Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms 13:19 - Oct 22 with 5003 viewsDarth_Koont

Backs up what people are seeing and feeling on the ground but this shows it's not a local or specific industry problem.

http://www.cbi.org.uk/news/8-out-of-10-businesses-say-brexit-hits-investment-as-

The knock-on effect on the smaller companies and individual workers will be bad too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:04 - Oct 22 with 1655 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:50 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

The different forms of Brexit were talked about plenty in advance. And it being an issue now isn't a Remain issue at all. The fact is nobody on either side had a clear vision for Brexit and they still don't. I like this idea that Remain are the ones wielding all the influence. How exactly?

I never said wielding all the influence. Again i'm not giving leave a free pass. I just think remain have tried to block progress. We've done this to death.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:05 - Oct 22 with 1647 viewsNo9

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:04 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

I never said wielding all the influence. Again i'm not giving leave a free pass. I just think remain have tried to block progress. We've done this to death.

How has remain tried to block progress ?
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:06 - Oct 22 with 1649 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:53 - Oct 22 by No9

While the tabloid media & Murdoch has been behind brexit the realities have not been aired very well. You could say the public have been protected from learning the realities of what leaving the EU really means.
How many laws will have to be changed (estimated to be more than 500 involving at least 50 seperate countries) and how long will it take for all that to be resolved and what will be the legal status of the UK in the interim?

That's an in vs out debate, not about the progression of Brexit since the vote.

Truly impaired.

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:10 - Oct 22 with 1646 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:05 - Oct 22 by No9

How has remain tried to block progress ?

Demanding a 'people's vote' aka let us have another go

Amending legislation

Demanding to stay in customs union, single market etc

Constant 'how we can stop Brexit' articles with advice on how to stop it

Etc etc.

Right i'm off, got to go and provide tech support to my mum. Last time her ipad kept turning itself off...she had it in the case the wrong way round

Truly impaired.

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:19 - Oct 22 with 1625 viewsNo9

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:06 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

That's an in vs out debate, not about the progression of Brexit since the vote.

There has been no real progress in leaving because the issues I set out have not been addressed by the governemnt yet
leavers have been conned into believing things won't change whihc is wrong
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:39 - Oct 22 with 1612 viewsbluejacko

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:25 - Oct 22 by No9

The EU isn't the saviour of young peoples future but it does provide opportunities in 27 other countries for those who wish to try living & working in another country & from my own experience enjoying better wages + T's & C's
Who wouldn't want that?

So if our young people have all the relevant qualifications whats to stop them applying for any job any where in the world not just Europe.
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:49 - Oct 22 with 1608 viewsDanTheMan

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:39 - Oct 22 by bluejacko

So if our young people have all the relevant qualifications whats to stop them applying for any job any where in the world not just Europe.

Culture differences, price differences if you want to come home, availability of jobs to name a few.

I considered working abroad but would not seriously consider going further than Europe.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:56 - Oct 22 with 1602 viewsbluejacko

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:49 - Oct 22 by DanTheMan

Culture differences, price differences if you want to come home, availability of jobs to name a few.

I considered working abroad but would not seriously consider going further than Europe.

So what is stopping you?the world will not stop turning and I am sure that people from outside the EU actually manage to get jobs over there.
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:58 - Oct 22 with 1600 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:39 - Oct 22 by bluejacko

Nothing, it's just easy in Europe and there are plenty of opportunities because of our close relationship. Same with training opportunities. It's not one of the other though - plenty of opportunities elsewhere around the globe, especially in speaking countries.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 17:02]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 17:16 - Oct 22 with 1593 viewsHerbivore

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:04 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

Who do you mean by 'remain'? Neither of the main political parties and most of the mainstream press are not behind staying or even holding a second referendum.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 17:23 - Oct 22 with 1587 viewsDanTheMan

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:56 - Oct 22 by bluejacko

So what is stopping you?the world will not stop turning and I am sure that people from outside the EU actually manage to get jobs over there.

I literally just said what was stopping me personally. I can't speak for everyone.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 06:00 - Oct 23 with 1537 viewstiptreeblue

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:56 - Oct 22 by bluejacko

Because Europe IS the world in some peoples eyes. Didn`t you know that?.
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 06:53 - Oct 23 with 1526 viewsBenters2

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 06:00 - Oct 23 by tiptreeblue

Because Europe IS the world in some peoples eyes. Didn`t you know that?.

lol
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:29 - Oct 23 with 1488 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:41 - Oct 22 by m14_blue

How many leave voters cared until the press convinced them of the EU bogeyman?

It was never particularly high on many people's priorities at previous elections but now it is all that they care about, even to the detriment of the NHS, education, police, prison service etc....

The referendum has been so divisive and the ringleaders on both sides have absolutely no interest in healing that division through compromise. We've all been played and it will be the normal people who face the consequencesz

There is no compromise. You leave or remain in the EU. Leave won the democratic vote so we leave. And that means leaving all of it's components.

Had Remain won do you think there'd have been any talk of a compromise? Not a chance. The division in the country has been caused entirely by the remoaners acting like spolit brats.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:33 - Oct 23 with 1480 viewsm14_blue

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:29 - Oct 23 by The_Last_Baron

There is no compromise. You leave or remain in the EU. Leave won the democratic vote so we leave. And that means leaving all of it's components.

Had Remain won do you think there'd have been any talk of a compromise? Not a chance. The division in the country has been caused entirely by the remoaners acting like spolit brats.

You've pretty nicely illustrated my point I think.

Yep, definitely no divisiveness in your second paragraph.
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:38 - Oct 23 with 1477 viewsgiant_stow

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:29 - Oct 23 by The_Last_Baron

You cute little country-killers are the ones who changed the status quo. Accept what you've done.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:43 - Oct 23 with 1470 viewsagentp

It doesn't work like that.

1, It's far easier to employ those from the EU.
2, The length of employment is guaranteed.
3, Companies are largely multi-national and employees can operate in multiple countries etc etc. I could go on.

Your thinking is somewhat worrying.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:45 - Oct 23 with 1465 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:38 - Oct 23 by giant_stow

You cute little country-killers are the ones who changed the status quo. Accept what you've done.

I'm getting adverts for European lamb. There's a bit that says 'funded with assistance from the European Union'. I knew Phil and Gav were in bed with the EU!

Truly impaired.

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:46 - Oct 23 with 1464 viewsElephantintheRoom

It's been biting for years. The 15% drop in the £ on devaluation after the Brexit vote was a catastrophic income loss to the most poorly paid in society. The desperate straits the carers, cleaners and school dinner ladies of Glasgow for example show that over a decade of 1% or no pay increase for the poorly paid - the Brexit vote and resultant inflation have destroyed their lives.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:47 - Oct 23 with 1460 viewsgiant_stow

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:45 - Oct 23 by J2BLUE

I'm getting adverts for European lamb. There's a bit that says 'funded with assistance from the European Union'. I knew Phil and Gav were in bed with the EU!

Traitors!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:47 - Oct 23 with 1456 viewsNo9

Isn't it time you told the government & BBC that?
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:48 - Oct 23 with 1454 viewsNo9

Time for you to learn about the EU
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:51 - Oct 23 with 1447 viewsNo9

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:43 - Oct 23 by agentp

It doesn't work like that.

1, It's far easier to employ those from the EU.
2, The length of employment is guaranteed.
3, Companies are largely multi-national and employees can operate in multiple countries etc etc. I could go on.

Your thinking is somewhat worrying.

For the working Brit, the world will become smaller
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:54 - Oct 23 with 1447 viewsagentp

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:46 - Oct 23 by ElephantintheRoom

It's been biting for years. The 15% drop in the £ on devaluation after the Brexit vote was a catastrophic income loss to the most poorly paid in society. The desperate straits the carers, cleaners and school dinner ladies of Glasgow for example show that over a decade of 1% or no pay increase for the poorly paid - the Brexit vote and resultant inflation have destroyed their lives.

Absolutely this.

And the middle class next. What concerns me is that within a multi European culture, a multi European base has formed. Already Airbus has reduced the amount of British workers in France. The Leonardo take over of Westland is seeing a shift to their European plants.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 11:31 - Oct 23 with 1426 viewsNo9

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 10:54 - Oct 23 by agentp

Absolutely this.

And the middle class next. What concerns me is that within a multi European culture, a multi European base has formed. Already Airbus has reduced the amount of British workers in France. The Leonardo take over of Westland is seeing a shift to their European plants.

& with Land Rover opoening plants in the EU + Lloyds of London etc. etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024