Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we need........... 12:20 - Oct 22 with 2647 viewsRob88

is an experienced old timer, someone street wise, a fire-fighter........can you think of anyone?

What we need........... on 12:23 - Oct 22 with 2620 viewsSuperblue95

Not going to happen. He's gone. Accept it and move on

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

What we need........... on 12:24 - Oct 22 with 2616 viewsNarddog

Or we should have appointed a decent manger instead of a poor one?

Dont confuse good management with experience.

There isn’t only one solution.
What we need........... on 12:40 - Oct 22 with 2572 viewsRob88

What we need........... on 12:23 - Oct 22 by Superblue95

Not going to happen. He's gone. Accept it and move on

Of course he is never coming back, would you if you had been treated like a complete koont by swathes of our fan base?

He’s probably sitting on a beach somewhere laughing his tits off whilst reading the sport roundup in the paper.

Unfortunately to move on I need to accept that at the present time we are accelerating towards life in lower league football, and yes, I am struggling with that.
What we need........... on 12:47 - Oct 22 with 2542 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

If Stoke were to sack Rowett I'd be interested in us appointing him.. It's Not going to happen on either front.

Stoke won't sack him (yet)
He wouldn't want to join us
What we need........... on 12:48 - Oct 22 with 2538 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What we need........... on 12:40 - Oct 22 by Rob88

Of course he is never coming back, would you if you had been treated like a complete koont by swathes of our fan base?

He’s probably sitting on a beach somewhere laughing his tits off whilst reading the sport roundup in the paper.

Unfortunately to move on I need to accept that at the present time we are accelerating towards life in lower league football, and yes, I am struggling with that.

It was right for all parties for him to go.

Just because it appears his replacement wasnt the right appointment, that doesnt mean Mick shouldnt have gone!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What we need........... on 12:50 - Oct 22 with 2519 viewsRob88

What we need........... on 12:48 - Oct 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was right for all parties for him to go.

Just because it appears his replacement wasnt the right appointment, that doesnt mean Mick shouldnt have gone!!

I don’t necessarily agree but I respect your view and I am open to being convinced otherwise.

Why do you think it was right for all parties?
What we need........... on 12:52 - Oct 22 with 2514 viewsPJH

What we need........... on 12:50 - Oct 22 by Rob88

I don’t necessarily agree but I respect your view and I am open to being convinced otherwise.

It certainly was not right for me (that's me not ME) so it was not right for all parties.
What we need........... on 12:53 - Oct 22 with 2510 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What we need........... on 12:50 - Oct 22 by Rob88

It had become a toxic relationship.

Mick was clearly fed up, and I am sure the break has done him good.

Mick had done a decent enough job, but the football had gone stale, as had his relationship with the fans.

We had a very good first 4 games, and the rest of the season was pretty poor.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

What we need........... on 12:54 - Oct 22 with 2500 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What we need........... on 12:52 - Oct 22 by PJH

It certainly was not right for me (that's me not ME) so it was not right for all parties.

You dont count ;-)

What we need........... on 12:57 - Oct 22 with 2475 viewsPJH

What we need........... on 12:54 - Oct 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

You dont count ;-)

But I am a shareholder,ST holder, Blues Foundation member, life long (apart from one year) supporter.......
What we need........... on 12:57 - Oct 22 with 2469 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What we need........... on 12:57 - Oct 22 by PJH

But I am a shareholder,ST holder, Blues Foundation member, life long (apart from one year) supporter.......

You dont meet the criteria. Sorry.

What we need........... on 12:58 - Oct 22 with 2466 viewsTractorCam

What we need........... on 12:47 - Oct 22 by King_of_Portman_Rd

If Stoke were to sack Rowett I'd be interested in us appointing him.. It's Not going to happen on either front.

Stoke won't sack him (yet)
He wouldn't want to join us

Rowett, who has championship favourites Stoke in 17th place and failed to get Derby up? Pass.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

What we need........... on 13:00 - Oct 22 with 2457 viewsRob88

What we need........... on 12:53 - Oct 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

It had become a toxic relationship.

Mick was clearly fed up, and I am sure the break has done him good.

Mick had done a decent enough job, but the football had gone stale, as had his relationship with the fans.

We had a very good first 4 games, and the rest of the season was pretty poor.

So it wasn’t right for some fans, that’s not all parties.
What we need........... on 13:04 - Oct 22 with 2441 viewscasanovacrow

There is no simple fix.

We had this streetwise fire-fighter and his last set of games wasn't much better, since then the wage budget seems to have been slashed.
I don't think sitting back with accident prone players and hoofing it to a non existent target man is the way I'd want to go
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 13:10]
What we need........... on 13:06 - Oct 22 with 2416 viewsGarv

What we need........... on 13:00 - Oct 22 by Rob88

So it wasn’t right for some fans, that’s not all parties.

Fans - majority of
Mick - was constantly on the end of abuse.
ME - Was facing attendances of probably below 10,000.

Right for all parties.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What we need........... on 13:10 - Oct 22 with 2391 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What we need........... on 13:06 - Oct 22 by Garv

Fans - majority of
Mick - was constantly on the end of abuse.
ME - Was facing attendances of probably below 10,000.

Right for all parties.

Indeed.

What we need........... on 13:14 - Oct 22 with 2368 viewsRob88

What we need........... on 13:04 - Oct 22 by casanovacrow

There is no simple fix.

We had this streetwise fire-fighter and his last set of games wasn't much better, since then the wage budget seems to have been slashed.
I don't think sitting back with accident prone players and hoofing it to a non existent target man is the way I'd want to go
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 13:10]

I agree there is no simple fix.

I would like to have seen him given a bigger wage and transfer budget before deciding to kick him out of the door.
What we need........... on 14:51 - Oct 22 with 2294 viewsNo9

What we need........... on 12:57 - Oct 22 by PJH

Whilst I appreciate your love of the blues what has that, during the last 12 years or so, done for either party?

My question has been for a long while how would ITFC have fared if Blairs vision for an English version of the German model not been killed off by Sheepshanks (if Tom Bower is right)?

Would ther have been multi ownership & if so would the club have died or prospered
What we need........... on 15:05 - Oct 22 with 2253 viewsPJH

What we need........... on 14:51 - Oct 22 by No9

Whilst I appreciate your love of the blues what has that, during the last 12 years or so, done for either party?

My question has been for a long while how would ITFC have fared if Blairs vision for an English version of the German model not been killed off by Sheepshanks (if Tom Bower is right)?

Would ther have been multi ownership & if so would the club have died or prospered

I think most ITFC supporters at the time and obviously the majority of shareholders were delighted with the ME takeover because in my view at least it more or less guaranteed a return to the top division.
I genuinely thought that we had just agreed to buy promotion.

Things obviously did not turn out that way and although simplistic I look upon the ME years as missed opportunities.
Things that could have been a lot better either with him or another Owner, they could also have been worse.

I think a lot of people, probably ME included, have regrets about what has been and what has not been done.

As to whether things would have been much different under a different Ownership we will never know.
What we need........... on 15:14 - Oct 22 with 2232 viewsNo9

What we need........... on 15:05 - Oct 22 by PJH

I think most ITFC supporters at the time and obviously the majority of shareholders were delighted with the ME takeover because in my view at least it more or less guaranteed a return to the top division.
I genuinely thought that we had just agreed to buy promotion.

Things obviously did not turn out that way and although simplistic I look upon the ME years as missed opportunities.
Things that could have been a lot better either with him or another Owner, they could also have been worse.

I think a lot of people, probably ME included, have regrets about what has been and what has not been done.

As to whether things would have been much different under a different Ownership we will never know.

It seems obvious to me that what ME needed when he expanded his empire to include a Football Club that it was going to be a bit more than the Pink Floyd song.
An experienced football man at the helm would have been a good start that would have probably precluded both Keane & Jewell being involved?
What we need........... on 15:21 - Oct 22 with 2219 viewsPJH

What we need........... on 15:14 - Oct 22 by No9

It seems obvious to me that what ME needed when he expanded his empire to include a Football Club that it was going to be a bit more than the Pink Floyd song.
An experienced football man at the helm would have been a good start that would have probably precluded both Keane & Jewell being involved?

I think ME believed or was led to believe that all that was needed to go up was to through some money at it, there were very few "rich" clubs at this level then, he did through money at it to start with and Jimbo spent most of January chasing David Norris.
I believed then and in retrospect still do that logically that WAS all that was needed-it obviously did not work out that way.

It would have helped if somebody that knew football was involved at a very high level though, as you say.
What we need........... on 15:23 - Oct 22 with 2209 viewsBenters2

A fire fighter? He could wash the North stand roof down with his Simon snorkel !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024