:36 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

Because we are going backwards and are bottom of the league, and he looks miles out of his depth.

This.
Manager Panic! on 20:26 - Oct 22 with 1884 viewsclive_baker

Manager Panic! on 17:03 - Oct 22 by jjblue84

Robson had had no previous success, unlike Hurst. But still there was no panic at the time! Must have been run by grown-ups...

No offence, and I know you’re only having a discussion and what not, but trying to draw any comparisons between our start under Robson and Hurst isnt even apples with oranges, it’s more like apples with garden furniture. The whole game and industry is unrecognisable, let alone our club.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Manager Panic! on 23:24 - Oct 22 with 1849 viewsGuthrum

Manager Panic! on 19:57 - Oct 22 by jjblue84

Will it do real harm? Most of the Premier League clubs have been there more recently than us so its obviously not a long term issue...

Only just over half of them have (12 out of 20). 100% of other teams in the Championship have also been in the third tier more recently than us. It means relatively little when you've been out of there as long as we have.

For that matter, we've been in the top division several times since the last occasion we were in the third tier.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Manager Panic! on 23:54 - Oct 22 with 1835 viewsthatdamgood89

Because fine margins wins football matches and if you take Swansea away that all important column is rather empty.

To be fair though I get what your saying, after all had I been born in the USA not England I could have married Kate Hudson...fine margins and all that.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Manager Panic! on 01:38 - Oct 23 with 1825 viewsjjblue84

Manager Panic! on 23:24 - Oct 22 by Guthrum

Only just over half of them have (12 out of 20). 100% of other teams in the Championship have also been in the third tier more recently than us. It means relatively little when you've been out of there as long as we have.

For that matter, we've been in the top division several times since the last occasion we were in the third tier.

That’s right, most of them like I said, or ‘only just over half’ (+1 !!) love the way you try to massage those figures, do you work for the CBI??
Manager Panic! on 06:52 - Oct 23 with 1803 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Manager Panic! on 17:03 - Oct 22 by jjblue84

Robson had had no previous success, unlike Hurst. But still there was no panic at the time! Must have been run by grown-ups...

If we’re using examples of managers that had a bad start to their first full season having won a few the year before, it’s a good job we held onto Keane too...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Manager Panic! on 06:53 - Oct 23 with 1802 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Manager Panic! on 01:38 - Oct 23 by jjblue84

That’s right, most of them like I said, or ‘only just over half’ (+1 !!) love the way you try to massage those figures, do you work for the CBI??

You’re arguing with the nicest, politest poster on this board

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Manager Panic! on 07:16 - Oct 23 with 1792 viewsjjblue84

Manager Panic! on 06:53 - Oct 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You’re arguing with the nicest, politest poster on this board

Indeed, he’s very good at argueing his point and a great example to everyone. This doesn’t mean he is right!!
Manager Panic! on 07:20 - Oct 23 with 1792 viewschristiand

It's not solely the results though jjblue, it's the level of performance, the style of play, the constant chopping and changing of the team, even halfway through a game!! It just highlights a manager that just doesn't know where to go next. ME needs to put him out of his misery for everyone's sake and that includes PH's too, its just the right thing to do!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Manager Panic! on 07:33 - Oct 23 with 1783 viewsjjblue84

Manager Panic! on 07:20 - Oct 23 by christiand

It's not solely the results though jjblue, it's the level of performance, the style of play, the constant chopping and changing of the team, even halfway through a game!! It just highlights a manager that just doesn't know where to go next. ME needs to put him out of his misery for everyone's sake and that includes PH's too, its just the right thing to do!!

I’m not argueing that it’s not been poor so far, I’m just saying don’t panic when it has been!
Manager Panic! on 08:03 - Oct 23 with 1765 viewsDeano69

10 more and we would be second. Eieieio

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Manager Panic! on 08:27 - Oct 23 with 1745 viewschristiand

Manager Panic! on 07:33 - Oct 23 by jjblue84

I’m not argueing that it’s not been poor so far, I’m just saying don’t panic when it has been!

It's not just been solely Saturday's display against QPR though is it? Numerous occasions this season we have be found woefully short in games and have rarely trouble the opposition's keeper. Whether that is the tactics and formation, the style of play deployed, team selection or the players just not being good enough, the buck lies firmly at PH's door as they're are all his decisions. We already look a mediocre League One side now!!!

Manager Panic! on 08:29 - Oct 23 with 1743 viewsjjblue84

Manager Panic! on 08:27 - Oct 23 by christiand

It's not just been solely Saturday's display against QPR though is it? Numerous occasions this season we have be found woefully short in games and have rarely trouble the opposition's keeper. Whether that is the tactics and formation, the style of play deployed, team selection or the players just not being good enough, the buck lies firmly at PH's door as they're are all his decisions. We already look a mediocre League One side now!!!

Of course we're been rubbish so far, hence the position in league table. It's not a secret!!
Manager Panic! on 08:32 - Oct 23 with 1740 viewschristiand

Manager Panic! on 08:29 - Oct 23 by jjblue84

Of course we're been rubbish so far, hence the position in league table. It's not a secret!!

So who has the overall responsibility of that? Yes, the players need to deliver on the pitch, but they are only following orders. Stick with PH until we haven't got any realistic possibility of surviving in the Championship? He needs to go and quickly, we're getting worse as each game goes by.

Manager Panic! on 08:35 - Oct 23 with 1735 viewsjjblue84

Manager Panic! on 08:32 - Oct 23 by christiand

So who has the overall responsibility of that? Yes, the players need to deliver on the pitch, but they are only following orders. Stick with PH until we haven't got any realistic possibility of surviving in the Championship? He needs to go and quickly, we're getting worse as each game goes by.

Or stick with him and let him get us up the table and build a new future that we'd never have if we sacked him....
Manager Panic! on 08:41 - Oct 23 with 1724 viewschristiand

Manager Panic! on 08:35 - Oct 23 by jjblue84

Or stick with him and let him get us up the table and build a new future that we'd never have if we sacked him....

Not going to happen, open your eyes and see how we've played and competed in games....we're a distant second in a two horse race. Are you a Norwich fan?

Manager Panic! on 08:53 - Oct 23 with 1713 viewsjjblue84

Manager Panic! on 08:41 - Oct 23 by christiand

Not going to happen, open your eyes and see how we've played and competed in games....we're a distant second in a two horse race. Are you a Norwich fan?

Ah, if only you knew that to be true!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024